X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
    shall do !

could you please clarify the preferred way of doing this now. i mentioned in earlier message that i have multiple KPLs with common buttons controlling a separate insteon module. presently i use HS events to sync them, ie, when the insteon is set on, the buttons are turned on.

with the new capability, do i remove the events? ie, what would be the steps if i set up a new module and new KPL buttons to sync

thanks again for your work !!

sjw
    Steve,
    regarding your events, you can just "disable" them from the event page.

regarding the multiple KPLs controlling separate modules...

i would suggest using the plugin to create cross-links between the kpl keys (as controllers) and the other kpls and modules (as responders). You will need to repeat this for each kpl key that you want to control the other devices/btns.

this way no matter which device you use from hs to turn on the circuit, all the other kpl keys will be turned on as well.

so basically, if A and B are KPL keys and C is the module then create the following set of cross-links

A to B
    A to C
    B to C

hope this helps

you can always delete the links if it doesn't work as expected.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thanks for the prompt response. i'll give it a try

Comment

some feedback. the basic 3-way link looks like it's working.

i assume that if i were doing a 4-way, i need to enter links for all combinations of 2 devices. directionality doesn't matter (ie, A -> B is the same as B-> when linking the buttons on the KPLs)

i had to delete the existing link and then add back with the cross link checked. i assume this was the right way to do it as i don't see a way to edit an existing link to add the check.

would be helpful if the link display showed the cross links

one issue, when working under HS control, the cross links do not appear to work either by running an event or manually turning one of the 3 devices on or off. don't know if this was an intended. if so, do i still need the events?

thanks again

sjw

Comment

postscript to last message. i think all is working correctly. i hadn't checked the sync linked devices box for each of the 3 devices. after doing that, all 3 stay in sync whether activated manually or by HS.

i assume that was required (check sync linked for each device and then check cross link for each link when creating them)

would doing them manually give the same result?
          a->b
          a->c
          b->c
          b->a
          c->a
          c->b

btw, i do see that the cross links appear in the link list it's just hard to see what goes with what, but they're there

sjw

Comment

postscript to last message. i think all is working correctly. i hadn't checked the sync linked devices box for each of the 3 devices. after doing that, all 3 stay in sync whether activated manually or by HS.

i assume that was required (check sync linked for each device and then check cross link for each link when creating them)

would doing them manually give the same result?
            a->b
            a->c
            b->c
            b->a
            c->a
            c->b

btw, i do see that the cross links appear in the link list it's just hard to see what goes with what, but they're there

sjw
            they way you created them should be fine, its the same set of links. the cross-link checkbox does a -> b and b-> a all at once.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

some feedback. the basic 3-way link looks like it's working.

i assume that if i were doing a 4-way, i need to enter links for all combinations of 2 devices. directionality doesn't matter (ie, A -> B is the same as B-> when linking the buttons on the KPLs)

i had to delete the existing link and then add back with the cross link checked. i assume this was the right way to do it as i don't see a way to edit an existing link to add the check.

would be helpful if the link display showed the cross links

one issue, when working under HS control, the cross links do not appear to work either by running an event or manually turning one of the 3 devices on or off. don't know if this was an intended. if so, do i still need the events?

thanks again

sjw
              i need the specifics of all the devices in the setup.

I realized after posting this build that modules like applincs and lamplincs can not be controllers, so turning these modules on via hs will not turn on linked devices at this time (i might be able to fix that later)
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

an example of the 4 way is just having 3 KPLs with buttons controlling a single (or multiple) lamplincs (or IOlincs)

is there a limit to how many links can be entered into the KPLs?

looks like the links are entered into the lamplincs. are you saying that even though they are there, they may not work?

thanks again

sjw

Comment

an example of the 4 way is just having 3 KPLs with buttons controlling a single (or multiple) lamplincs (or IOlincs)

is there a limit to how many links can be entered into the KPLs?

looks like the links are entered into the lamplincs. are you saying that even though they are there, they may not work?

sjw
                  most devices can take 250 links (insteon icon devices are limited).

if you use hs to turn on the lamplinc the kpl btns will not turn on. if you turn on a linked kpl btn, the lamplinc and other kpl keys should turn on.

its based on the nature of the links. the kpls are the controllers and the lamplinc is the responder. they each get different kinds of links which is what i based the 'sync' logic on.

I may have to add a different sync checkbox for this scenario, i think the current logic may produce some undesireable results. I'll test it and see what i get.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

thanks

if there are any diagnostic logs that would be helpful to you, let me know

sjw

Comment

i have programmed a couple now. one strange result. the very first one i did, which i thought was full working correctly (2 KPLs and an InLinelinc) is now behaving oppositely to what you wrote:

if i activate the module directly or via either KPL button from HS, all three work together and stay in sync.

if i manually press one of the KPL buttons, the light activates correctly but the other KPL button does not stay in sync. same behavior from both of the KPL buttons

does it make any sense that later links could affect a previously entered link?

Comment

i have programmed a couple now. one strange result. the very first one i did, which i thought was full working correctly (2 KPLs and an InLinelinc) is now behaving oppositely to what you wrote:

if i activate the module directly or via either KPL button from HS, all three work together and stay in sync.

if i manually press one of the KPL buttons, the light activates correctly but the other KPL button does not stay in sync. same behavior from both of the KPL buttons

does it make any sense that later links could affect a previously entered link?
                        could you turn on detailed debugging and post an annotated hs log snippet of the scenario where you manually pressed on of the kpl btns

i didn't think the code i added would be triggered in this scenario.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

found a small bug that was probably the cause of your lights bouncing on and off.

give this build a try on the same scenario you reported. turn detailed debug on. i also added a log entry when a sync msg is being sent
                          Last edited by mnsandler; June 16, 2010, 09:36 AM. Reason: removed attachment; serious error
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

First of all, thank you very much for adding this feature to the plugin, it makes a huge difference. I'm not sure it is the new feature that is not working, but when I select the Kitchen light from HS both Button B (Garage Door) and C go on on the same time. The garage door is also not working via the HS, it will not open or close the garage. (Not sure I have set it properly via HS) I remember trying to change the KPL from 6 to 8 and back, may this have affected the KPL? Perphas this is a different topic, but when I try to program the Kitchen Island Light 14.D6.78, it will not be able to program it, I get an error "This device needs to have its exsisting links read before programming. The link table cound not be read.

Again, your help is very much appreciated.
                            Aldo
                            Attached Files

Comment

i'm posting a couple of examples. this one is a manual press of a KPL. light does go on. second KPL does not sync:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received ^68 (Kitchen Button 2A - Kitchen Flour) Go ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device index 38 15.07.CB is group broadcast source (tgt group/button: 1) sending cmd 11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^68. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Checking for keypadlinc button sync on device 15.07.CB src index 1, SrcIsSyncTarget=True...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Located remote link record match for group broadcast - Device:08.84.AC link record # 3 target channel 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^49. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Located remote link record match for group broadcast - Device:14.CC.A2 link record # 24 target channel 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^14. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:28 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Checking for keypadlinc button sync on device 14.CC.A2 src index 1, SrcIsSyncTarget=False...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:50:29 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 15 07 CB 13 AC A9 42 11 01 - Event: New msg for PLM, Src[15.07.CB] Dst[13.AC.A9] {Grp Cln} Cmd1: Go ON Cmd2: 01</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:51:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 15 07 CB 00 00 01 C7 13 00 - Event: New msg for PLM, Src[15.07.CB] Dst[--.--.--] {Grp Brdcst} Cmd1: Go OFF Cmd2: 00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

second example: manual press of a KPL. successfully turns on IOlinc. 2 other KPLs do not sync up their LEDs:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received ^20 (Avis Room 6 button Switch C - Stereo Main On/Off) Go ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device index 16 12.BE.17 is group broadcast source (tgt group/button: 5) sending cmd 11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^20. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Checking for keypadlinc button sync on device 12.BE.17 src index 5, SrcIsSyncTarget=True...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Located remote link record match for group broadcast - Device:0F.8A.B4 link record # 4 target channel 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^11. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Located remote link record match for group broadcast - Device:14.72.76 link record # 29 target channel 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^37. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Checking for keypadlinc button sync on device 14.72.76 src index 1, SrcIsSyncTarget=False...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Located remote link record match for group broadcast - Device:14.70.8D link record # 23 target channel 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^50. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Checking for keypadlinc button sync on device 14.70.8D src index 1, SrcIsSyncTarget=False...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>WaitForInsteonRaw received: 01 12 BE 17 00 00 05 C7 11 00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:19 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>**No response, group clean-up process failed for device 14.CC.A2 Try #4 FAILED</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 8:52:20 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 12 BE 17 13 AC A9 41 11 05 - Event: New msg for PLM, Src[12.BE.17] Dst[13.AC.A9] {Grp Cln} Cmd1: Go ON Cmd2: 05</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                                X