New Version 1.0.0.6 - And I'm back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Version 1.0.0.6 - And I'm back!

Build 1.0.0.6 is in the updater. It includes a number of fixes including support for the newest UPStart export file. It also supports the blink and resume last on level commands for device links. USB UPB PIM support is currently being worked on. It seems each PIM manufacturer is using a different USB chipset which is very unfortunate since it will require a huge amount of extra code to be added to the plug-in which means less time for new features. The first to be supported will be the PulseWorx PIM. Others will be added as the manufacturer decides to release the needed hardware and programming information.

As for me I'm mostly back to 100% except for being 4 weeks behind on everything. I found out a few days ago by analyzing the hurricane tracking information (and with the help of Google Earth) that the center of the eye went directly over our heads, which means we got the eye-wall winds twice and in two different directions. We never got blue sky though, which I thought was supposed to happen in the eye. I must say that I have a new respect for the Mexican people, and a new distain for the U.S. commercial air carriers.

Since I'm not going to be able to read everything, please post a new thread if you have an issue that still needs to be resolved.

Thanks much!

Jon "Oman" Ort

Attached to this message is the UPB plug-in version 1.0.0.3.

This is a release build and will be added to the updater in the next few days if no problems are encountered.

To update the plugin shut down HomeSeer and copy the hspi_upb.dll to the HomeSeer 2 directory. Restart HomeSeer.

The new features / fixes are:

1) UPB has the ability to transmit multiple copies of the same command while assuring that the command will only be acted upon once. This is a great way to assure 100% confidence in controlling devices. The plug-in now supports transmitting 1-4 copies of a UPB command.

2) UPB has the ability for receiving devices to verify that they received and acted upon the transmitted command. The plug-in now supports resending a command if the receiving device did not respond with an acknowledgement. This option may not work with some SA PIMs and is generally not needed, especially with option #1.

3) The plug-in now supports the "Blink" and "Restore last ON state" for links. Since there is no "Blink" status for lights in HomeSeer, the status will be considered to be "On" when the light is blinking. These states are supported for links only, not direct to devices.

4) Device polling on startup should be much faster.

5) The "Snap" rate option in link commands was not working properly. Selecting "Snap" will now override the default ramp rate of dimming devices and immediately set the selected light value.

6) Some devices with inputs (UMI-32) would use the "A" house code instead of the plug-ins house code. This has been corrected.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oman; November 9, 2005, 04:04 PM.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)
Working...
X