www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > mcsSprinklers

Old March 3rd, 2018, 05:20 PM
Seer Master

system turned on mysteriously

mike the system turned on at 6pm last night. it was pouring rain, and the inhibit was on. 6pm is not a normallly scheduled event time...
I deactivated the system. HS would not attach the debug for some reason so sending u separately. Thanks G
Old March 3rd, 2018, 07:48 PM
OverSeer

I don't have your mcsSprinklers.ini, but it looks to me as if you have a 2 AM start time in your first Area. You also have a Forecast Within inhibit setup. It did not start at 2 AM because of the forecast inhibit. At 6 PM the forecast changed such that it was no longer inhibited and the irrigation cycle started. I am not certain the time of day your site changes from "today" being replaced by "tomorrow". If it is at 6 PM then it could explain why the forecast changed at this time. If this is your situation you could also setup an inhibit to not irrigate if a certain amount of rainfall occurred today. This would take care of a situation where it is raining now and the irrigation starts.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 09:53 PM
Seer Master

Thanks. I couldn’t find where to check how my system is set for when the day starts. I assumed 1201am.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 10:04 PM
OverSeer

There is no setting in mcsSprinklers. mcsSprinklers uses the first 5 forecast entries. Some providers have 5, some 7, some 10, some 14. When a provider elects to shift their window is not something that is programmable.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 10:19 PM
Seer Master

Thanks mike.