Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a Python Homeseer plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in a Python Homeseer plugin?

Asking here cuz I saw a Python plugin created for Homeseer 2 many years ago and wondering if there would be interest in one today with Homeseer 3?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

I know this is an old post, but yes. I'm interested in using Python with HomeSeer.

It may be crazy, but I'm currently also using Home Assistant (all python) and they have a TON of components and supported devices. Mostly because it's all Python which makes it really easy and 2 because they have a simple component framework that makes creating new components rather simple. If there was a say IPython or Python.NET support then a normal Homeseer "framework" could wrap around a Python service???

Or am I bringing too much of my Unix/Linux background to this party?

Comment

No.

I prefer Linux these days and do a la carte Windows if needed (via VB's).

Both of my HS3 boxes are running Python scripts any how.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

No.

I prefer Linux these days and do a la carte Windows if needed (via VB's).

Both of my HS3 boxes are running Python scripts any how.
        I'm having a hard time deciding to run HS3 on Windows or Linux, but I code in Linux so this VB and C# is all foreign to me. I'm trying to learn but it's slow going. I even re-installed Windows on my workstation to test HS3 before I decide to purchase. Still trying to make up my mind on that.

Comment

Here ran Homeseer 1 and 2 in Windows and started to run Homeseer 3 in Windows and switched to running Homeseer 3 in Linux.

I still do utilize Windows on my Homeseer 3 Ubuntu 16.04 / 64 bit box here for Windows only SAPI for Homeseer 3. Intially tried the SAPI in Wine and it did work but I couldn't get the speaker dot exe program working in Wine. I had a bit better luck running the stuff on PlayonLinux. Then went to using Oracle VB on the box and run a micro windows server VB on the Linux box today.

I would like to see some plugins written in LUA / C running on the Homeseer box.

A Home Assistant to Homeseer 3 plugin would be nice. Thinking there is a Domoticz Homeseer plugin - never tried it though.

Personally if I were you would run Homeseer on Linux.

That though is my opinion as it will be left to you to decide what you want to do.

BTW try Homeseer 3 in Windows and Linux and see what you like better.

BTW2 here installed (like to tinker with hardware) - tested Home Assistant for a Joggler user on one of my Jogglers and it worked just fine running Ubuntu 32 bit with a dual threaded atom CPU / 512 Mb of memory and a 1Gb emmc.

[ATTACH]68166[/ATTACH]

RPi and Joggler tested / testing Domoticz, Home Assistant, HomeGenie (mono), OpenHAB, etc. - hardware tinkering with Smartthings hub, Almond +, Echo, et al...Automation is a hobby here. So the home is a automation sandbox of sorts.
          Last edited by Pete; April 14, 2018, 09:35 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
          X