Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fixed it. Just so you know, they broke HStouch as well. (that was the only other plugin I had installed)
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Insteon plugin

Work for me too
      Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Software :
      HS2 : No more used
      HS3 3.0.0.13
      HSTouch server, android client 1.0.0.44
      Zwave : Aeon Labs Zstick USB Controler, 2 Siegenia CO2 Sensors, 12 Fibaro Wall Plug, 2 Everspring Flood sensors
      Current Cost plugin
      Insteon plugin : Hub, 15 On/off plugs, 3 Dimmer Plugs
      RFXCOM (not yet working) : 6 Oregon Scientific temperature/humidity sensors
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Scripts : Reading of Weather Display datas (self modified for HS3 from HS2 version)
      Last edited by edd056; July 22, 2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

yep, that did it

thx

Comment

Mark,

Is the Insteon hub 2242-222 as a networked PLM supported (or will it evenutally be supported) in HS3?

I have a PLC, and need to get something (either the PLM or the Hub) to replace it, to move forward with HS3. The hub seems more forward-looking with the ability to fiddle with it via I/P, so if your plugin will support it, I will go that way.

Thanks!

Gayle Snedecor

Comment

the hub is supported now in hs2 and is supported in my beta hs3 plugin

i do not plan on dropping any current functionality in hs3
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

event actions and triggers?

Does the latest version of the plug-in support event actions or triggers? I'm holding off on installing HS3 until Insteon works with it since that's the primary interface I use with Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by xlucent View Post
                Does the latest version of the plug-in support event actions or triggers? I'm holding off on installing HS3 until Insteon works with it since that's the primary interface I use with Homeseer.
                nope not yet. Actions, and triggers are next.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  nope not yet. Actions, and triggers are next.

Thanks Mark! I'll wait.

Bill

Comment

Please help me Mark! I am running 3.0.0.9 and HS3 3.0.0.17. Using Windows 7 64bit and still getting the **FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Insteon - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces. I can't put in a com port # anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Here is my log:

Waiting for user to continue trial...
                    Starting up....

8/13/2013 6:19:14 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): Insteon Instance::Please visit the plugin configuration page, and enter a port (e.g. COM1) then restart iHS.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Weird point. This message is not in the log from the web page:
                    8/13/2013 6:19:21 AM
                    Web Server
                    Web Server authorized local login successful from: 192.168.2.2 User: default
                    8/13/2013 6:19:18 AM
                    Startup
                    Start up complete.
                    Startup
                    HSSentry is disabled in Setup, sentry will not be started.
                    TTS
                    Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer
                    Startup
                    Scripting is OK and is now running Startup.txt
                    Startup
                    Running the Startup.txt Script
                    Startup
                    Starting DDNS service...
                    Startup
                    Updater services starting...
                    Startup
                    Starting Event Scheduler...
                    Startup
                    HSSentry is disabled in Setup, sentry will not be started.
                    Speech
                    Listening for remote speaker connections on port 10401
                    Startup
                    Initializing Speaker Client Interface
                    Startup
                    Start automation engine...
                    8/13/2013 6:19:17 AM
                    Startup
                    Creating ASP.NET application host...
                    Web Server
                    Web Server started on port 82
                    Web Server
                    UPNP Discovery started
                    Web Server
                    Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.2.2 (255.255.255.0)
                    Info
                    Plugin Insteon with instance: has disconnected
                    Plug-In
                    Finished initializing plug-in Insteon

Hope this helps.

Comment

not sure, i'll have to try hs 3.0.0.17 first
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

At this point it seems fair to say that the H3 architecture is fluid enough for you to expect each build to break you plugin. Users of this plugin should probably ask Mark to test prior to updating if they are using H3 for live operations.

CM
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Does anybody have a copy of an older version of HS3 which is working for them with insteon? If so, can you post the HS version please?

Thanks,
                          Steve

Comment

Insteon

3.0.0.18 and Insteon 3.0.0.9 work fine.....

Hardware :
                            Aeon Labs zstick, Insteon Hub, RFXCOM Lan, Current Cost Envi R, Davis Vantage Pro II, Boltek Storm detector
                            Software :
                            HS2 : No more used
                            HS3 Pro 3.0.0.18
                            Weather Display 10.37 build 69
                            NextStorm 1.8
                            Plugins :
                            HSTouch server 3.0.0.7, android client 1.0.0.44
                            Zwave 3.0.0.3 : 2 Siegenia CO2 Sensors, 12 Fibaro Wall Plug, 2 Everspring Flood sensors
                            Current Cost 3.0.0.8
                            Insteon 3.0.0.9 : 15 On/off plugs, 3 Dimmer Plugs, 2 Open/Close detectors, 3 Mvt detectors
                            BLLAN 2.0.5.0
                            RFXCOM (not yet working) : 6 Oregon Scientific temperature/humidity sensors
                            Scripts : Reading of Weather Display datas (self modified for HS3 from HS2 version)

Comment

Mark:

I got it working. I think the problem I had was I didn't put the Insteon.ini file in the config folder. After restarting, it seems to be working.

When do you think the next phase in the plugin will be put out for testing?

Thanks,
                              Steve

Comment

What's the problem?

I *just* installed the HS3 Insteon plugin tonight.

Why is there only a 9-day grace period? I think it not right to purchase software that is not working yet.

I installed 3.0.0.2 HS. Tried installing the 3.0.0.9 plugin and it was not recognized. I updated to 3.0.0.18 of HS and the plugin is now recognized, butlike others I am seeing:

8/22/2013 11:20:37 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): Insteon Instance::Please visit the plugin configuration page, and enter a port (e.g. COM1) then restart iHS.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

I see no place at all in the configuration to modify the COM port (mine happens to be COM4). I also see no place in the Web Interface to modify the COM port.

So, is there any way to extend the grace period until I know the software is working? and any idea why this is not working yet?

Win 7, 32-bit

Comment

Working...
                                X