Send Speech to Different Clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Speech to Different Clients

I can see how to send text to a client but I cannot see how you can send speech to a single client. I only have the speaker set the same under Network at the top for users and at the bottom for HSTouch as well as the speaker window under options.

So with it all set the same the voice goes to the users choice of the output selected in the computer. That works fine.

But how do you send voice to a single client and not to all? I'm sure this has been talked about many times and I have read several threads on it but still not clear on this part.

I basically have an android phone in which I would like to send voice to and not throughout my whole house. thanks
    Last edited by cowinger; March 20, 2018, 02:35 PM.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to redirect from an Event.

Hope I got that right
    Attached Files
    Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
      If I understand you correctly, you are trying to redirect from an Event.

Hope I got that right
      Yes I would like to direct a voice announcement to my phone only but I don't get the same drop down choices that you do. I see the following.
      Attached Files

Comment

Weird. I suppose you could try to set the trigger to 'If manually...' and see if you have more options.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
        Don

Comment

Weird. I suppose you could try to set the trigger to 'If manually...' and see if you have more options.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
          Actually you were very helpful. I noticed that the thing that was different about the two pics was the red airplane. I clicked on it and the choices showed up. So thanks for that.

So I guess I could use "If manually triggered" from another event if I wanted it to say something based on the outcome of another event. Say if a siren goes off I would be told. If I am logged in of course.

Comment

Click the red "airplane" box to expand the options.
            Never mind - You'd already figured it out.
            Last edited by ITguyHS; March 20, 2018, 03:18 PM. Reason: Cross-posted.
            Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Glad you are on the right track
              Don

Comment

Ok, I got all that to work but there is a huge problem in getting the phone to stay connected to MYHS.

It would be really nice if the message could be sent when the client connects or re-connects back to MYHS so the message is not lost.

Not even sure that is possible. Thanks again.

Comment

Assuming you have HSTouch on your phone; correct? You are using the Android as a Speaker Client?

I haven't tried going through MYHS, as the connection here is, well, f#cking slow.
                  Don

Comment

Assuming you have HSTouch on your phone; correct? You are using the Android as a Speaker Client?

I haven't tried going through MYHS, as the connection here is, well, f#cking slow.
                    Yes I am using my android phone as a client and I am going through MyHS but I would rather try something else because it keeps disconnecting.

Thanks for helping too ITguyHS!

Comment

There is a really steep learning curve but you might look at Tasker and the Tasker plugin. I had a miserable time setting it up but I haven't had any connection issues.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1272
                      Don

Comment

There is a really steep learning curve but you might look at Tasker and the Tasker plugin. I had a miserable time setting it up but I haven't had any connection issues.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1272
                        Thanks I will take a look at it. Hopefully there is something coming that will work better than the current.

Comment

Working...
                        X