Robot Vacuum Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robot Vacuum Cleaner

I've been reading as many post as I can find on a robotic vacuum cleaner from the Karcher RC3000 $2100 to the iRobot .........

I am looking for a few things....

1 Model of unit and satisfaction of your solution

2 Plugin or have you created a script.....how do you control it....

3 we have all hardwood floors.... NO Carpet................It's dam*n near Christmas and I needs to find her a present..... I like the karcher RC3000 but not wanting to put that much peanut butter spread out to clean the floors . I would rather hire a maid and watch her clean for each Friday.... iRobot 960 seems like a reasonable WiFi approach at a moderate price point...

I would appreciate some objective opinions from the team...

Devoir

I have a iRobot Roomba 980 and it works great. If you don't have carpet then the 800 series should work just fine. I will say that I have yet to find a way to connect it to HS. The built-in wifi on the new Roomba models is password protected. The HS plugin only works for third party wifi modules that you add-on to the earlier Roomba models that did not come with an integrated wifi capability. I have found some info on the net where others have found ways to hack into the wifi and take control of their new Roomba. So I think it can be done but you are definitely on your own at this point. That said I have been happy with my Roomba and it does a great job of cleaning the floors.

Comment

I have a 980 and love it. I empty daily and it cleans daily. I have it avoid going under the beds with the included 'sensors'. It gets 'stuck' on my super high shag rug under the dining room table on occasion, but other than that. I do a little 'maintenance' on it each weekend...clean the hair off the rollers, and blow out the filter.

I've had it for over a year with 0 issues. Their is not a plugin, but people do have the ability to control the device with JSON. Here are the links for you. I have tried it and it works. Now just waiting for the right person to create the plugin.

https://github.com/koalazak/dorita980

Comment

Robot technology

MrMxyzptlk

Thanks for the feedback....I always enjoy seeing what other people do and how they apply technology...

Comment

I'm thing about getting an 860 for the lithium battery and adding on Think Cleaner Wifi module. Anyone done this mod?

Comment

I have also been looking for a robot cleaner - been debating between the iRobot 980 or the Neato d5 connected.
            Last edited by Blade; December 23, 2016, 05:15 PM.
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Think cleaner

I haven't seen any new release of the think cleaner hardware for the 860 roomba... Does anyone have an inside track

Comment

I have a thinking cleaner on my 660, it's been mostly OK.... it does drop wireless now and again.

I've been much happier with my Samsung robovac. It cleans like a Dyson, works with Alexa, and with HS using a Virtual Device and IFTTT.
                My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
                X