Motherboard Monitor script and script error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherboard Monitor script and script error

I was trying to get this motherboard monitor script to work for me but I keep getting this strange error in the log, not sure what to check to correct the problem. Here's the error:

CommitDeviceStatus: Subscript out of range.

There's no indication as to which line of code is causing the error. However, all virtual devices seem to be updating okay.

Thanks for your response,

Simon

I started to see the same problem when I updated to a recent beta. For some reason the script now selects the number of devices +1 and generates an error when processing the first (invalid) device even though the remaining items update OK.

I changed the following line in the script by adding the '+1' and it now correctly adds the valid items.

for iIndex = (lBound(arrResults, 2)+1) to uBound(arrResults, 2)

Regards

Dave

Comment

Dave,

Thanks very much for your help troubleshooting and sharing. It's working great now.

Simon

Comment

I'm having thhe same troubles with the error message, but I have no idea what the motherboard monitor script is:

"for iIndex = (lBound(arrResults, 2)+1) to uBound(arrResults, 2)"

...went WAY over my head. Can you help me please - in layman's terms?

I have absolutely NOTHING running on my dedicated HS box, and I am getting these same messages - hundreds of them!

Thanks,
        Jcd

Comment

jcd,

The script itself should be in the scripts directory where homeseer is installed (i.e. C:\Program Files\Homeseer\Scripts). As far as where to find the entry to change, look for the following lines and these lines are toward the bottom of the script:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
          for iIndex = lBound(arrResults, 2) to uBound(arrResults, 2)
          strSpeak = strSpeak & arrResults(0, iIndex) & " is " _
          & arrResults(1, iIndex) & ". "
          if setdevices = "yes" then
          strIcon = "&lt;img src='" & arrResults(2, iIndex) & "' align='middle'&gt;"
          hs.SetDeviceString strHCode & cstr(iIndex), strTableDataP1 & _
          strIcon & strTableDataP2 & arrResults(0, iIndex) & _
          " &lt;br&gt;" & arrResults(1, iIndex) & strTableDataP3, TRUE
          end if
          next

</pre>

The line you need to modify is:

for iIndex = (lBound(arrResults, 2)) to uBound(arrResults, 2)

and just +1 to the end of the following:

lBound(arrResults, 2))

to:

lBound(arrResults, 2)+1)

That should do it,

Simon

Comment

HTSOURCE,

Thanks for the step-by-step... that'll do me just fine - except I can't find this script (am I SUPPOSED to have it?)

I have only the following scripts in my script folder:
            RFremote.txt
            shopping_list.txt
            shutdown.txt
            startup.txt
            weather.txt

Please have patience with me - I'm a total newbie and know nothing about writing code. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why my HS keeps crashing, and suspect that the mentioned error messages are part of the problem

To clarify, I have nothing running within HS yet - no events, no scripts, nothing. The only thing I have installed is the JDS plugin, but I'm not any further than that because HS keeps crashing.

Thanks for any more pearls of wisdom...

Jcd

Comment

jcd,

I see. So you're getting the same error in Homeseer log but I bet it's not coming from motherboard monitor script. Usually all HS scripts supposed to be in "scripts" directory and I don't think scripts outside the directory wouldn't be recognized by HS anyway.

You can do a search in Windows for filename called: motherboard_monitor.txt and see if it exists. This monitor script is not part of the Homeseer installation.

What version of Homeseer are you running? I don't have the JDS plug-in but I believe there is an updated version posted through the updater. If you have Homeseer 1.6 installed, you can update the program and other plug-ins through the updater. To do that, just click on HELP, UPDATES. The wizard will go out and search for new updates, then you just install what you need.

You can also try NOT running JDS plug-in and just Homeseer by itself. At least this way, you know where the balk park the problem is coming from Homeseer or the plug-in.

I'm also having problems with my Homeseer server. It all started when I installed the ATI Radeon VE, every now and then, I get an error when I bring up programs such as "cmd.exe failed to initialize" then I get a long error code. It seems though, if I wait a bit (i.e. 20 seconds or so), I can relaunch the program and it works.

Anyway, good luck and let us know if we can help. This is a great forum !

Simon

Comment

Thanks Simon.

I can confirm that I do indeed have the most-recent versions of everything.

Your point about running HS without the JDS pluging was good though - and I confess I should have done that long ago. My reluctance caused by my stubborn contention that I only want to run HS with my JDS system therefore it MUST work... but I should try this as a troubleshooting option and I will.

Unfortunately, I have about 3 things with HS that don't work, so maybe I delete the whole app and start over... I'm just bummed that this is so hard!

Thanks again.

Jcd

Comment

Working...
                X