This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    Today I replaced the old PLM with a new PLM, everything seem to be working ok.
    Not sure if this is a norrmal or not but I noticed that HS reports that the light is still on when the light is actually off. I set the polling interval to 1 minute for each switch, should it check if the light switch is actually on or off?

Thanks again for all your help,
    Aldo
    you might try the "Update Insteon Interface Address Database" function in the plugin. maybe some of the insteon ids are missing from the PLM
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Similas PLM randomly stops working

Hi,
      I have been following this thread, because I have a similar problem.
      I have replaced my PLM, but same results. I have run the update addresses, no change.
      If I unplug PLM from the AC it will restart and run for a while.
      I am using a USB to Serial (which I have used for years) adapter, and have replaced that too.
      Attached is my zipped log in "debug" mode. Also, my "steup" is in my sig line.
      Thanks,
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sonnyh View Post
        Hi,
        I have been following this thread, because I have a similar problem.
        I have replaced my PLM, but same results. I have run the update addresses, no change.
        If I unplug PLM from the AC it will restart and run for a while.
        I am using a USB to Serial (which I have used for years) adapter, and have replaced that too.
        Attached is my zipped log in "debug" mode. Also, my "steup" is in my sig line.
        Thanks,
        Which plm model do you have? i'm guessing a 2413s. and what plugin version are you running?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Plm (2413s) [1.5.0.3]

Attached is a startup log after I shutdown HS.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sonnyh; November 9, 2010, 11:44 AM. Reason: Add info

Comment

I was wondering if I was the only one with these issues. I'm not asking for a 100% system but close to 90% would be great. I would like to rely on HS to give me the right reading on the lights and other sensors but not even close. I'm spending money to buy filters, time to reset switches and I hope I'm not annoying this board with these questions.

I was able fix most of these problems by replacing the PLM and resetting all the devices that I have. Now I get close to 90%. Although I still have few minor issues that I would like to resolve.

I have an Infrared Wireless Access Point with 12 channels setup up. What these channels do? I setup it with the remote control, if I use via the remote, the lights are going on and off with good reading but HS does not read the status on the lights correctly.
            What these channels should do, if I change the icon light nothing changes?

I have two old ICON switches, I try to reset them but using the manual from Smarthome does not work, any other suggestions.

I added a delay on the event for the bathroom fan, but I noticed that it creates an event delayed every 1 minute, is it a normal thing?

Synchronize HS buttons with the devices would be a great accomplishment.

Almost there.
            Thanks,
            Aldo

Comment

I was wondering if I was the only one with these issues. I'm not asking for a 100% system but close to 90% would be great. I would like to rely on HS to give me the right reading on the lights and other sensors but not even close. I'm spending money to buy filters, time to reset switches and I hope I'm not annoying this board with these questions.

I was able fix most of these problems by replacing the PLM and resetting all the devices that I have. Now I get close to 90%. Although I still have few minor issues that I would like to resolve.

I have an Infrared Wireless Access Point with 12 channels setup up. What these channels do? I setup it with the remote control, if I use via the remote, the lights are going on and off with good reading but HS does not read the status on the lights correctly.
              What these channels should do, if I change the icon light nothing changes?

I have two old ICON switches, I try to reset them but using the manual from Smarthome does not work, any other suggestions.

I added a delay on the event for the bathroom fan, but I noticed that it creates an event delayed every 1 minute, is it a normal thing?

Synchronize HS buttons with the devices would be a great accomplishment.

Almost there.
              Thanks,
              Aldo
              Aldo,
              i can't comment on the IR WAP.

here is a screen shot of my fan shutoff event

you need to find the source of the noise if you still have comm stats @ 90%. Did you reset the stats after making all the changes? might be worth it.
              Attached Files
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you Mark for the print screen, it worked.
                I assumed the IR was part of your plugin, these channels were created when I added the device. Smarthome does not tell me much about these extra channels.

Thanks,
                Aldo

Comment

Thank you Mark for the print screen, it worked.
                  I assumed the IR was part of your plugin, these channels were created when I added the device. Smarthome does not tell me much about these extra channels.

Thanks,
                  Aldo
                  are you referring to the following product
                  http://www.smarthome.com/2411R/IRLin...nverter/p.aspx

if so, then yes, the plugin will create 12 devices one for each btn on the remote
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

yes, you are correct. what each of these btn should do? As I mentioned, from HS I can see them and put them on or off but the switches do not change, how do I program them?

Thanks,
                    Aldo

Comment

yes, you are correct. what each of these btn should do? As I mentioned, from HS I can see them and put them on or off but the switches do not change, how do I program them?

Thanks,
                      Aldo
                      i don't have one of these devices, so i'll have to direct you to the user's manual or maybe others can help. i would search the forum for a related thread and/or start a new one.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        Which plm model do you have? i'm guessing a 2413s. and what plugin version are you running?
                        I have 2413s software 1.5.0.3
                        Also, attached is a startup log after I shutdown HS.
                        If I unpluf the plm and reconnect AC it will run for a while. I can't determine what is causing it to quit transmitting.
                        Ant thoughts on this?
                        Thanks,
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sonnyh View Post
                          I have 2413s software 1.5.0.3
                          Also, attached is a startup log after I shutdown HS.
                          If I unpluf the plm and reconnect AC it will run for a while. I can't determine what is causing it to quit transmitting.
                          Ant thoughts on this?
                          Thanks,
                          so scheduled polling is not working.

can you control lights from the hs status page?

what about if you turn a light on manually, does hs see the msg?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sonny,
                            does the led on the plm stop flashing as well?

that is, when you turn a light on/off manually, do you see the led on the plm flash?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              Sonny,
                              does the led on the plm stop flashing as well?

that is, when you turn a light on/off manually, do you see the led on the plm flash?
                              Hi,
                              I have done some testing and observing (I should have done this before).
                              When the PLM "locks up" and stops transmitting/receiving the LED does not flash. Previously I have unplugged the PLM to restart it. This time I sent a command from a remotelinc (2440) and the PLM restarted. I watched the HS Events Window in debug mode and when the PLM locks up you can see the failed polling attempts, but when I sent the remotelinc signal the PLM started flashing again and I can see "received STK" information. I am not really sure what the sending and receiving should typically look like. When the PLM is working normally I have noticed that there is almost always traffic in the network. I have one of the repeaters in a spot where I can see it.

Hope this helps,
                              Thanks,

Comment

would you be willing to installed 1.4.2.x or whatever previous version you had installed prior to 1.5.x and let me know if you still have the same issues with the plm

we need to figure out if this is a sw or hw issue?
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X