This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    I have seen in the last month several instances of the plugin unable to contact the COM port (=6 for me, using a 2413U). Windows says COM6 is is working properly
    2012-06-18 10:45:12 Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
    2012-06-18 10:45:17 Insteon ..Could not open COM6 - Access to the port 'COM6' is denied.
    2012-06-18 10:45:17 Insteon The Interface could not be restarted. The plugin is being shutdown. Please restart HS.
    Not sure, but I think I needed to reboot; restart of HS did not resolve (running HS in service mode). I have since updated the FTDI drivers and am now waiting to see if it reoccurs.
    Claude, I had this happen randomly too a few months back. When mark indicated it was line noise I looked for things close to the PLM that could do it. I have a furnace right there. I bought 3 of the $19 inline x10 noise filters, put one on the furnance and that was the end of those problems. I used the other 2 to quiet noise from electronic transformers for low voltage lights too. I don't know if this is the answer for you, but it seems noise close to the plm can lock it up with the symptoms you are describing

Paul
    Paul

Comment

I buy into the PL noise scenario. Only thing is that nothing has changed in my electrical world. The only thing I can think of is AC kicking in at the time I got the error, but this happens every day since summer wheather rolled in (actually since May this year... we are enjoying global warming consequences, on a positive note, here in Montreal). And then again, the errors are not on a daily basis and summer AC kicking in has happened year over year without issue. I have not seen the error since I upgraded the FTDI drivers; not saying that was the issue, but...

Comment

I know.mine appeared and disappeared.I started with 4 solid month a of goodness and then the problem you describe appeared. Nothing since the filters
        Paul

Comment

I replaced the PLM. I began the process to switch out all the links to the new PLM, but it kept stalling and having issues connecting to the devices and/or reading/writing to them. This took a full day. Now I'm still having issues and am trying to manually, device by device, resetup the settings and links and events. Not sure why, even with a new PLM, I'm all of a sudden having so many connection issues....

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
            I replaced the PLM. I began the process to switch out all the links to the new PLM, but it kept stalling and having issues connecting to the devices and/or reading/writing to them. This took a full day. Now I'm still having issues and am trying to manually, device by device, resetup the settings and links and events. Not sure why, even with a new PLM, I'm all of a sudden having so many connection issues....
            sounds like you have noise on the powerline or the RF signals aren't strong

is the plugin still having problems initializing the plm?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Try, Try Again...

Plugin seems to connect to the new PLM. I've deleted devices completely, then tried adding them back in. Programming them for HS works fine at first, but then I'm getting errors saying I need to read the database. When I click "Read Device Links & Settings" then I run into more issues like:

"Reading remote link database record #1, attempt #10..."
              (which eventually times out)

-OR-

"This device needs to have its existing links read before programming. The link table *could not* be read. Programming failed."

I'm reading through documentation for HS (what I can find) to see if maybe I need to kill the whole database and restart over? Thoughts?

Comment

Plugin seems to connect to the new PLM. I've deleted devices completely, then tried adding them back in. Programming them for HS works fine at first, but then I'm getting errors saying I need to read the database. When I click "Read Device Links & Settings" then I run into more issues like:

"Reading remote link database record #1, attempt #10..."
                (which eventually times out)

-OR-

"This device needs to have its existing links read before programming. The link table *could not* be read. Programming failed."

I'm reading through documentation for HS (what I can find) to see if maybe I need to kill the whole database and restart over? Thoughts?
                i wouldn't start over with a new hs database. that has no impact on the plugin performance; if hs devices, triggers or actions were messed up then i would consider it.

set down the number of retries in the plugin to 3; any more is a waste of time. what is your timeout set at? try 3 secs. A strong network will respond in a second or less.

try running an extension cord from the PLM to an outlet near your service panel and see how the response is.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

PLM / Device Issues

I've re-added all my devices and have reviewed the logs. I'm seeing the PLM losing contact very regularly now and messages to restart the PLM. The new PLM is connected directly to my HomeSeer box via USB and there are no other electrical devices around them. Also, I'm seeing quite a # of links in my devices to devices I never linked to (in entirely separate portions of the house) or to addresses like 00.00.00. I try to delete them, but they keep coming back, even if I delete the device and add it back. Not sure what happened as I had the house all set up and automated and all was working fine for several weeks up until now. Also, the ramp rate and default on-level seem to be changing after I set them. Does this sound like a PLM issue, HomeTroller, database or dll issue? Not sure where to go next and have already spent days trying to rebuild... Appreciate any direction you can provide.

Comment

I've re-added all my devices and have reviewed the logs. I'm seeing the PLM losing contact very regularly now and messages to restart the PLM. The new PLM is connected directly to my HomeSeer box via USB and there are no other electrical devices around them. Also, I'm seeing quite a # of links in my devices to devices I never linked to (in entirely separate portions of the house) or to addresses like 00.00.00. I try to delete them, but they keep coming back, even if I delete the device and add it back. Not sure what happened as I had the house all set up and automated and all was working fine for several weeks up until now. Also, the ramp rate and default on-level seem to be changing after I set them. Does this sound like a PLM issue, HomeTroller, database or dll issue? Not sure where to go next and have already spent days trying to rebuild... Appreciate any direction you can provide.
                    Please review the following thread related to the PLM connection
                    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291#5

we need to get this stable first
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

PLM / Device Issues

Mark,

I've reinstalled the PLM drivers, added a powered usb hub between the PLM and the HomeTroller Pro, made sure to keep usb cord away from power cords, and changed the outlet the units are plugged into. I haven't seen a PLM connection failure so far tonight.

Response status: I can control my devices through the web interface, but none of my 2420 sensors are sending On / Off signals like they used to to kick off my events. I've removed and added a sensor back and still no luck. I can link it to a responder and that works, but the status of the sensor does not update HomeSeer and so no events kick off. I can manually do updates to the sensor, and that registers in HS, but not the On/Off status changes. Below is an example of when I triggered changes to the sensor, including On/Off, but the On/Off aren't showing like they used to in the Log, or kicking-off my events. Any thoughts?

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 891pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=1187><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 78pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3803" width=104><COL style="WIDTH: 43pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2084" width=57><COL style="WIDTH: 770pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 37522" width=1026><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 78pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 width=104 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 43pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=57>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 770pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=1026>Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 5E 0D 1C F7 79 41 11 01</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Sending command 02 62 14 5E 0D 1F 2E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 14 5E 0D 1F 2E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 5E 0D 1C F7 79 2B 2E 00</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Received STX 0x51 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 5E 0D 1C F7 79 1B 2E 00 00 01 64 00 80 0E 2B 00 0E 01 57 54 00 00</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Motion Sensor 14.5E.0D settings read successfully.</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Setting value for \21</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Received message from Den Media Closet Sensor (14.5E.0D) taking hops: 1</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>6/29/2012 23:34</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Insteon </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64>Received message from Den Media Closet Sensor (14.5E.0D) taking hops: 1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

PLM / Device Issues II

Just did a "Reset & Reprogram Interface" and sensors all of a sudden started updating on/off status and kicking-off my events!

Comment

Working...
                        X