Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrådfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    .... and it WAS named in the Ikea app? That's weird!
    Indeed it was!

Comment

saw a lot of entries today in the log, roughly every 8 seconds.

TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001/65550

Disabling and enabling the plugin seem to have fixed it.

Comment

Is the GU10 bulb supported? It is added to the hub, but after repeatedly rescanning the bulbs it won't show in tradfriseer.
        Disabled the plugin couple of times makes no difference....?

Comment

It's fixed, but not sure how.

I had added this bulb using a second remote, this create a second group in HS, but did not show the bulb.

Now I deleted all and re-added, now it sees the bulb, but not the second group....

When it was first included and did not show, setting the second group to ON would make the bulb switch, so somehow it was added, but not showing.

Comment

Originally posted by darkjamzi View Post
            It's fixed, but not sure how.

I had added this bulb using a second remote, this create a second group in HS, but did not show the bulb.

Now I deleted all and re-added, now it sees the bulb, but not the second group....

When it was first included and did not show, setting the second group to ON would make the bulb switch, so somehow it was added, but not showing.
            Okay, that's weird. The plugin only recreates bulbs and groups found in the hub. And it's recreated if you restart the plugin, or press the button on the config page.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

yes it is weird. Just added a second GU10 bulb with that second remote. Same kinda issue, the bulb does not show in HS, but the second group is there. Though that second group no longer controls anything, even though it has 2 bulbs assigned to it in the hub........

I'll restart the hub maybe that makes a difference.

Comment

I restarted the hub, this didn't work. I moved all bulbs to group 1 in the hub and removed group 2, restarted the hub and plugin and scanned for new devices, still no luck.

It's strange as all bulbs work correctly through the tradfri app, and all bulbs added previously work correctly in HS......

Only thing I can try is, remove that bulb, add group 2 again and then add that bulb again, this somehow fixed it for that first GU10 bulb.

Comment

I removed everything and re-added. Same situation now as with the first light. Group 2 shows in HS, but not the bulb. If I set group 2 to ON, nothing happens, but when I set it to ON last level, that bulb turns on.......

Comment

Yes, the "On" vs "On Last Level" I'm aware of. Ikea recently changed the behavior in the the hub so I need to investigate this.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Dear Moskus,

First of all, thank you so much for your great work! I have been using your plugin now for about 1 week and I love it. Costed me a fortune for replacing all lights in the house by Tradfri (118 devices in Homeseer...).

I'm also doing some scripting and working extensively with HSTouch.

I wrote a script to change all the standard status images. But I noticed that everytime the plugin / Homeseer starts or I do a scan on the bulbs, the devices are still there (same references) but the status images are overwritten to the default. Is this maybe something you could change in a next version? So if a device is already existing, leaving the status images as they are?

Another thing I have noticed is that the color temperature of a group does not seem to work.

Again, thanks for the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Yazzcat View Post
                        I wrote a script to change all the standard status images. But I noticed that everytime the plugin / Homeseer starts or I do a scan on the bulbs, the devices are still there (same references) but the status images are overwritten to the default. Is this maybe something you could change in a next version? So if a device is already existing, leaving the status images as they are?
                        I didn't realize that people did this, sorry!
                        It was an easier way to make the devices consistent with HomeSeers look on devices when the plugin was updated and new functionality was added.

I'll look into this, and see if I can avoid "updating" the status graphics when the plugin hasn't been updated.
                        But beware, it might sometimes be necessary to update these graphics icons, e.g. when Ikea changes some of the statuses. Then I will need to update the value statuses and graphics. Otherwise a user would have to delete the devices and re-create them, and that would be too much work...

Originally posted by Yazzcat View Post
                        Another thing I have noticed is that the color temperature of a group does not seem to work.
                        That is true, and I haven't yet figured out why...

Comment

I've not had chance to experiment for a while.
                          My bulbs are showing as Offline so I did a rescan.
                          I'm seeing this in the log;
                          Feb-02 17:42:50 TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001
                          Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                            I've not had chance to experiment for a while.
                            My bulbs are showing as Offline so I did a rescan.
                            I'm seeing this in the log;
                            Feb-02 17:42:50 TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001
                            Any suggestions?
                            Yes:
                            Stop the plugin.
                            Reboot the Tradfri hub.
                            Start the plugin.

Comment

That didn't work :-(

Feb-05 09:09:33 TradfriSeer Plugin devices found count: 13 Feb-05 09:09:32 TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001 Feb-05 09:08:44 TradfriSeer Plugin devices found count: 13 Feb-05 09:08:43 TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15004 Feb-05 09:08:38 TradfriSeer Plugin devices found count: 13 Feb-05 09:08:37 TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001 Feb-05 09:08:32 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TradfriSeer Feb-05 09:08:32 TradfriSeer Plugin devices found count: 13 Feb-05 09:08:30 TradfriSeer CheckAndCreateHubDevices() trigging... Feb-05 09:08:30 TradfriSeer PSK alread exist for hub 9DrP1jj91OwhbOqa: mRDMDMUxrABuiqUE, ID: Feb-05 09:08:30 TradfriSeer This beta will expire on March 1, 2018. Feb-05 09:08:30 TradfriSeer Starting initializiation. Feb-05 09:08:30 Info Plugin TradfriSeer has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51330

Comment

That is strange!
                                The "Empty response" message is a sign that the plugin cannot read anything from the hub.

Does the app work? Is the IP correct?
                                (Have you checked the "key" on the config page?)

Comment

Working...
                                X