Problems With Graphics Status Icons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems With Graphics Status Icons?

I have some status devices setup with selected graphics for on and off states. When in the off state the appropriate graphic is displayed that I setup in the graphics setup screen. When the device is turned on it displays homeseer standard on graphic and does not display the graphic for the on condition that I selected in the grahics setup page. I am using an x10 appliance module to turn lamp on or off. I use the classic light bulb for on and off display. When off it displays the classic off light bulb but when on displays the standard homeseer on icon grahic and not the classic on light bulb I selected in grahics setup. I have noticed this using HSTouch on android clients, etc. I am using standard homeseer screens at the moment. Any thoughts on this are much appreciated. Is this an issue with HSTouch and is there a work around for this? Thanks much...Rick

I have not seen this problem in my system. Can you post a screen shot of your status graphics page for one of the offending devices as well as a screen shot of the device management page displaying the incorrect image?

One thought. Double check to be sure the value for On matches the value associated with the graphic you chose.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
      I have some status devices setup with selected graphics for on and off states. When in the off state the appropriate graphic is displayed that I setup in the graphics setup screen. When the device is turned on it displays homeseer standard on graphic and does not display the graphic for the on condition that I selected in the grahics setup page. I am using an x10 appliance module to turn lamp on or off. I use the classic light bulb for on and off display. When off it displays the classic off light bulb but when on displays the standard homeseer on icon grahic and not the classic on light bulb I selected in grahics setup. I have noticed this using HSTouch on android clients, etc. I am using standard homeseer screens at the moment. Any thoughts on this are much appreciated. Is this an issue with HSTouch and is there a work around for this? Thanks much...Rick

In order to view your own graphics in HSTouch you have to place them inside the folders in the designer. Then when you load the modified file in HSTouch they will show. I have never tried to modify the default HSTouch screens but if you can open the default project screens then just pick your graphics, save and load the project to your tablet.

Eman.
      Last edited by Eman; March 2, 2018, 11:42 PM.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

The on and off graphics for the lights in question work ok from device management page on computer that the homeseer software is installed on. This would somewhat make some sense as to what you said below about the graphics files I am using needing to be in the hstouch graphics directory. However I have some graphics that aren't loaded into hstouch directory (I haven't loaded them there myself) that display just fine. Very confusing what is going on here. On the homeseer computer I have all the graphics I am using in the appropriate directory and I choose whatever ones I want to use in the device status setup page. Again all is well on the homeseer computer device management screen. Appears to only be a problem on the android clients. I did make sure the on and off values are correct in the status setup page. Any further thoughts would be much appreciated. Rick

Comment

I agree. You should not need to save your graphics files in a special place for use in HSTouch. As a point of reference, I've attached some screen shots for a representative device association that appears on an Amazon Fire tablet without issue. When the dryer is running, the dryer icon is displayed. When it is not, the image is blank, ie. an image file that contains no image is displayed. Both image files reside in the HS3 HTML/Images folder. This and several similar status icons work well and have done so for some time.
          Attached Files
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yes Uncle Michael,

You are editing in the designer and after that you upload the file into HSTouch.
            What I thought Rick was doing is editing the device management page in HomeSeer. Apologies!

Eman.

Comment

Eman and Michael,

I was modifying the device management screen on homeseer machine for status graphics. When I open my android client the grahics are the same as on the homeseer computer. This is true except for homeseer classic on and off and contemporary on and off graphics. Classic is a light bulb graphic and contemporary is the standard on & off graphics (default). When opening android client screens sometimes the contemporary graphics are displayed when I have the classic graphics selected on homeseer computer device management screen. Sometimes when I open android screens the contemporary graphics show and then sometimes the classic graphics display. What is really strange is sometimes the on state will show on graphics in contemporary form and then off graphics show in classic style. It is rather intermittent like homeseer touch screens don't know what to display when. I have only seen this strange behavior when using classic on/off graphics in the same screen with contemporary on/off graphics.

Michael,

The top picture in your post appears to be a setup screen in hstouch. How does one get to this screen. All of my graphics are in the same directory as yours are in on the HS3 computer. I have never had to go to a setup screen of hstouch to get graphics to display on android client. They are the same as in the device management page on homeseer computer. Only seem to have issues with classic and contemporary on/off graphics images. My guess is that hstouch doesn't like homeseer classic on/off graphics images. Doesn't make sense that you have to have all images in hstouch directory. I am using homeseer default screens so normally whatever graphics are set up in device management page on HS3 computer are displayed in homeseer default screens on android client. This is actually true except when trying to use homeseer classic on/off images. Your continued help on this is much appreciated. If you could explain what the top picture is in your previous post that would be great also. Thanks again for all your help !!!! Rick

Comment

That's the HSTouch Designer! Properties on bottom right side. It should be open when you open the project file. Because you said you are using the default screens. Open up the designer and edit the graphics from there. I think you don't even need to upload but save because the default screens are using that XML file.

Edit: Try to open on the main menu and if you can see default HSTouch XML file. They are stored My Documents folder (look for the HSTouch Projects folder) There you find all device types (Android, iPAD and the rest) Once you see it you will be able to edit it but make a copy of it first.

Eman.
                Last edited by Eman; March 3, 2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

The top picture in your post appears to be a setup screen in hstouch. How does one get to this screen.
                  In HSTouch Designer, select the graphic of interest on the HSTouch screen. That will populate the Element Properties menu with the attributes of that field. Look for Status Tracking Normal. When you click on that field there will be a small box on the right with three dots. Clicking on that opens the menu that will allow you to select the HS device to track. It will also let you specify what you want to display, value, image, or status text.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Eman and Michael,

I am a bit confused on the relationship between the device management screen on homeseer computer and the population of homeseer default screens in hstouch. All my graphics images are in the appropriate directory on hs3 computer. When I open for instance the default devices screen it does not show any of my devices or graphics. Everything shows up on the android device as I would expect but not sure how to go in and modify or add to default screens. Are you all saying that there is a huge xml file that represents each screen and its associated elements along with graphics image references. Also do my graphics images need to be in the hstouch directory somewhere or just in the appropriate directory on the hs3 main computer. I would assume the later is true? Would I be correct in assuming that the xml file for all the default screens contains all required information on devices, events, weather screen, thermostat, etc. If this is the case then I assume what your saying is the default hs3touch screens can be modified via the xml file? Your thoughts on these issues are much appreciated and very helpfull. Let me know if I am off track? Thanks again !!!! Rick

I looked at XML file for my project and no way I should have to modify this to look at and modify homeseer default screens. When I open my project on Android device I see all my devices and text as it should be. Why when I open the project in the designer do I not see any device or event grahics or text like I do on android device. Seems logical they would be the same. All I see when opening device screen and event screens in designer is some sample text all the way down the page. As you can tell I am pretty new to HS3 and HS3Touch/Designer. Also not sure how you are seeing your custom grahics in designer if they aren't in one of the image directories in hstouch? Your help is valuable and again much appreciated !!!! Rick
                    Last edited by Rick Bonari; March 4, 2018, 01:13 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Eman and Michael,

I am a bit confused on the relationship between the device management screen on homeseer computer and the population of homeseer default screens in hstouch. All my graphics images are in the appropriate directory on hs3 computer. When I open for instance the default devices screen it does not show any of my devices or graphics. Everything shows up on the android device as I would expect but not sure how to go in and modify or add to default screens. Are you all saying that there is a huge xml file that represents each screen and its associated elements along with graphics image references. Also do my graphics images need to be in the hstouch directory somewhere or just in the appropriate directory on the hs3 main computer. I would assume the later is true? Would I be correct in assuming that the xml file for all the default screens contains all required information on devices, events, weather screen, thermostat, etc. If this is the case then I assume what your saying is the default hs3touch screens can be modified via the xml file? Your thoughts on these issues are much appreciated and very helpfull. Let me know if I am off track? Thanks again !!!! Rick

I looked at XML file for my project and no way I should have to modify this to look at and modify homeseer default screens. When I open my project on Android device I see all my devices and text as it should be. Why when I open the project in the designer do I not see any device or event grahics or text like I do on android device. Seems logical they would be the same. All I see when opening device screen and event screens in designer is some sample text all the way down the page. As you can tell I am pretty new to HS3 and HS3Touch/Designer. Also not sure how you are seeing your custom grahics in designer if they aren't in one of the image directories in hstouch? Your help is valuable and again much appreciated !!!! Rick

Ok,

Here is what I know, because HomeSeer created those screens, they saved them as templates. So when you open the designer you actually recreate the same screens from the templates found in the HSTouch Designer by drag and drop including you too saving your projects a templates!

Don't worry about the designer software it's so easy to learn if give it time!

Open My Documents folder you will find some HSTouch folders. It's here where you inject your own images and or backgrounds images.

NOW, here is a topic which may be related to yours :

https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtop...=11550&start=0

When I get time I will post you some more

Eman.

Comment

Now this one I have not attempted to do before : Start up the designer and make sure it's connected to HomeSeer.
                        If you look on the left hand side bottom dialogue box of the designer. You will see all your devices and or other elements. Then look for the device you on about and click on. Then just like Uncle Michael states on right side you may be able to alter the properties of that dice.

AND : Here is another way of going about it : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162134
                        Now if it's the same file I'm on about then open it up by the designer and edit it the way you like, save and deploy!

Eman
                        Last edited by Eman; March 4, 2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I am a bit confused on the relationship between the device management screen on homeseer computer and the population of homeseer default screens in hstouch.
                          Rick,
                          Do you have HSTouch Designer?
                          It is included with HSPro or can be purchased separately. I don't think you have much control over HSTouch appearance without it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I do have designer and that is what I am trying to work with. Not seeing in designer what I am seeing on android device? Homeseer default screens should display like any other project you do with designer I would think. Again when I open my android default project in designer I don't see device or event graphics or text like I see on android device. Looks like homeseer default screens take information from homeseer computer device management screen but when opening designer to look at device, events and other screens I don't see the devices and event text and associated graphics. Maybe if you have time you could look at the default homeseer screens (landscape) to see what it looks like on your system when opened up in designer. Would be landscape android project in hstouch projects folder. It would be interesting to see what you find? Look forward to hearing from you and what you see when bringing up default screens. Thanks much again !!!!! Rick

Comment

Maybe someone else with experience using the default project can help here, but I have not used it at all. It appears, though, that what you are seeing is not available to the HSTouch designer on my PC. This is what I see when I open Android landscape, on/off device:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X