Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is...

Number of seconds to wait for triggers to execute

This is on the options page. What "triggers" is it referring to? Why would this be used?

This setting will allow different wait times for BLSpeech triggers to finish. For example i have this set at 3 seconds to allow my events to get speakers that need to come on to actually come on as well as pause music or mute TV or whatever else needs to be setup before the TTS is started.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

OK. How does the timing work, if a script is used prior to HS speaking and the script takes longer than this setting?

If the check box "Wait for the script to finish before continuing" is checked is this "wait for triggers to execute" setting additional time or is it ignored?

And then there is Delay: ____ (milliseconds) This looks like addtional time delay after the script runs?? Is that correct?

Then one could also put delay in the script.

I'm a little confused about all the options here and when and why they are all needed.

Comment

Those question I can't answer since i don't use those features and have not experimented with them. Blade usually gives lots of options in his plug-ins, some of which you have to just play with a bit and see what they do.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Gotcha. It's actually a question for Blade. I'm sure he will chime in.

Comment

I'm sure he will
            Marty
            ------

Comment

The delay in milliseconds causes the processing to be delayed after the prior and after script/event are executed. Hope this makes sense
              The wait for script to finish and wait for events to trigger will not return until the script is done or the event is done. They extra delay is just in case it is needed.
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks for the info Bob.

I'm still missing something here.

If I were to use a pre and post script to handle speaker switching would I need to set the "Number of seconds to wait for triggers to execute". It seems like the Delay (milliseconds) setting associated with the scripts would provide the necessay time for the speakers to switch.

Is the setting "Number of seconds to wait for triggers to execute" only needed if you are using BLSpeech to do the speaker switching otherwise it serves no purpose?

Comment

I use a script for my pre and post speaking in order to switch my AB8SS switches.
                  Here is a screenshot. Hope it helps

You could also check "Wait for script to finish before continuing" for more time. If the script was big I would check it. Mine is a couple of lines so it is not needed
                  Attached Files
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Ok, thanks.

I have to use a pre and post script for a couple of reasons. I use stargate to control my speakers and intercom and I want messages to be played through different speakers or the intercom depending on what the message is. Fortunately, the plugins I'm using so far, BLReminders and Jon00's CheckPop, have provisions for running a pre speaking script to allow for speaker control. All speaking plugins should be designed with such provisions.

The setting in BLSpeech "Number of seconds to wait for triggers to execute" I guess is only useful if no pre script is used unless for some reason a delay is needed ahead of the pre script.

I'll find out today if it all works.

Thanks for your patience

Comment

I finally got things working for all conditions by using a pre-script to turn on the right speakers and intercom depending on the type of announcement.

Some of my announcements are from Stargate which does the speaking and handles all the speaker switching and some of my announcements are initiated by Stargate but HS does the speaking and some announcements are initiated by HS and HS does the speaking.

I decided to continue to use my Stargate to turn off the intercom and speakers. I've been doing this with great success for several years. What I do is rectify the output of my 70volt PA amp that feeds the speakers and intercom. This voltage is then sensed by Stargate and after about 6 seconds of silence it turns off the speakers.

On to the next project.

Comment

Working...
                      X