This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon I/O Linc

Just curious if anyone has implmented an Insteon I/O Linc contact closure device (http://www.smarthomepro.com/2450/I-O...-1-Out-/p.aspx)?

It looks like it would a pretty useful device. I am thinking about using it for a garge door controller (http://www.smarthomepro.com/74551/I-...tus-Kit/p.aspx).

Does anyone know Homeseer supports this device?

I actually have been struggling with this. As you have pointed out, Smarthome does have a kit for this including the contact interface. The 2450 connects to the contact interface to know if the garage is open or closed and also connects to the opener to be able to "push the button" to open and close the door. It is supposedly smart enough that if you send an on command, it will only "push the button" if it detects the door closed and visa versa. I also linked the 2450 with a button on a Keypadlinc to indicate open or closed.

I am using the Insteon PLM plug in. The problem lies that if you program in momentary C mode as described, the 2450 only "turns on" momentarily so if I poll the 2450 to see if the garage door is open, it will always show off (or closed). So if Homeseer misses the message that the 2450 opened or closed, there is no way to really know.

Anyone that has a solution, please post. Very frustrating.

Originally posted by charger28 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has implmented an Insteon I/O Linc contact closure device (http://www.smarthomepro.com/2450/I-O...-1-Out-/p.aspx)?

It looks like it would a pretty useful device. I am thinking about using it for a garge door controller (http://www.smarthomepro.com/74551/I-...tus-Kit/p.aspx).

Comment

Originally posted by charger28 View Post

Both of these links are asking for a login.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Could you use a virtual device to keep track of whether the door is open or closed?

Comment

I have a virtual device tiggered to toggle with two events based on a momentary trigger response. It works very well and rarely have any false open or closed indicators.
          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Sounds like a reliability issue on my side but sometimes, the keypadlinc or Homeseer doesn't see the event. It doesn't happen very often but would love to be able to poll the 2450 for status

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
            I have a virtual device tiggered to toggle with two events based on a momentary trigger response. It works very well and rarely have any false open or closed indicators.

Comment

I have this running successfully, but I'm using an ISY99i/Pro as the controller with the ISY plugin for HS. Works like a charm. One indicator for door status Open = On, and another momentary trigger to open/close the door. Just note that the Open/On command is more like a "button press" that is to say sending a "off" or "Close" command does nothing... On just sends a trigger to the relay. If the door is closed, it opens it, if it's open, it closes it. You rely on the status to tell you what it's doing.

- Jim -
              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Smarthome is sending me a 2450. I'll be adding support for it to the Lighting Plugin shortly
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

anyone interested in testing a beta build of the plm/plc plugin that supports the IO Linc. please post a vistor msg to my page with your request and interface type: plm vs plc
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

2450 Frustrated

I just updated from an X10 Powerflash to an Insteon 2450 to overcome some reliability issues with X10 in the garage. Now, I'm struggling like everyone else to make it work. I was sure that if Indigo knew what to do with a 2450 then HS would...guess I was wrong.

If anyone has figured out how to "poll" the contact closure, I'd love to know.

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
                      I just updated from an X10 Powerflash to an Insteon 2450 to overcome some reliability issues with X10 in the garage. Now, I'm struggling like everyone else to make it work. I was sure that if Indigo knew what to do with a 2450 then HS would...guess I was wrong.

If anyone has figured out how to "poll" the contact closure, I'd love to know.
                      when you say poll the contact closure are you referring to the "relay" or "input sensor".

the plugin does currently poll the relay not the input sensor. the input sensor can be polling but requires a different cmd.

please suggest what you need to make your configuration work? for example, maybe in momentary mode, the plugin should poll the sensor not the relay.

what do you think?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The 2450 is actually two devices -- one in put and one output. As such, HS should expose both personalities. I can refer you to Indigo's handling of the 2450. First, Indigo knew exactly what the device was, whereas HS hadn't a clue (Unknown Device Type 0700 Unknown).

In place of the normal on/off/dim controls for a lamp module, Indigo shows status of the input and allows control of the output. A "poll" updates both statuses.

If I were updating the driver for the 2450, I'd probably have it generate two separate HS devices.

Thanks for the query, and I look forward to a beta version of the driver. In the meantime, I'll play with various configurations so see if I can make anything work and/or revert to the X10 module.

Comment

In the meantime, I've learned that HS does behave correctly when an event is configured to act upon receipt of an ON or OFF command. Polling just reads the state of the output relay (which may or not be of interest, especially when used in Momentary mode), but it does allow me to react to garage door open/close events.

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
                            The 2450 is actually two devices -- one in put and one output. As such, HS should expose both personalities. I can refer you to Indigo's handling of the 2450. First, Indigo knew exactly what the device was, whereas HS hadn't a clue (Unknown Device Type 0700 Unknown).

In place of the normal on/off/dim controls for a lamp module, Indigo shows status of the input and allows control of the output. A "poll" updates both statuses.

If I were updating the driver for the 2450, I'd probably have it generate two separate HS devices.

Thanks for the query, and I look forward to a beta version of the driver. In the meantime, I'll play with various configurations so see if I can make anything work and/or revert to the X10 module.
                            you'll need to update your plugin. the latest 1.4.2 supports the 2450. You'll need a PLM to run this version. There is not plc plugin that support the 2450
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Wow...what a difference a DLL makes. At least now I can manage the device. I'm still not sure how to poll the input separately, but by linking the output to the input I can get the current status.

That will work until my wife says to connect the door control, but that's a problem for another day.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X