Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll ask HST about the grace period and report back.

as for as the beta plugin not running; are you new to HS or did you have HS2 running before.

I'm wondering of the issue is related to new installs vs upgrades
    Last edited by mnsandler; August 23, 2013, 11:43 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have HS2 & HS3 on the same system.

HS2 runs fine. I have not purchased the plugin yet as the built-in one for HS2 is fine.
      When I decided I was going to buy it, HS3 was being released and I saw that I would have to buy it twice to use it on HS2 and HS3...so I am waiting for it to be ready for HS3.

All my trials have been:

shut down HS2
      Start up HS3

So they are not running at the same time. I did not upgrade. I installed HS3 to a new directory and am trying to start from scratch...except for the directions in post #1 of this thread...
      extract to the root dir of hs3 and copy the insteon.ini to the config directory.

I guess I could try zeroing out the insteon.ini file? Any ideas?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
        I have HS2 & HS3 on the same system.

HS2 runs fine. I have not purchased the plugin yet as the built-in one for HS2 is fine.
        When I decided I was going to buy it, HS3 was being released and I saw that I would have to buy it twice to use it on HS2 and HS3...so I am waiting for it to be ready for HS3.

All my trials have been:

shut down HS2
        Start up HS3

So they are not running at the same time. I did not upgrade. I installed HS3 to a new directory and am trying to start from scratch...except for the directions in post #1 of this thread...
        extract to the root dir of hs3 and copy the insteon.ini to the config directory.

I guess I could try zeroing out the insteon.ini file? Any ideas?

thanks.
        do not reset the insteon.ini

can you post the [config] section of the insteon.ini in the homseer3\config folder
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I *just* installed the HS3 Insteon plugin tonight.

Why is there only a 9-day grace period? I think it not right to purchase software that is not working yet.

I installed 3.0.0.2 HS. Tried installing the 3.0.0.9 plugin and it was not recognized. I updated to 3.0.0.18 of HS and the plugin is now recognized, butlike others I am seeing:

8/22/2013 11:20:37 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): Insteon Instance::Please visit the plugin configuration page, and enter a port (e.g. COM1) then restart iHS.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

I see no place at all in the configuration to modify the COM port (mine happens to be COM4). I also see no place in the Web Interface to modify the COM port.

So, is there any way to extend the grace period until I know the software is working? and any idea why this is not working yet?

Win 7, 32-bit
          Please add

InterfacePort=Com4

to the [config] section of the insteon.ini and restart HS

I have to fix the grace period with a new build. I'll get something out this weekend.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Holy Cow, what a find last night....CAPITALIZATION!

Ugh.

Per your email, I tried, InterfacePort=Com1 (I did change it back to 1).
            It still did not work.

So, I tried using your 1.9 plugin with HS2. Turns out, in that thread, you say to use InterfacePort=COMx

Not thinking anything of it, I used InterfacePort=Com1, just like for HS3.
            The plugin did not work! I shut it down and changed it to:
            InterfacePort=COM1 (all caps for COM!)

And it worked!
            So, I tried the same thing with HS3....and it worked!

Now, on a separate note, I was able to on/off most items with HS3.
            My KeyPadLinc (v2), evidently does not take commands for the buttons?
            I tried sending on/off to the individual buttons and they do not seem do anything.

Is there anything special about the KeyPadLinc to make it recognize remote on/off per button?

thanks

Comment

Tinymac:

Does HS3 work at the same time as HS2. Because I am getting an interface error on HS3 stating that the port is being used by another user. When I shut down HS2, then restart HS3 it will then work, but not both at the same time.

Please let me know, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
                Tinymac:

Does HS3 work at the same time as HS2. Because I am getting an interface error on HS3 stating that the port is being used by another user. When I shut down HS2, then restart HS3 it will then work, but not both at the same time.

Please let me know, thanks.
                both versions can't access the same COM port at the same time.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Holy Cow, what a find last night....CAPITALIZATION!

Ugh.

Per your email, I tried, InterfacePort=Com1 (I did change it back to 1).
                  It still did not work.

So, I tried using your 1.9 plugin with HS2. Turns out, in that thread, you say to use InterfacePort=COMx

Not thinking anything of it, I used InterfacePort=Com1, just like for HS3.
                  The plugin did not work! I shut it down and changed it to:
                  InterfacePort=COM1 (all caps for COM!)

And it worked!
                  So, I tried the same thing with HS3....and it worked!

Now, on a separate note, I was able to on/off most items with HS3.
                  My KeyPadLinc (v2), evidently does not take commands for the buttons?
                  I tried sending on/off to the individual buttons and they do not seem do anything.

Is there anything special about the KeyPadLinc to make it recognize remote on/off per button?

thanks
                  I'll add code to account for lower case port names.

with the KPL, are you saying that when you press a physical btn on the kpl, the HS status page is not updated correctly?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

That is what I thought.

Thanks Mark.

Comment

No, when I try and make a change from HS2/HS3 it is not updated at the KPL.
                      Also, when making the button change from HS3, it only seems to allow ON and not off.

Right now, for some reason, pressing the buttons on the KPL are not showing in the log (HS2. Not running hs3 right now)

I will play some more with it and see what happens.

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      I'll add code to account for lower case port names.

with the KPL, are you saying that when you press a physical btn on the kpl, the HS status page is not updated correctly?

Comment

No, when I try and make a change from HS2/HS3 it is not updated at the KPL.
                        Also, when making the button change from HS3, it only seems to allow ON and not off.

Right now, for some reason, pressing the buttons on the KPL are not showing in the log (HS2. Not running hs3 right now)

I will play some more with it and see what happens.
                        Please only post HS3 issues here. I can't track both versions in the same thread.

Please post to an HS2 (beta or new) thread with the hs2 issue.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yeah, sorry...I know better.

Ok, well, I have been playing for a while with HS3 and your plugin. Here is what I can report right now...

1. Things work for the most part.
                          2. In regard to the KPL, The big thing I was missing was the homeseer programming into the unit. Ran it (from your plugin config screen) and now it sort of works.
                          -> If the buttons are off, I can turn the button On
                          -> If the buttons are on, I *cannot* turn the button off
                          ---> It does report in the log that it is turning the button of, but does not do it.

3. I suspect, as you said in the first post, the groups are not working yet.

Please only post HS3 issues here. I can't track both versions in the same thread.

Please post to an HS2 (beta or new) thread with the hs2 issue.

Comment

Yeah, sorry...I know better.

Ok, well, I have been playing for a while with HS3 and your plugin. Here is what I can report right now...

1. Things work for the most part.
                            2. In regard to the KPL, The big thing I was missing was the homeseer programming into the unit. Ran it (from your plugin config screen) and now it sort of works.
                            -> If the buttons are off, I can turn the button On
                            -> If the buttons are on, I *cannot* turn the button off
                            ---> It does report in the log that it is turning the button of, but does not do it.

3. I suspect, as you said in the first post, the groups are not working yet.
                            regarding #2, i believe i fixed this. have you tried the latest beta posted
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just updated to 3.0.0.10 and tried that again... no dice.

I can still:
                              Turn on the button from HS3 (the light comes at at the KPL, and shows in the log)
                              Turn off the button from HS3 (light does *not* go off at KPL, but shows it logging as such in the log file.

regarding #2, i believe i fixed this. have you tried the latest beta posted

Comment

Should insteon devices be working in events?

Not sure where I should post this, figure I will start here.

I have created an event:

This event *did not* go off at 8:30

Not sure if it is the plugin fault, my fault or HS3's fault.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X