This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relationship info

I saw that you added this but can't for the life of me find how to enable it...

I believe I also have found a bug in your access routines.
    While doing some network sniffing to figure out something else I noticed that each time you poll the insteon hub, it is doing so without the authentication info...Only after receiving the access denied error does the plugin resend the request with the auth info...While the time saved by the actual request and response is likely minimal, once you add in the various delays, multiply it by a dozen hits and now your talking about a significant amount of time...

Another thing that I"m not sure if I mentioned previously, when deleting a device through the plugin, the last access timestamp was left behind in the .ini file under the devices heading, so if you added another device, you end up with a bit of a mess...Likewise if you were removing and readding to resolve a problem, it can manage to survive through the deletion...

Comment

the relationship info is avail from the hs dev mgmt page, you must click the group button on the top right.

i'll check the code regarding the access issue. thanks

i'll check the ini issue as well. my code is supposed to delete the entire [device] section but this relies on a HS call which may be the issue.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        the relationship info is avail from the hs dev mgmt page, you must click the group button on the top right.

i'll check the code regarding the access issue. thanks

i'll check the ini issue as well. my code is supposed to delete the entire [device] section but this relies on a HS call which may be the issue.
        I had failed to realize I wasn't running the right version...must have dreamed it or had a brain fart..any luck with finding where the xml request without auth info is coming from?

I did notice you missed one bug regarding the fanlinc devices, when you adjust the fan, the status for the light gets changed...doesn't actually turn it on, just says the light is at 33% for low or 66 for medium...etc.

Comment

Is there a problem with being able to activate the Insteon Micro Modules through a script? I can turn on and off device manually but it will not work when performing this functions in the event. Please let me know if anyone is having the same problem

Regards
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by RawLiquid View Post
            I saw that you added this but can't for the life of me find how to enable it...

I believe I also have found a bug in your access routines.
            While doing some network sniffing to figure out something else I noticed that each time you poll the insteon hub, it is doing so without the authentication info...Only after receiving the access denied error does the plugin resend the request with the auth info...While the time saved by the actual request and response is likely minimal, once you add in the various delays, multiply it by a dozen hits and now your talking about a significant amount of time...

Another thing that I"m not sure if I mentioned previously, when deleting a device through the plugin, the last access timestamp was left behind in the .ini file under the devices heading, so if you added another device, you end up with a bit of a mess...Likewise if you were removing and readding to resolve a problem, it can manage to survive through the deletion...
            i'm looking into these issues:

on the hub polling issue related to authenication; i understand what you are saying but i don't know how this could be possible. in the code, i check for a non-zero length username and pswd, and if found then use them in the http request.

the username and pswd would have to go from a zero length string to non-zero length string in order for this to occur. I could only see this happening once during startup if the username & pswd weren't initialized and the hub was polled immediately. but this would be one time thing.

i'll check the timestamp issue, this might have been fixed with the latest hs3 .81 beta.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
              Is there a problem with being able to activate the Insteon Micro Modules through a script? I can turn on and off device manually but it will not work when performing this functions in the event. Please let me know if anyone is having the same problem

Regards
              Mark
              can you post a screen shot of what you you are trying to do?

its it a vb.net script you are using or an hs event action?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

can you post a screen shot of what you you are trying to do?

its it a vb.net script you are using or an hs event action?
                Hi Mark,
                Nothing special just turning the lights on and off. I do not seem to be able to control it via scrip but works fire when done manually. The screen capture shows the event and the device in question

Thanks
                Mark
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,
                  Nothing special just turning the lights on and off. I do not seem to be able to control it via scrip but works fire when done manually. The screen capture shows the event and the device in question

Thanks
                  Mark
                  have you tried just having the insteon device action in the event action list? ie remove the zwave action and retest
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

have you tried just having the insteon device action in the event action list? ie remove the zwave action and retest

Hi Mark, No Z-Wave devices in my environment, I think you are referring to the other line item which is xAP device. I did try it by itself with the same result. The device responds to manual On/Off requests also will send status update if activated by pressing the ON/Off on the device. This is why I am puzzled.

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, No Z-Wave devices in my environment, I think you are referring to the other line item which is xAP device. I did try it by itself with the same result. The device responds to manual On/Off requests also will send status update if activated by pressing the ON/Off on the device. This is why I am puzzled.

Mark
                      Mark,
                      I'm having a problem with my micro on/off. its responding like a micro open/close which is a different device and different code in the plugin so i am having a difficult time testing your problem. This may take me a few days if i have to get another unit from SH.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                        I'm having a problem with my micro on/off. its responding like a micro open/close which is a different device and different code in the plugin so i am having a difficult time testing your problem. This may take me a few days if i have to get another unit from SH.
                        Mark, no rush, this is not life or death situation. I am still cleaning up after my HS3 upgrade so there are still plenty of things to fix. Thanks for looking into it.

Regards
                        Mark

Comment

I think this issue is related to SH3 and its ini routines. can you try hs3 .81 and see if it is any better. seems to work for me.

I deleted the last device in the ini and there was nothing left of the section afterwards. I use the clear ini section call so it should delete the entire section regardless of the individual keys.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think this issue is related to SH3 and its ini routines. can you try hs3 .81 and see if it is any better. seems to work for me.

I deleted the last device in the ini and there was nothing left of the section afterwards. I use the clear ini section call so it should delete the entire section regardless of the individual keys.
                            Let me do some testing and I will report back.

Thanks
                            Mark

Comment

I did notice you missed one bug regarding the fanlinc devices, when you adjust the fan, the status for the light gets changed...doesn't actually turn it on, just says the light is at 33% for low or 66 for medium...etc.
                              did you delete, reset and reregister the fanlinc with the latest plugin to resolve this problem.

of you are still having an issue, please post some logs and screen shots. thanks
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Let me do some testing and I will report back.

Thanks
                                Mark
                                Hi Mark, quick update, it all seems to work now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X