Opening gate by location and via alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening gate by location and via alexa

I'd previously posted this in the wrong forum. Hopefully this is the right place!

1. I'm currently using an IFTTT recipe to open my driveway gate via a cell phone when I enter a geo fenced area on Google maps. so basically, when I arrive to my house, the gate is open for me and closes after a set period of time. It works fine a lot of the time, but other times it can take from 1 minute two half an hour to work which is a bit of a bummer. Maybe it's the cell network, who knows.
    Anyway, I was wondering if anything can be done on homeseer to achieve more consistant results?

2. I'd like to be able to open or close my gate internally via alexa. I have 3 handsets in the house and normally you would push a button on one of the hand sets. The wiring for all 3 handsets terminate into a junction box in my comms room, right beside my alexa and homeseer setup.
    I was thinking of a z-wave power relay but maybe thats a bit over the top for something so simple. Basically, I'd like to be able to say, "Alexa open/close the gate"
    I should add, I'm also using OMNIPRO 2 and a centralite system if that helps.

Just wondering if anyone has done something similar?

Originally posted by spagettilegs View Post
    I'd previously posted this in the wrong forum. Hopefully this is the right place!

1. I'm currently using an IFTTT recipe to open my driveway gate via a cell phone when I enter a geo fenced area on Google maps. so basically, when I arrive to my house, the gate is open for me and closes after a set period of time. It works fine a lot of the time, but other times it can take from 1 minute two half an hour to work which is a bit of a bummer. Maybe it's the cell network, who knows.
    Anyway, I was wondering if anything can be done on homeseer to achieve more consistant results?

2. I'd like to be able to open or close my gate internally via alexa. I have 3 handsets in the house and normally you would push a button on one of the hand sets. The wiring for all 3 handsets terminate into a junction box in my comms room, right beside my alexa and homeseer setup.
    I was thinking of a z-wave power relay but maybe thats a bit over the top for something so simple. Basically, I'd like to be able to say, "Alexa open/close the gate"
    I should add, I'm also using OMNIPRO 2 and a centralite system if that helps.

Just wondering if anyone has done something similar?

I use a MIMOlite on my gate to open and close it via z-wave.

I also use PHloation and Geofency or EgiGeoZone to open the gate as I pull up.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      I use a MIMOlite on my gate to open and close it via z-wave.

I also use PHloation and Geofency or EgiGeoZone to open the gate as I pull up.

That sounds like exactly what I need. Do you have any issues with it, in regard to reliability etc.

Is it simple enough to put together?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spagettilegs View Post
        That sounds like exactly what I need. Do you have any issues with it, in regard to reliability etc.

Is it simple enough to put together?

Thanks
        Gate to z-wave no problem. Your geofencing and home away needs to be dialed in well before using it. That maybe easy or hard for you.

I have alot riding on my home away. Notifications, lighting, alarm and more are based on my home and away. So I have been using it and tweeking it for years. The gate opening and closing was just a small add on.

Comment

Working...
        X