This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello John,

For some reason I'm not getting a setpoint reading, however I can set one with your script. Here's what I get:

Mode: Cool
    Temp: 76
    Coolset: 0

I'm using script version 1.2.

Best regards,

Todd
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I am comletely lost here.. i got the thermostat, downloaded the .vb files and put into dir. how do those vb get initiated to be able to call them?

I tried calling the

Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb("SetTStatSetpoint","TStat1 Cool 80")

but of course it doesn't work, get error "Method not found"

what am i missing?

Comment

RE: comletely lost here..

Originally posted by spelts View Post
        I am comletely lost here.. i got the thermostat, downloaded the .vb files and put into dir. how do those vb get initiated to be able to call them?

I tried calling the

Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb("SetTStatSetpoint","TStat1 Cool 80")

but of course it doesn't work, get error "Method not found"

what am i missing?

After you put the two files into your scripts directory (usually C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Scripts) you have to restart homeseer. It will then run the scripts automatically at startup, creating device(s) for your thermostat(s) and initializing. Good luck!

-John

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
          Hello John,

For some reason I'm not getting a setpoint reading, however I can set one with your script. Here's what I get:

Mode: Cool
          Temp: 76
          Coolset: 0

I'm using script version 1.2.

Best regards,

Todd

I don't know why you're not seeing the setpoint, but maybe I can help you figure it out. Edit the script file to send the received Insteon messages to the log.

On line 114 of Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb you will see the following line of code:

'hs.WriteLog(ScriptName, "TStatRcv--Received Insteon Data: " & InsteonData)

Remove the single quote (') before this line to "un-comment" the line -- it should look like this:

hs.WriteLog(ScriptName, "TStatRcv--Received Insteon Data: " & InsteonData)

Save the file. HS will automatically start putting messages into the log with the received Insteon messages. Let the system poll the thermostats 5-6 times and then paste that part of the log up to the message board and I'll help you interpret what's going on.

Good luck!

-John

p.s. - I'm really busy this week, so I may not get a chance to look at it until next week.

Comment

I am having same problem.

I put the scripts into the Scripts dir. Changed the Insteon code in the script.

i put a writelog in the ExternalDevSupport.vb and it does not appear to be executing on start up. What/how does does the RegisterDevices get called?

Comment

The device is not getting created.

Comment

Hello John,

I upgraded to HS beta 135 and now the script doesn't work anymore. I deleted the devices and events and restarted HS hoping that it would recreate the two thermostats and sample events. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Have you seen this problem yet?

Best regards,
                -Todd

HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

upgraded to HS beta 135 and now the script doesn't work anymore...

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
                  Hello John,

I upgraded to HS beta 135 and now the script doesn't work anymore. I deleted the devices and events and restarted HS hoping that it would recreate the two thermostats and sample events. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Have you seen this problem yet?

Best regards,
                  I have seen some beta versions of the INSTEON plug-in that didn't call the Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb script when they started. Maybe this is happening...

Comment

I've noticed that the Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb doesn't seem to run anymore when HS boots up. Is there some entry in the Startup.txt script that needs to be re-instated?

Thanks,
                    -Todd

Comment

bump
                      -Todd

Comment

It appears you're having the same issue as some of are. See the "Registering External Devices with 2.3.0.0" thread. I didn't upgrade to any of the betas since 2.2.0.76 and am using the PLC (not PLM). Rich sent me a beta Insteon plug-in to try (1.1.51.0_PLC) but it didn't help as it did not recognize my PLC hardware (running 2.13 firmware) was connected. From what I have been able to determine, Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb quit running on its own sometime after after 2.2.0.76 and before 2.2.0.120. I hope that it's fixed soon.

Comment

i am now having this problem as of a few days ago. what is the fix?

Comment

Originally posted by spelts View Post
                            i am now having this problem as of a few days ago. what is the fix?
                            Unfortunately, I ended up getting so frustrated with HS Insteon support, that I bought the ISY/99i unit and using the ISY Alpha plug-in. It's very reliable and now works with the Venstar thermostats.
                            -Todd

Comment

The HSPI_INSTEON_PLC_1_52_1_1 does not register external devices on my system the first time after it is installed or the HS software is upgraded. If I navigate to the Plug-ins > Insteon > Homeseer > Manage Devices and click Update Programming on All New And Updated Devices and let that is function complete then shut down Homeseer and restart it, my five external devices are then registered. I initially thought that it was human error the first time, however, I have (re)installed the system multiple times and in all cases, the first time through, no external devices were registered. With my system, I can reproduce this condition almost consistently.

I've opened a HomeSeer Help Desk request (19141) on this issue.

Comment

Tstat - event not triggering

We are running latest Instreon plugin here along with the PLC 2414u and altought the POLLING of all devices ( 5 of them ) work perfectly, I cant get ANY event to change tstat status !!

Changing the value ( temp+ / temp- / cool / heat / auto ) works perfect from the status page but cant seem to use the HEATSET function.

Please help me !

I have re-installed the whole thing, deleted all devices, reinstalled old version and still always the same. I am now back to V1.2 and the only thing not working as always is the event to apply HEAT SETPOINTS, No error in the log, everything seems ok but status/value does not change on any tstat device when the event is ran manually.

Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                                X