This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer trouble connecting to Hub

I am using the latest 2.0 version of the plugin on HS2. After a few days the plugin has trouble with the hub. It starts off fine. I can still access the hub with the Smartphone App. I have reset the hub to see if that would fix it but it doesn't.

If I try "Display Interface Links" I get the following message.

Couldn't get exclusive access to the PLM right now. Please try again.

The HS Log will display the following if I try to toggle a device from HS2

11/18/2013 7:19:10 PM Device Control Device: Dining Room Pot Lights (+9) ON
    11/18/2013 7:19:25 PM Insteon Transmit failed to device Dining Room Pot Lights (1A.4C.79) for cmd 00 00 00 1A 4C 79 0A 11 FF after 5 tries.

This is what is in the Insteon Log:
    [Device 9]
    DeviceID=1A.4C.79
    DeviceName=Pot Lights
    DeviceLocation=Dining Room
    DeviceType=0119
    FirmwareVer=40
    DatabaseDelta=2
    LinksDownloaded=1
    PollingInterval=0
    Protocol=2
    EEValues=LEDBrightness=0,DefaultOnLevel=135,DefaultRampRate= 28,OpFlags1=36
    LastContact=9/23/2013 9:14:05 PM
    RecentDatabaseDelta=2
    NumLinks=3
    Link 1=A2 00 1E 9E 08 00 1C 00 1
    Link 2=E2 01 1E 9E 08 00 1C 00 2
    Link 3=A2 FE 1E 9E 08 FF 1F 01 3
    TotalInteractions=16
    FailedInteractions=0
    HopData=69,65,2,2

Comment

Originally posted by VikingBlod View Post
      I am using the latest 2.0 version of the plugin on HS2. After a few days the plugin has trouble with the hub. It starts off fine. I can still access the hub with the Smartphone App. I have reset the hub to see if that would fix it but it doesn't.

If I try "Display Interface Links" I get the following message.

Couldn't get exclusive access to the PLM right now. Please try again.

The HS Log will display the following if I try to toggle a device from HS2

11/18/2013 7:19:10 PM Device Control Device: Dining Room Pot Lights (+9) ON
      11/18/2013 7:19:25 PM Insteon Transmit failed to device Dining Room Pot Lights (1A.4C.79) for cmd 00 00 00 1A 4C 79 0A 11 FF after 5 tries.

This is what is in the Insteon Log:
      [Device 9]
      DeviceID=1A.4C.79
      DeviceName=Pot Lights
      DeviceLocation=Dining Room
      DeviceType=0119
      FirmwareVer=40
      DatabaseDelta=2
      LinksDownloaded=1
      PollingInterval=0
      Protocol=2
      EEValues=LEDBrightness=0,DefaultOnLevel=135,DefaultRampRate= 28,OpFlags1=36
      LastContact=9/23/2013 9:14:05 PM
      RecentDatabaseDelta=2
      NumLinks=3
      Link 1=A2 00 1E 9E 08 00 1C 00 1
      Link 2=E2 01 1E 9E 08 00 1C 00 2
      Link 3=A2 FE 1E 9E 08 FF 1F 01 3
      TotalInteractions=16
      FailedInteractions=0
      HopData=69,65,2,2
      are hs and the hub on the same LAN?

have you tried the insteon.ini settings I added

[Hub]
      ResponseTime=3
      GetXMLBufferInterval=1000

see the consolidated documentation for details for settings
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hub FW version

Hi, can anyone tell me if my hub is running the latest firmware and if not, how to update it. I have lost the bubble on it. Thx in advance...

12/4/2013 3:36:41 AM - Insteon - PLM contacted on XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX with an Insteon address of XX.XX.XX and firmware version 9C

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
          Hi, can anyone tell me if my hub is running the latest firmware and if not, how to update it. I have lost the bubble on it. Thx in advance...

12/4/2013 3:36:41 AM - Insteon - PLM contacted on XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX with an Insteon address of XX.XX.XX and firmware version 9C
          INSTEON Hub Details
          Alert 2.6 YF
          PLM:9C
          Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
            INSTEON Hub Details
            Alert 2.6 YF
            PLM:9C
            Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013
            Guys,
            there are two firmwares at play here. only one is field upgradable. I had to send my original one back to smarthome to get the Hub's internal PLM fw upgraded. I believe the other firmware is just the internal webserver.

if someone could search the smarthome forum and report here, i think we would getting a better answer
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

not sure what I need to do

So my problem is - I was sent a new hub (I had one of the original ones) - I ordered it to match my old one - I installed it and messed with it and it has been working for months. Yesterday I went to the IPAD app to check for updates and it said I needed to run the hub migration routine.

When I look at the routine it just says plug in the new hub but there is no next button - I'm stuck on the migration "before you begin" screen.

It will not let me run the FW update check/routine until I go through the migration process and I see no way to accomplish that.

Has anyone experienced this and figured out how to handle it.

Comment

Got some questions about this hub.

Must it be connected to Insteon's servers or will it communicate with HS directly on my LAN ?

Their data on the product page says that Insteon Thermostats can be controlled with this hub. Will Sandler's HS3 plugin report Tstat data back to HS & will HS be able to change tstat programs or settings?

Thanks

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk
                HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                  Got some questions about this hub.

Must it be connected to Insteon's servers or will it communicate with HS directly on my LAN ?

Their data on the product page says that Insteon Thermostats can be controlled with this hub. Will Sandler's HS3 plugin report Tstat data back to HS & will HS be able to change tstat programs or settings?

Thanks

a LAN connection is all that is required

the plugin will not recognize any device that is not registered in the plugin which would include the Tstat you menioned. The plugin does not support tstats.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

New Insteon Hub as a network enabled PLM

norcosia-
                    i would uninstall the ipad app, reinstall and start over. see if that moves it along

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    Paul

Comment

no joy :-(

I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and no change.

So, I said OK, I'll create a new account on the Smarthome Website and try that.

Created new account and the new account never logs into my hub.

I'm at a loss for what to do - sigh...

I have one account that just says run the migration routine but it will not run
                      and a second account that will not log into the hub. Perfect!

In closing - the 13 seconds I save everyday using home automation costs me 5000 hours a year to keep it all going - good plan huh....

Has anyone else had this problem?????

Comment

I haven't read all 254 posts in this tread.

Can someone help and sum up what benefit using this Insteon Hub has for a HS user who already has HS Pro and a PLM?

THANKS and sorry I didn't take the time to read up.

PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

you can connect to the hub via network. This is a good thing if you have HS on a virtual machine or the HS machine is not near an ideal spot to connect the PLM to you powerline. I have my hub plugged into an outlet right on the side of my breaker box so it is the shortest trip possible out to the various devices on the powerline. The hub is also dual mode (RF and powerline).

Comment

So in summary its a IP based PLM that performs no logical functions (events and such)?

For power line does it utilize its own power cord that powers the device?

Neat but not sure how I would use it in my application if I never had a PLN in the first place.

Comment

Yes it's powercord is it's connection to the powerline network. It does act as a hub with smartphone app, etc. but none of that can be controlled by Hs. For HS, it is an IP based PLM.

Comment

Very Neat. This whole time I thought it was more of something like the ISY controller or HS. Now it all makes sense.

Thanks and excuse the off topic distraction.

Comment

Working...
                                X