www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > mcsSprinklers

Old December 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
OverSeer

You should be able to do it. The GC should provide a port where you can communicate in RAW mode. This is the mode where there is no protocol imposed on top of the IP/TCP. It also means that you need to configure the GC serial port parameters manually since that will not be done over IP when using RAW mode. If the Pro2 you are referring to is the Rain8 serial version (Rain8Net) then the parameters are 4800, n, 8, 1. This is from memory, but I think it is correct.

I do not have details of the GC setup, but I do know that Lantronix, DeviceMaster and Quatech units can be configured for RAW mode. I use Lantronix and Quatech. In the Lantronix case there is a port for RAW, another for Telnet etc. In the Quatech case I believe the same port is used, but in the configuration setup page you identify the mode this port will operate.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks Michael

Well the Global Cache' indicates it will work in the raw mode. There are 2 serial ports on the GC100-12 one is on port 4999 and the second is 5000. I did have to configure the ports as you indicated. I tried setting mcsSprinklers to operate on both ports with no luck. I didn't want to work on something if it didn't have a change of working. I am away from home now I will get on it when I get back home. Thank for your input and any other suggestions you may have.
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
OverSeer

Look at the IO Comm window within mcsSprinklers to see the lowest level data going to/from. You can also use wireshark to see what is happening on the IP to get to the next level of debug. If the GC has some test capability see if you can have it send something and see if it gets into mcsSprinklers.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Seer Deluxe

Using Test Program

I have a GC100-12 in the garage it has two serial ports. One is on 4999 and Two is on 5000. I have tried mcsSprinkler on both serial ports. I get error messages that it could not connect. I tried using the communication test and it fails also. I place a loop back plug in either port and use the GC iTest program to connect and send with good results. Only way I have been able to communication with the pro2 is by using Virtual Port Emulator and creating a serial port then setting mcsSprinker for the com port for my emulator.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:26 PM
OverSeer

I do use mcsSprinklers in the direct IP configuration. Wireshark is free and it will show you what is actually comming over the LAN. This is for both the emulation as well as the mcsSprinkers direct output.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:18 PM
Seer Deluxe

I looked at wireshark. Since the Emulator and the Global Cache' iTest program seem to work I will just use the emulator. Wouldn't be able to fix anything even if I saw something using wireshark. There are no parameter on the network side of GC100-6 only serial parameters. Thank for your help.
Old July 27th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Angry Problem with update at new release of MCS

Hi Micheal,

I have updated to last version. After restart Homeseer, MCSPRINKLER PRO whas not reloaded.

If starting MCS manually, they asked serial number.

In Homeseer, Plug-In label, i don't have MCSSPRIKLER.

Please help.

Thanks
Hardware : Win XP SP3, Synology NAS 410J (4TB, RAID5), UPS (APC)
**** Using HomeSeer since release 1.4
**** Using X10 since 1990
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:15 PM
OverSeer

I do not have much visibility into what HS is doing with respect to the startup. If hspi_mcsSprinklersP.dll is present in the HS folder then HS should recognize it. I believe the .lf file is what HS uses to retain registration information. It does not change from release to release of mcsSprinklers. The other important file for mcsSprinklers operation is mcsSprinklers_2009.dll. This is the one that changes from update to update.

The Updater has a relatively recent version of mcsSprinklers. I think there were only two updates since then. I see two approaches to move forward. One is to go back and restore the HS folders from backup. The second is to reinstall from the Updater. The reinstall will not affect your mcsSprinklers setup.
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,
The HSPI file is not present.

I am using update option. The MCS is download. I restart HS2. After that, windows configuration is open, running and send a message : Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed.

Last edited by michelrochette; July 27th, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

I also tried to go back to installing the MCS ... DLL version 2.12.0.20 module. I had the same error message.
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:36 PM
OverSeer

You can manually uninstall mcsSprinklers from Device Manager. It will not loose your mcsSprinklers settings. Once uninstalled then you should not get the newer version message. If you do not have hspi_mcsSprinklersP.dll then the plugin cannot run. If there is a problem with your .lf file then you have registration issues.
Old July 28th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Seer Deluxe

You will find attached two screen images. I do not see how this place is that I can manually uninstall MCS?
Attached Images

Old July 28th, 2013, 07:12 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
You can manually uninstall mcsSprinklers from Device Manager.
Device Manager is a Windows application that I get to via Control Panel. Install/Uninstall Programs is the selection made there.
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have two installation MCS, I will uninstall both?
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:24 AM
OverSeer

That would seem like the best thing to do as having two may be part of the problem you are having.
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thereafter, if I understand correctly, I will downloader through the option in HS2?
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thank you! much, it works with Version 2.13.0.17.
I am very grateful.
For the next upgrade, what are the best techniques to avoid putting me in trouble?
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
OverSeer

The process you used with the updater is normally all that is needed for a installer update. I suspect your two installs caused some issues.

There are two levels of update one is the release and one is beta. The release is done from updater and the beta can be done from mcsSprinklers Other Page Configuration Management section, or manually by downloading the zip file from the version log thread link at the top of the mcsSprinklers forum. When doing it manually HS or at least mcsSprinklers needs to be stopped, the zip file contents (mcsSprinklers_2009.dll) unzipped to replace the older one in the HS root folder. When done from the Other Page a backup is made of what you are replacing so you can go back from the same page and the HS restart is automatic.

You choice of doing a beta update should be based upon if anything in the change log applies to you.

This and next week I do not have access to my FTP site so the latest update is only available with a manual update.
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks, have a good day.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:44 PM
Seer

Question mcsSprinklers house codes

Every time I restart HS, mcsSprinklers creates a whole new set of variables and assigns a new house code, I have to constantly go in and delete the unused ones. I am running the latest copy of HS2Pro and mcsSprinklers Pro.

Any ideas?