Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Insteon Hub 2 is not fully supported! Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try a factory reset of the hub then see if you can access it from HS. It won't help you with Echo, but at least you'll be able to determine the hub is OK with HS.

If it's not credentials, then the only other thing I can think of is that the Hub 2 can only accept one IP connection. You could determine that by monitoring the IP conversation from/to the Echo.

BTW, how does it sound audio wise?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply...I got caught up doing other things and am now back trying to tackle this issue. The echo is awesome....I would prefer my HS plugin to work again though as all my events are in Homeseer. I really do need to get this fixed. I will try to factory reset it though. IF I do that I am going to have to readd all the devices which will suck but if it makes stuff work then awesome. I will keep you updated.

Comment

Well the factory reset must have been the answer because all is well now! Thanks!

Comment

Just got my Insteon Hub 2 (2245-222) I plan to try it with my test environment. Will leave PROD on the PLM as I know that works.

Any suggestions / pointers on the easiest path to swap out an existing PLM with only a handful of Insteon devices over to the Hub 2 ?

Using Mark's current release 3.0.5.20 but if necessary can update (again, test system) to the latest beta 3.0.5.44 if that helps with the Hub 2 support ?

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
          Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
          http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
            Just got my Insteon Hub 2 (2245-222) I plan to try it with my test environment. Will leave PROD on the PLM as I know that works.

Any suggestions / pointers on the easiest path to swap out an existing PLM with only a handful of Insteon devices over to the Hub 2 ?

Using Mark's current release 3.0.5.20 but if necessary can update (again, test system) to the latest beta 3.0.5.44 if that helps with the Hub 2 support ?

Nathan
            I'm not really helpful here, but... I too have been looking into experiences with the Hub 2. Some have reported 'no issues', but then that depends on the specter of functions one uses against this V2. If you look back into this thread, you'll find Mark's comments on his level of support for V2 (=none officially).

Comment

Nathan
              Nathan
              you can use the swap interface routine on the plugin config page. it will update existing devices with the new hub ID.

you might consider upgrading the plugin. i added a 'reprogram device' function that might help if you are having problems with a specific device (just reset it and use the new function to reprogram the existing links)

you can always manually delete the old links and 'program the device for homeseer' to create the new links.

wireless devices need to be put into linking mode to get updated. the plugin will stop and ask for this
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Nathan
                Nathan,

Eagerly awaiting your testing of the Hub 2. I use your Insteon T-Stat Plugin and didn't want to loose that functionality if the Hub 2 isn't compatible.

Comment

Mark, Question?

I plan on using the new hub in HS3, can I also access it remotely while attached to HS3?

Thanks
                  -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                    Mark, Question?

I plan on using the new hub in HS3, can I also access it remotely while attached to HS3?

Thanks
                    yes you may access it remotely. however any devices you register, or links created outside of homeseer will not be supported. you can add the following to your insteon.ini so any device registered with hs and controlled via the hub directly will get a status update in hs.

do not duplicate the [config] line in your ini file. just add the second line to the end of the section

[config]
                    ProcessACKs=True
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark, another dumb question and I think the answer is of course not, but I have to ask.

Can I still run HS2 accessing the a PLM and have HS3 running this hub, only having HS3 running when HS2 is not?
                      -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                        Thanks Mark, another dumb question and I think the answer is of course not, but I have to ask.

Can I still run HS2 accessing the a PLM and have HS3 running this hub, only having HS3 running when HS2 is not?
                        set setup will work. However if you are trying to control the same set of insteon devices, I'm not sure hs2 and hs3 will keep in sync with status.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          Nathan
                          you can use the swap interface routine on the plugin config page. it will update existing devices with the new hub ID.

you might consider upgrading the plugin. i added a 'reprogram device' function that might help if you are having problems with a specific device (just reset it and use the new function to reprogram the existing links)

you can always manually delete the old links and 'program the device for homeseer' to create the new links.

wireless devices need to be put into linking mode to get updated. the plugin will stop and ask for this

I followed the steps to upgrade my test setup to Insteon plugin 3.0.5.47. Confirmed afterwards all was working via existing PLM interface (2 devices and 5 external thermostats via my plugin)

I then had fun fumbling around figuring out how to switch over to the Hub2. The issue for me was not really understanding what username/password to use. I tried the one on the bottom of the Hub2. No dice. I tried my Insteon account username/password which was created when installing the Insteon app on my iphone. Again no dice. Finally I used the Insteon app on my iphone, settings section, to assign a username/password for the Hub2. After that I could access it locally via web browser at http://IP:PORT using that username/password.

After getting that working I then set to swapping the Insteon interface in via your plugin. I set the IP:PORT (instead of previous COM6) and added the username and password, saved then stop/re-start HS3. At that point it appears your plugin is talking to my Hub2. I then used the swap interface feature and it did appear to reprogram my two devices (switchlink and lamp module)

Next I tried to use the HS3 devices page CAPI to control the switch which is linked to the lamp module but got HS3 errors. I will attach a screen capture of the HS3 log and attached the debug logfile. I didn't see anything in the debug file as it appears the problem is in HS3 calling your plugin for some reason?

A last test, I locally used the switchlink and it did turn the lamp module on/off and the log you can see the status was correctly reflected back in HS3 so at least that is working.

I haven't tried my Insteon Thermostat plugin yet but will soon.

Nathan
                          Attached Files
                          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

please check the version of the insteon.dll. it should end in .47
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Lookes like it's 1.0.5.45 in the HSPI_Insteon_3.0.5.47.zip
                              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Lookes like it's 1.0.5.45 in the HSPI_Insteon_3.0.5.47.zip
                                i fixed the .47 zip file. please redownload
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X