Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, I've performed the upgrade to the letter. However, when I click on the Insteon Configuration button, I'm presented a blank page with only the HS banner stating Insteon Plug-in Configuration, and that's it. There's nothing on the page.

HS 2.1.21.0
    SDM 202

What could I have done wrong?

Comment

Disable it, rename the InsteonBasic.dll file to InsteonBasic.dll.old. You don't need to uninstall the old SDM but you can if you wish.

Jon

Originally posted by Near76
      What's the best way to completely unintall the Insteon Basic plugin and SDM...to start fresh when the beta is posted in the Updater?
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Thanks Jon...Is there a way to just completely remove the Insteon Basic plugin and start from scratch with the 'Insteon' plugin?

Comment

That's pretty much what I described. I did forget to have you delete any In steon devices in HomeSeer. The new plug-in uses a different configuration file so there will be no "leftovers" from the old one.

Jon

Originally posted by Near76
          Thanks Jon...Is there a way to just completely remove the Insteon Basic plugin and start from scratch with the 'Insteon' plugin?
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Is the plugin posted in the Updater...I notice a Insteon Basic 0.0.1.0...is that it or do I wait for an 'Insteon' plugin to show up?

Comment

Lesson learned about trying to keep the old INI =). Don't bother trying, it is not worth the effort, I readded all of them in 15 mins of tap linking.

Jon, thanks for all of the work.

Jim

Comment

Jon,

Now that "link management" is working a lot better in the plug-in, I am starting to see a lot of bad links in my devices from switches and modules that have died since I started to deploy Insteon.

Other than buying PowerHome, is there any way to fix that within the plug-in at this point?

(besides resetting each device to the factory default of course).

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jlegan
                  Jon,

Now that "link management" is working a lot better in the plug-in, I am starting to see a lot of bad links in my devices from switches and modules that have died since I started to deploy Insteon.

Other than buying PowerHome, is there any way to fix that within the plug-in at this point?

(besides resetting each device to the factory default of course).

Thanks,

Jim
                  I was waiting for the new HS Insteon plugin to see exactly that. I was somewhat confused about exactly what the plugin will be able to do with links. I purchased a second PLC and am evaluating PH on another computer in the house to run just for Insteon link management in the event that HS can't help with old links to switches that died and other such things. I don't want to have to wait for SH (again) for link management tools.

Jim H.

Comment

I thought this would be a common request after people could see what junk is in their switches. The next version will have an option to delete a link.

Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
                    I was waiting for the new HS Insteon plugin to see exactly that. I was somewhat confused about exactly what the plugin will be able to do with links. I purchased a second PLC and am evaluating PH on another computer in the house to run just for Insteon link management in the event that HS can't help with old links to switches that died and other such things. I don't want to have to wait for SH (again) for link management tools.

Jim H.
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Jon,

That is good news. Thanks for all of your hard work. I do have a follow-up question that maybe you can just point me to some documentation.

I need more information on Insteon Groups, how they work and what I should expect out of them.

For example, I have a SwitchLinc and LampLinc in my living room and a KeypadLinc down the hall that also has a living room lights button on it. However, I cannot figure out (if it is even possible) how to add that particular keypadlinc button to a group of the swtich and lamplinc. I don't even know if this is the correct usage of groups.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

There are two ways to do what I think you are asking. The first way is to tap-link the Keypadlinc button to the switches you want it to control, then create a HomeSeer group of the devices you want to control along with the keypadlinc button. Turning the HomeSeer group on/off will turn on/off the lights and KeypadLinc button.

The other way is to create a HomeSeer group with just the lights and not tap-link the KeypadLinc to them. Setup on/off events tied to the keypadlinc button that turn on/off the group.

An Insteon group is very simple. It is a way to have a single command control multiple devices. That's it, although each device can go on to their own individual dim level like a scene.

Jon

Originally posted by jlegan
                        Jon,

That is good news. Thanks for all of your hard work. I do have a follow-up question that maybe you can just point me to some documentation.

I need more information on Insteon Groups, how they work and what I should expect out of them.

For example, I have a SwitchLinc and LampLinc in my living room and a KeypadLinc down the hall that also has a living room lights button on it. However, I cannot figure out (if it is even possible) how to add that particular keypadlinc button to a group of the swtich and lamplinc. I don't even know if this is the correct usage of groups.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Regarding option #1, when I go to add a group, the KeypadLinc is only represented once. That is what is thowing me. How can I add button "5" on my KeypadLinc to a group?

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                            The next version will have an option to delete a link.
                            Jon
                            Will that functionality be added to the SDM as a text function or are you intending to accomplish that via InsteonRaw messages? Just curious, as I just got to that point in my app and I haven't had to do any raw stuff yet.

Comment

I use the USB PLC, what should I put in the COM port of the INSTEON plug in. It defaulted to Com 2 and seemed to infere with my W800 on Com 2. I changed it to 1. Is there a specfic value it should be set to for USB?

Comment

The plug-in does not use the value that HomeSeer places there. The plug-in will search for the PLC.

Jon

Originally posted by eletourneau
                                I use the USB PLC, what should I put in the COM port of the INSTEON plug in. It defaulted to Com 2 and seemed to infere with my W800 on Com 2. I changed it to 1. Is there a specfic value it should be set to for USB?
                                Jon Ort
                                JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X