Remotec ZRC-90us on Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remotec ZRC-90 No Longer Works

Had one of these working fine with an older version of the Z-Wave plug-in but it stopped working about two weeks ago when I updated the plug-in. Finally got around to messing with this, and I ended up removing the device from the network and doing a factory reset on it. I can add it back in, but it always comes up now with the Sigma description, and refuses to build the child devices necessary. Have tried add/remove, add as non-secure, rescans, etc. Nothing works.

Current Date/Time: 9/15/2017 10:56:39 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.357
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 7 Hours 8 Minutes 59 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.171
    Number of Devices: 1232
    Number of Events: 617
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.47.0: BLBackup
    3.4.316.2: HSBuddy
    3.0.1.90: PHLocation
    0.0.0.34: Pushover 3P
    3.0.4.9: SDJ-Health
    3.0.6377.20892: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.144: Z-Wave

Hope to get this working again as it replaced an Enerwave SC7 wall mounted controller that went belly up - and you cannot find those nor their alleged replacement anywhere.

Comment

I just purchased one this week and having the same problem. I've tried adding it as a device and as a secondary controller. It always adds as a Sigma Generic Controller. It will not rescan most of the time and when it does, it still comes up as a non-functional Sigma Controller. I have reset it and excluded/included several times. I believe the errors are always:

Sep-15 4:31:51 PM Z-Wave Warning The device at node 69 should result in 2 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
      Sep-15 4:31:51 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 69, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I just purchased one this week and having the same problem. I've tried adding it as a device and as a secondary controller. It always adds as a Sigma Generic Controller. It will not rescan most of the time and when it does, it still comes up as a non-functional Sigma Controller. I have reset it and excluded/included several times. I believe the errors are always:

Sep-15 4:31:51 PM Z-Wave Warning The device at node 69 should result in 2 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
        Sep-15 4:31:51 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 69, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
        Hey guys, this one is a little tricky. I first pressed the R button and held for 10 secs then pressed it quickly 3 more times. After that you can include it by starting the process and pressing the L button. Wait till LED stops blinking to complete inclusion. If you need to wake it up use the W button.

Here is a pic from the UI.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've tried that several times without success. Are you running the latest (3.0.1.144) Z-Wave beta plug-in?

Comment

I've tried that several times without success. Are you running the latest (3.0.1.144) Z-Wave beta plug-in?
            I am running 357 HS3 and 142 Z-wave.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              I am running 357 HS3 and 142 Z-wave.
              I went back to .142 and tried again. No joy. Do you happen to remember what version you were on when you included your most recent one? I may try going back to the release version (3.0.1.130) and try again.

Comment

I went back to .142 and tried again. No joy. Do you happen to remember what version you were on when you included your most recent one? I may try going back to the release version (3.0.1.130) and try again.
                Yes I was on 130 when I included it the first time.

Comment

Yes I was on 130 when I included it the first time.

Comment

I rolled back to 130 and after a couple of attempts and resets it included as a Remotec controller with all of the correct statuses. But the only commands recognized are “button released” for all 8 buttons. Press, double press and press and hold do not work. After including I went back to 3.0.1.144 and it functions the same as it did under 3.0.1.130.
                    Here are the available settings I get when I create an event. Do you have these?

I wonder if repetitious pressing of the W button and a rescan would do anything.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are the available settings I get when I create an event. Do you have these?

I wonder if repetitious pressing of the W button and a rescan would do anything.

Comment

I will wait until you try again. I will look for you post tomorrow.

Comment

I am pretty certain I was on .130 when I originally included it.

Comment

Did we ever get anywhere with this? I really need to get this device working again.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
                              Did we ever get anywhere with this? I really need to get this device working again.
                              I was never able to get mine working. I tried with 3.0.1.130, .144 and .146. With .130 it was included properly, but would only recognize "button held" for the 8 - single and double press did not register. I tried several times with each plug-in. I told Rich I would mail him one of mine for testing week before last, but I never got it out. I'll try to get it sent to him on Monday. I expect he'll get it working in short order once he has one. I'll post back here as it progresses.

EDIT: Actually, I just packaged and labeled it to go out today. He should have it by Wednesday.
                              Last edited by randy; September 30, 2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I was never able to get mine working. I tried with 3.0.1.130, .144 and .146. With .130 it was included properly, but would only recognize "button held" for the 8 - single and double press did not register. I tried several times with each plug-in. I told Rich I would mail him one of mine for testing week before last, but I never got it out. I'll try to get it sent to him on Monday. I expect he'll get it working in short order once he has one. I'll post back here as it progresses.

EDIT: Actually, I just packaged and labeled it to go out today. He should have it by Wednesday.
                                Good deal. Thanks!

When mine was working, I had 16 functions operational (single press and double press). It even passed the wife test (who now says - when are you going to fix that switch thingee LOL).

Comment

Working...
                                X