Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to mention, I am running Version: 3.0.5816.34594 of the plugin.
    Attached Files

Comment

Try disabling any firewall software on the system. If that works, then you need to add a rule in the fw.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by MrWassen View Post
        Hi,

After installing and enabling the UltraGCIR3 HSPI plugin, it is unable to detect the Itach IP2IR device installed on my network. I have run Ihelp which identifies/lists the device with no problems.

In an older post, a change was suggested to the HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.exe.config file. I gave that a try but and restarted everything, but that resulted in the menus disappearing altogether, so I reverted to the installed version.

After checking that Ihelp could identify he device I closed it to make sure there was no contention between the utility and the plugin accessing the device.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
        Is iHelp closed when you start the UltraGCIR3 HSPI? Last time I checked, iHelp doesn't allow any other multicast listeners on UDP 9131 so it must be closed when the UltraGCIR3 HSPI starts.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Last edited by Ultrajones; December 27, 2015, 01:57 PM.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks to you both for the quick replies - disabling the firewall did the trick. I will now add the appropriate rule and re-enable.

From other posts, I saw these ports referenced:

- UDP on port 9131
          - TCP on 4998-5001

Ill try these unless you think otherwise?

Thx

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by MrWassen View Post
            Hi guys,

Thanks to you both for the quick replies - disabling the firewall did the trick. I will now add the appropriate rule and re-enable.

From other posts, I saw these ports referenced:

- UDP on port 9131
            - TCP on 4998-5001

Ill try these unless you think otherwise?

Thx

Dennis
            Sorry, it is UDP port 9131. I corrected by previous reply.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Server 2012 update caused issue

I've had this plug-in and a GC-100 working seamlessly for over a year, and after a recent Server 2012 reboot to allow updates to install, this plug-in stopped being able to 'see' the GC-100.

I'm fairly technical and did all the usual poking around the firewall to ensure the correct inbound rules were still there and pointing at the right executable.
              They were all there and looked fine.

So I stopped HS and launched iHelp (after adding inbound rules for it) and it can't see the GC-100 either.
              I can see (via iHelp) the GC device from a separate Win10 box on the same network.

So something in Server 2012 changed to block this, and I've run out of things to try. Anyone else on Server 2012 seeing this?

Running UltraGCIR3 3.0.6132.16975

Comment

Originally posted by JonFo View Post
                I've had this plug-in and a GC-100 working seamlessly for over a year, and after a recent Server 2012 reboot to allow updates to install, this plug-in stopped being able to 'see' the GC-100.

I'm fairly technical and did all the usual poking around the firewall to ensure the correct inbound rules were still there and pointing at the right executable.
                They were all there and looked fine.

So I stopped HS and launched iHelp (after adding inbound rules for it) and it can't see the GC-100 either.
                I can see (via iHelp) the GC device from a separate Win10 box on the same network.

So something in Server 2012 changed to block this, and I've run out of things to try. Anyone else on Server 2012 seeing this?

Running UltraGCIR3 3.0.6132.16975
                Check the firewall for ports 4998, 4999 & 5000 to be open (or just turn off the firewall for a test)
                You should be able to telnet into the device on port 4998 if I remember correctly (connection only, no data)

Z

Comment

Problem fixed on Server 2012

Thanks for the reply vasrc, but I had already double and triple checked the firewall, even turned it off to test for a few minutes. Nothing.

The fix turned out to be very elusive and obscure, but finally I found it. Ya'll will love this.

The root problem is the multicast beacon from the GC devices is not arriving at the apps, so something in the Windows environment is blocking multicast UDP packets.
                  When I went searching along those lines, I ran across an interesting bug report on the VirtualBox Ethernet driver, specifically saying it blocks multicast traffic.
                  And, I have VirtualBox installed on this Server 2012, so I just went and disabled the Virtual box Ethernet driver under Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and voila, I can now receive the beacon via iHelp and the UltraGCIR plug in!

This bug report details a work around (and the root cause) in case anyone needs to have VB working, but it also looks like newer builds might have fixed this as well.
                  https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/8698

I will note that I'd love it if the UltraGCIR supported manual configuration of GC IPs (I always set Static IP's for any infrastructure application in my network), as that would bypass any issue with the beacon.

Comment

Originally posted by JonFo View Post
                    Thanks for the reply vasrc, but I had already double and triple checked the firewall, even turned it off to test for a few minutes. Nothing.

The fix turned out to be very elusive and obscure, but finally I found it. Ya'll will love this.

The root problem is the multicast beacon from the GC devices is not arriving at the apps, so something in the Windows environment is blocking multicast UDP packets.
                    When I went searching along those lines, I ran across an interesting bug report on the VirtualBox Ethernet driver, specifically saying it blocks multicast traffic.
                    And, I have VirtualBox installed on this Server 2012, so I just went and disabled the Virtual box Ethernet driver under Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and voila, I can now receive the beacon via iHelp and the UltraGCIR plug in!

This bug report details a work around (and the root cause) in case anyone needs to have VB working, but it also looks like newer builds might have fixed this as well.
                    https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/8698

I will note that I'd love it if the UltraGCIR supported manual configuration of GC IPs (I always set Static IP's for any infrastructure application in my network), as that would bypass any issue with the beacon.
                    That is obscure for sure.
                    They did give you manual config, but of course you have to be able to access the device to do that

I had some driver issues with my 2012 R2 box when I ran Hyper-V on it. I don't think virtual is 100% yet, although I'm not a big fan of 2012 either

Z

Comment

Firefox Errors

HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.357
                      Ultra GCIR3 Plugin 3.0.6132.16975
                      Firefox 55

Plugins->UltraGCIR3->IR Control->Execute Button "Sony TV" then Firefox generates errors below. Problem not apparent in Edge or Chrome. Re-started Firefox in Safe Mode with all add-ons disabled, same problem.

Screenshots attached. Fresh, first time install of the plugin. Trying to get it running. Any help would be appreciated.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Linux log file location

Hello,

Doing some clean up on my HS3 machine running on Ubuntu 16. One thing I noticed is there is a debug log thats created by UltraGCIR outside of the HomeSeer root directory. Looks like its using a Windows file path, which turns it into a log file with the entire directory name.

My HomeSeer folder is:

/opt/HomeSeer

the log files is being created one level up:

/opt/HomeSeer\hspi_ultragcir3_debug.log

While it should be:

/opt/HomeSeer/hspi_ultragir3_debug.log

I looked at the .exe.config file as well as the ini file on the config folder, I can't find any reference to that.

Not a big deal, but probably an easy fix too.

Thanks,
                        Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by transparent View Post
                          Hello,

Doing some clean up on my HS3 machine running on Ubuntu 16. One thing I noticed is there is a debug log thats created by UltraGCIR outside of the HomeSeer root directory. Looks like its using a Windows file path, which turns it into a log file with the entire directory name.

My HomeSeer folder is:

/opt/HomeSeer

the log files is being created one level up:

/opt/HomeSeer\hspi_ultragcir3_debug.log

While it should be:

/opt/HomeSeer/hspi_ultragir3_debug.log

I looked at the .exe.config file as well as the ini file on the config folder, I can't find any reference to that.

Not a big deal, but probably an easy fix too.

Thanks,
                          Andrew
                          Thank you for reporting this. The issue was resolved in UltraGCIR3 HSPI version 3.0.6551.16959.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Error on adding new IR Button

Hi, I'm trying to add a new command on the IR Devices page for my air conditioner. Learning works fine in ilearn, and when I copy the learned code to the IR Button Data Page, I Get an error saying

"Unable to add IR button due to an unexpected error. Please check the HomeSeer logs for more information"

Here is the error in the log

1/17/2018 12:24:24 PM...Error~~!~~System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
                            1/17/2018 12:24:24 PM...Error~~!~~System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed
                            columns uuid, module, irbutton are not unique
                            at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
                            at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
                            at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
                            at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
                            at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavi or behavior)
                            at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar()
                            at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.hspi_plugin.InsertGCIRData(String GCDeviceIndex, String strIRButton, String strIRData, Boolean bIRTriggerPattern)

Please advise on how to get it working. I'm running on Homeseer HS3 Pro with windows 7 x64, and the latest version of the plugin. I have tested with both a Global Cache GC-100, and a Global Cache IP2IR. Neither work. Please help, and Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brianbthompson View Post
                              Hi, I'm trying to add a new command on the IR Devices page for my air conditioner. Learning works fine in ilearn, and when I copy the learned code to the IR Button Data Page, I Get an error saying

"Unable to add IR button due to an unexpected error. Please check the HomeSeer logs for more information"

Here is the error in the log

1/17/2018 12:24:24 PM...Error~~!~~System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
                              1/17/2018 12:24:24 PM...Error~~!~~System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed
                              columns uuid, module, irbutton are not unique
                              at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
                              at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
                              at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
                              at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
                              at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavi or behavior)
                              at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar()
                              at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.hspi_plugin.InsertGCIRData(String GCDeviceIndex, String strIRButton, String strIRData, Boolean bIRTriggerPattern)

Please advise on how to get it working. I'm running on Homeseer HS3 Pro with windows 7 x64, and the latest version of the plugin. I have tested with both a Global Cache GC-100, and a Global Cache IP2IR. Neither work. Please help, and Thanks.
                              The Error indicates you're trying to add an IR button with the same name as another button associated to the Global Cache Device. Have you tried changing the button name to see if it accepts the input?

If it still does not work, please post the button name and the IR data here so I can try to duplicate the issue.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

I've tried adding different button names, but that generates an error
                                "A System Error Has occurred" when trying to add the button.
                                Here is an example of my captured AC Code from Ilearn

Code:
                                [COLOR=black] ​[/COLOR][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]sendir,1:1,1,38580,1,1,
                                [/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=#f5deb3][SIZE=1][COLOR=#f5deb3][COLOR=black]23,692,112,345,
                                 18,20,18,58,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,57,19,19,19,19,19,57,19,19,19,19,19,58,18,58,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,20,18,20,18,20,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,20,18,20,18,20,19,19,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,115,111,345,
                                 19,57,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,20,18,20,18,20,19,19,19,57,19,19,19,19,19,57,19,19,19,57,19,57,19,19,19,57,19,57,19,58,18,58,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,20,18,20,18,20,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,57,19,57,19,19,19,19,19,57,19,57,19,19,19,20,18,20,18,20,19,19,19,19,19,19,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,57,19,4938[/COLOR]
                                 [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                                I've simply named this button AC Test

Another thing to point out is that if I close out of the "create new entry" window, even though it receives the "A system error has occurred" it shows the button is added, if I refresh the page. However if I go and test the button nothing happens. I'm testing it with both my GC-100 and my IP2IR Learner and neither do anything when I run the button via IR Control. Neither the IR emitter nor the indicator light do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X