This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade 1.9.1.3

I am currently using Insteon PLM Plug-In version 1.9.1.3 That I had upgraded back in July for $60. Prior to that I was using a free version which stopped working after a major overhaul of the PC that used it.

With the 1.9.1.3 version, the software periodically loses connectivity with the Insteon controller. This happens every 2-3 weeks. Not sure what triggers it. I just notice that my lights are no longer being controlled by Homeseer. Sometimes this can be fixed by just restarting Homeseer other times it requires re-booting the PC (I think).

So the question is if this is a known problem and if so does version 2.0.0.0 fix it? Secondly what is the upgrade cost from 1.9.1.3 to 2.0.0.0?

B2

Comment

Originally posted by bburns View Post
      I am currently using Insteon PLM Plug-In version 1.9.1.3 That I had upgraded back in July for $60. Prior to that I was using a free version which stopped working after a major overhaul of the PC that used it.

With the 1.9.1.3 version, the software periodically loses connectivity with the Insteon controller. This happens every 2-3 weeks. Not sure what triggers it. I just notice that my lights are no longer being controlled by Homeseer. Sometimes this can be fixed by just restarting Homeseer other times it requires re-booting the PC (I think).

So the question is if this is a known problem and if so does version 2.0.0.0 fix it? Secondly what is the upgrade cost from 1.9.1.3 to 2.0.0.0?

B2
      not charge for the upgrade to 2.0 since you already own a license. Search on 'usb disconnect' to research your problem. its a known issue with the usb plm which i believe you have.

I have made improvements of the handling of this issue but its not 100%.

as a second option, you can try the FTDI driver that I added to v2.0

you need to add the following line to the [config] section of your insteon.ini to enable this:
      PortType=USB

as a last resort, most users end up having an event that runs a script to reboot hs or the entire box based on a trigger from the plugin.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        not charge for the upgrade to 2.0 since you already own a license.
        When i attempt to upgrade to 2.0.0.0 via the Homeseer Updater it takes me to a wesite that wants me to buy it. Is there another method for getting the 2.0 version?

Nevermind...I see how to do it now

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          as a last resort, most users end up having an event that runs a script to reboot hs or the entire box based on a trigger from the plugin.

Can you point me to a post that describes how to restart HS on PLM failure?

B2

Comment

This thread has the restart utility that I use.
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...0RestartHS.exe

If a restart doesn't do it, then I reboot the whole PC.
            Look for JON00shutdownhs in the same thread.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
              As always thanks for responding.
              This is interesting as the hub shouldn't be busy!
              However you will recall I thought I had found the problem and removed an X10 booster. Things did improve but it didn't completely fix the problem.
              There was another X10 booster in the system. I postulate that maybe this is flooding the hub and have now also removed that before I add anything else to the config.
              Again I am out of town for a few days so on my return will see if there has been a problem whilst I am away.
              Just to keep the 'story' up to date. On my return I had suffered a 'failure' and a number of X10 modules were not responding. I have had to replace the booster.

Comment

I've had another fail so have reset PLMClearDelay to 350.

Comment

I've had another fail so have reset PLMClearDelay to 350.
                  you can you tell me the plm interface (2413s, 2413U, hub, etc) you are using?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sure - its a hub, the revised one that is dual band.

Comment

Sure - its a hub, the revised one that is dual band.
                      add this to the Insteon.ini file
                      [Hub]
                      ResponseTime=3
                      GetXMLBufferInterval=2000
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

That's already in,
                        I have at the end of the INSTEON.ini file;
                        [Hub]
                        ResponseTime=3
                        GetXMLBufferInterval=2000
                        [Tuning]
                        PLMClearDelay=350
                        SettleTime=150

Comment

Howdy guys - Just upgraded to 2.0.0.2 on a 2413U PLM. Things seem to be generally working well, I'm able to manually trigger lighting changes from the Homeseer web UI in my house.

However, I'm trying tonight to add a LampLinc and I'm encountering errors. Adding it manually via address results in a "The device properties could not be read. Communication failure. The device was not added." error. I tried doing tap-add, and the WebUI sees it, but fails getting the data from the device.

Here's the info from the HS2 Console:

12/9/2013 8:53:00 PM - Insteon - Did not receive a response from House Xmas Tree Lights (14.47.58). Try #5 failed.
                          12/9/2013 8:53:00 PM - Insteon - The device properties could not be read. Communication failure. The device was not added.

Suggestions? I had previously been running 1.9.<something>

Comment

With all INSTEON devices I find if I add them near the hub they are more likely to be correctly registered than if they are elsewhere in the house.
                            I therefore add them next to the hub and then locate them to their destination.

Comment

Originally posted by mariusstrom View Post
                              Howdy guys - Just upgraded to 2.0.0.2 on a 2413U PLM. Things seem to be generally working well, I'm able to manually trigger lighting changes from the Homeseer web UI in my house.

However, I'm trying tonight to add a LampLinc and I'm encountering errors. Adding it manually via address results in a "The device properties could not be read. Communication failure. The device was not added." error. I tried doing tap-add, and the WebUI sees it, but fails getting the data from the device.

Here's the info from the HS2 Console:

12/9/2013 8:53:00 PM - Insteon - Did not receive a response from House Xmas Tree Lights (14.47.58). Try #5 failed.
                              12/9/2013 8:53:00 PM - Insteon - The device properties could not be read. Communication failure. The device was not added.

Suggestions? I had previously been running 1.9.<something>
                              try to manually link the device to the plm first, then try to register in the plugin
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Insteon Errors

Mark:

I migrated my system from the 2413S PLM to the new hub about a week ago. Everything has been normal until this morning and I see in my HS2 log several of the the following messages:

12/11/2013 8:01:52 AM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

12/11/2013 8:01:52 AM Insteon Error, an error log file could not be written: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.IO.TextWriter.WriteLine(String value) at Insteon.Support.Utilities.LogManager.ReportError(String Msg)

The Error Report and portions of the HS log are attached.

Insteon Error Report 2013-12-11-08-37.zip

HS2 Log.txt

Comment

Working...
                                X