No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a lot of help to those still seeing issues but thought I would chime in with my positive experience so far with the .420 beta.

I do still have a very small resource leak on the HS3.exe process which appears to be mostly attributed to the Ivona voice that I'm using with HS3 but that aside, .420 has been running here for just over 8 days now and is the most stable (in terms of resource usage) that I've seen it in a long time

HS3 runs on a dedicated (rather lowly in today's terms) Atom 2800 based fanless machine with 2GB RAM and a Samsung Pro SSD.
    OS is Windows 7 (x86) with .Net Framework 4.5.2.

As well as 5 of my own plug-ins, I'm running Z-Wave 3.0.1.195, RFXCOM 30.0.0.36, Sonos 3.1.0.22 and the built-in HSTouch with 2 iOS and 1 Android clients. Android client is connected all the time and the iOS clients connect now and then as required.

My system is quite small by comparison to some here with just under 700 devices and about 300 events.

I don't use the built-in energy recording stuff because frankly, "its useless" but I do record a lot of stuff to database and do my own charting from there.

Overall, a happy bunny....

Paul..

Comment

Based on what sooty is finding I wonder how close we are for formal release and at least for me how long after that for a Zee S2 release with the latest OS and mono. RJH, any ideas

I've figured that if I did my own build the new build would come out a few days later just to spite me
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
        Based on what sooty is finding I wonder how close we are for formal release and at least for me how long after that for a Zee S2 release with the latest OS and mono. RJH, any ideas

I've figured that if I did my own build the new build would come out a few days later just to spite me

When I don”t have a crash before the end of this week I consider it as a RC.

Running .421

—-
        John
        Last edited by John245; March 1, 2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
          Not a lot of help to those still seeing issues but thought I would chime in with my positive experience so far with the .420 beta.

I do still have a very small resource leak on the HS3.exe process which appears to be mostly attributed to the Ivona voice that I'm using with HS3 but that aside, .420 has been running here for just over 8 days now and is the most stable (in terms of resource usage) that I've seen it in a long time

HS3 runs on a dedicated (rather lowly in today's terms) Atom 2800 based fanless machine with 2GB RAM and a Samsung Pro SSD.
          OS is Windows 7 (x86) with .Net Framework 4.5.2.

As well as 5 of my own plug-ins, I'm running Z-Wave 3.0.1.195, RFXCOM 30.0.0.36, Sonos 3.1.0.22 and the built-in HSTouch with 2 iOS and 1 Android clients. Android client is connected all the time and the iOS clients connect now and then as required.

My system is quite small by comparison to some here with just under 700 devices and about 300 events.

I don't use the built-in energy recording stuff because frankly, "its useless" but I do record a lot of stuff to database and do my own charting from there.

Overall, a happy bunny....

Paul..
          Completely different scale/system.....but same result.

Dual Octo-Core Xeon, 64GB RAM, 70+ plugins running, 3970 Devices, 450 Events. Also with Amvona Voices (several) and I've been up for over 11 days with no issues. Best I have had in a while.

Seems very solid and reliable on 420. Knock wood.
          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
            Dual Octo-Core Xeon, 64GB RAM, 70+ plugins running, 3970 Devices, 450 Events. Also with Amvona Voices (several) and I've been up for over 11 days with no issues. Best I have had in a while.

Seems very solid and reliable on 420. Knock wood.
            WOW, almost 4,000 devices. What are you controlling, the International Space Station
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Who here has the longest runtime on .420?

I know I adopted this version late this time so it isn't me because I switched out my HD to solid state. I am running fast and stable here on Windows 10.....only 3% average CPU.

Current Date/Time: 2/28/2018 3:16:37 PM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.420
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
              System Uptime: 4 Days 18 Hours 47 Minutes 35 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.5.3
              Number of Devices: 914
              Number of Events: 581
              Available Threads: 400
              HSTouch Enabled: False
              Event Threads: 0
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0
              Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.11.0: BLLock
              0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
              3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
              3.0.0.25: ImperiHome
              3.0.2.5: OMNI
              0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
              3.0.5.7: SDJ-Health
              3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
              3.0.0.42: UPBSpud
              3.0.1.200: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                I've had .420 running since the 19th at noon without issue.

But, I have't had a crash in HomeSeer since 2015 or earlier and that was due to a bug in a Condition that was fixed as soon as we nailed it down.
                Last edited by randy; March 1, 2018, 09:07 AM.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                  420 has been running 8 days and 18 hours so far without issue on Windows 10. However, I did not experience any of the crash issues other people were seeing on recent builds. I've been crash free for all of the recent builds.

Comment

• HomeSeerlog.hsd is not updated
                    • Logging is enabled

Current Date/Time: 01/03/2018 17:00:57
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.421
                    System Uptime: 3 Days 6 Hours 48 Minutes 58 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.2.11
                    Number of Devices: 1324
                    Number of Events: 131
                    Available Threads: 100
                    HSTouch Enabled: True
                    Event Threads: 1

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                    3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                    1.2.2.0: Device History
                    0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                    3.0.0.1: HS iTunes
                    3.9.6431.26038: Modbus
                    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                    3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                    3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
                    3.0.6490.28457: UltraSmartThermostat3
                    3.0.1.195: Z-Wave

---
                    John

Comment

As Rich pointed out in an earlier post, most of the crashes being experienced by a small amount of users are probably being caused by peculiarities in system setups external to HS3 and unique to the individual users.

The only testing I can see that is now required is the length of time users have one particular version running 24/7 without any issue. That will only happen when Rich fixes on a particular version and we all leave it running.

Comment

Can you restart the system and see if it starts again? If you don't limit the log size, it will stop logging as it logs to a ram disk and that may fill. See if you have a max log size set and keep it low like 10MB.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                        • HomeSeerlog.hsd is not updated
                        • Logging is enabled

Current Date/Time: 01/03/2018 17:00:57
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.421
                        System Uptime: 3 Days 6 Hours 48 Minutes 58 Seconds
                        IP Address: 192.168.2.11
                        Number of Devices: 1324
                        Number of Events: 131
                        Available Threads: 100
                        HSTouch Enabled: True
                        Event Threads: 1

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                        3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                        1.2.2.0: Device History
                        0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                        3.0.0.1: HS iTunes
                        3.9.6431.26038: Modbus
                        3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                        3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                        3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
                        3.0.6490.28457: UltraSmartThermostat3
                        3.0.1.195: Z-Wave

---
                        John
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          Can you restart the system and see if it starts again? If you don't limit the log size, it will stop logging as it logs to a ram disk and that may fill. See if you have a max log size set and keep it low like 10MB.
                          Rich,

Log size was 500 MB.

It is not an issue to restart the system. However I'm also testing long term stability after changing from McAfee to Windows Defender. If the system will run until the end of this week I dare to conclude that my previous crashes were cause by McAfee (as it crashed two consecutive times after approx. 4 days).

If other people are not seeing the logging issue I prefer to let it run until the end of this week and then restart. What is your opinion?

---
                          John

Comment

An issue perhaps not isolated to the beta but something I have noticed, it seems that if you trial a paid plugin and the trial expires at 30 days then the plugin stays active and working for as long as HomeSeer stays alive. I have a plugin (that I will be buying) that is at licence expiry + about 10 days and it still works fine.

In times gone by (HS2?? or before the HS3 launching process for plugins changed??) I thought that the plugins disabled themselves on licence expiry then when you re-enable them they should obviously fail with no licence. Obviously at the minute I am getting something for free and don't know how many other people may be doing the same.

I am running version .418 if that makes a difference.

Comment

Adam,
                              If you disable the plugin then re-enable it, it shouldn't work right?
                              A restart of HS would also disable it or rather enforce this license (enable or disable).

I think I've noticed this before too... Though, I was about to buy the plugin anyway, it didn't matter once I entered the code.

Robert
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Ok, you are on Windows, for some reason I thought you were on Linux. On Windows the log is saved to disk so as long as you have disk space there should not be an issue with log size.

If you don't need the log then sure, let it run.

If you want, send me the log file that is there. I can read it and see if any errors were generated. Also, go to the log page and hit reset, maybe its trying to display an non-existent date range or some filter.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                                Rich,

Log size was 500 MB.

It is not an issue to restart the system. However I'm also testing long term stability after changing from McAfee to Windows Defender. If the system will run until the end of this week I dare to conclude that my previous crashes were cause by McAfee (as it crashed two consecutive times after approx. 4 days).

If other people are not seeing the logging issue I prefer to let it run until the end of this week and then restart. What is your opinion?

---
                                John
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X