Rain8Net & Relay8net Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain8Net & Relay8net Confusion

OK, I am a little confused on how to use both the Rain8net and Relay8net on the same com port and plug-in. I read the forums and see a custom cable solution but I still have a few questions.

1. I have ordered the cable to connect a Rain8Net and Relay8Net together. Can I still use the Rain8Net plug-in and see it as another controller or do I need the Relay8Net plugin?

2. Do I need to power the Relay8Net via the powersupply or does it get its power from the Rain8Net?

3. My Rain8Net has 24v power and the Relay8net has 12v power. Is there a way to share the power supply even if they are different?

4. Is there a way to NOT use the Relay8net and make dry contacts with extra zones I have on the Rain8Net?

Any help would be great.

I don't know much about the Relay8Net device, but I assume it will need it's own power source and the protocol to talk the device should be the same as the Rain8Net which could be connected by the data cable coming from the Rain8Net. Here again I can only assume.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

A little more help on the Rain8 stuff

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...475#post873475

post 3.

Stuart

Comment

Working...
      X