Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.88 Beta (Win & Linux)..In Beta section of Updater

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.88 Beta (Win & Linux)..In Beta section of Updater

This version is Linux and Windows compatible.

Homeseer 3.0.0.152 is required for this version for the best experience with the plugin during programming.

Please post issues with this Beta here:

New Features
    - Added a "Reprogram Device" feature. This will reprogram a device with the existing links after manually resetting the device. Op flags and Settings are reprogrammed as well.
    - Added device support for new Range Extender, Morninglinc, and Remotelinc
    - Added error blink op flag for KPLs
    - A few basic UI improvements
    - Added settings and op flags to Reprogram Device feature above (3.0.5.26)
    - Added Reset btn to low battery level device for Hidden door sensors (3.0.5.26)
    - Change On level and ramp rate settings for any link in a device from the Edit Links page: make the changes using the new drop downs and press Update Selected Links
    - Allows you to change the status text of a device without it being overwritten by the plugin (3.0.5.35). See the following thread/post for more details:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=10
    - Allows you to change the status text of devices that have On/Off buttons. This will change the button text too if its a status & control entry (3.0.5.36)
    - Allows you to change the optional controller device in a Group (3.0.5.43)
    - Added Copy Selected Group function (3.0.5.55)
    - Added 022B in-linelinc on/off device; (3.0.5.56)
    - Added Heartbeat device and tracking for Motion Sensors fw 44+; please delete and re-register the MS (3.0.5.61)
    - Added Backup Configuration event action that will copy the current insteon.ini to an insteonX.ini where X is 1..5 (3.0.5.74)
    - Added a Configuration Changed trigger that will fire whenever a change is made to a device via the plugin (3.0.5.75)
    - Revised the Window/Door sensor (1009) to use an Open/Close status, and the default HS icons (3.0.5.74)
    - Revised the Hidden Door Sensor (1011, 10CF) battery voltage level reading to occur after a heartbeat (3.0.5.80)
    - Added Alert Module support (3.0.5.82)
    - Added Poll Device Event Action (3.0.5.84)

Fixes
    - Fixed issue with smoke bridge (3.0.5.35)
    - Fixed link edit issue for responder links associated with KPL buttons (3.0.5.37)
    - Fixed RemoteLinc2 8 button devices and option to switch from 8 to 4 btn setup; polling issue with Outletlincs (3.0.5.43)
    - Fixed heartbeat for Leak Sensors fw<0x89 (3.0.5.44)
    - Fixed Motion Sensor and iMeter polling (3.0.5.47)
    - Fixed Hub 2 support when linking new devices; leak sensor fix (3.0.5.51)
    - Fixed kpl sync saving, remotelinc2 001C, updated i1 settings msg (3.0.5.54)
    - Fixed load sense programming for Outletlinc dimmer (3.0.5.56)
    - Fixed i1 device registration error (3.0.5.57)
    - Fixed KPL status update (3.0.5.60)
    - Fixed i1 KPL registration issue (3.0.5.65)
    - Fixed 2-Wire switch programming (3.0.5.66)
    - Fixed On Level issue with new devices (3.0.5.67)
    - Potential Fix for Inlinelinc (fw 44) registration (3.0.5.68)
    - Fixed Test Detected to Normal status issue with Smoke Bridge (3.0.5.75)
    - Fixed SyncLinkedDevices disappearing ini settings after deleting another device (3.0.5.76)
    - Fixed Hidden Door Sensor battery voltage level (3.0.5.78, 3.0.5.81)
    - Fixed a comm issue with the Insteon Hub 2 (3.0.5.79)
    - Fixed the Reset & Reprogram routine for the the Hub 2 (3.0.5.80)
    - Fixed heartbeat status update issue for open/close sensor with fw 43 (3.0.5.83)
    - Fixed status change on low battery message from hidden door sensor fw 44 (3.0.5.86)
    - Fixed polling issue with IOLincs (3.0.5.88)

Important: Make a backup of your insteon.ini before you do this in case something goes wrong. You can revert the ini and restart HS and try again

You may need to add RecreateDevices=1 to the [config] section of the insteon.ini to update the hs device definitions. This is a one time fix.

You can now update via the Updater, but i would recommend first shutting down and backing up your current hs database and config\insteon.ini

To install the older versions below:

1. Shutdown HS
    2. Backup your current hs database and config\insteon.ini
    3. Copy all the DLLs to the homeseer root folder (not the config folder)
    4. Copy image files to a new folder: html\images\insteon
    5. restart HS

Linux Info:

Use the following for the Port name:

/dev/ttyS0 is COM1
    /dev/ttyS1 is COM2

/dev/ttyUSB0 is USB

Do not attempt to set Port=USB in the insteon.ini. This is not supported on linux.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; September 26, 2016, 07:42 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

any feedback or comments on this version?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Just installed 3.0.5.24

As another poster noted, I too find myself hard resetting my KPL more than any other device, so this new 'Reprogram device' functionality is much appreciated, thanks Mark. Before I test this new function: what happens if the function is used without the device having been previously reset? No duplicate links?

In terms of UI improvements - I believe you mentioned in the past that the 'Signal-to-Noise Ratio: -' button on the Manage Device page was not functional, at least pressing it refreshes nothing. If so, I would suggest removing it. Currently, pressing it seems to stall things for a short time before being able to navigate elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        Just installed 3.0.5.24

As another poster noted, I too find myself hard resetting my KPL more than any other device, so this new 'Reprogram device' functionality is much appreciated, thanks Mark. Before I test this new function: what happens if the function is used without the device having been previously reset? No duplicate links?

In terms of UI improvements - I believe you mentioned in the past that the 'Signal-to-Noise Ratio: -' button on the Manage Device page was not functional, at least pressing it refreshes nothing. If so, I would suggest removing it. Currently, pressing it seems to stall things for a short time before being able to navigate elsewhere.
        Duplicates will occur if the device wasn't reset prior to using the Reprogram feature. i can see about avoiding that, but i thought the idea was to reprogram what you see on the screen to a clean device.

I'll check the signal-to-noise ratio button response issue. Its usually pretty quick, its just not supported on all devices (which may be why the slow response) i don't have a reference list of which devices support this feature or not.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          Duplicates will occur if the device wasn't reset prior to using the Reprogram feature. i can see about avoiding that, but i thought the idea was to reprogram what you see on the screen to a clean device ...
          You're right that normally people will reset first, so no duplicates. I was thinking of testing the new build without doing a reset first.

It might still be a good move if you checked for duplicates before writing a new link: it will avoid messy situations where people thought they did a reset but for some reason did not really complete the reset.

Comment

You're right that normally people will reset first, so no duplicates. I was thinking of testing the new build without doing a reset first.

It might still be a good move if you checked for duplicates before writing a new link: it will avoid messy situations where people thought they did a reset but for some reason did not really complete the reset.
            I should be able to do this without much effort
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I posted 3.0.5.26 above with a few more features.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just updated to .26 from .24 which was stable for the last few days. So far so good with .26 as well. Thanks for the hard work!

Comment

I've had 3.0.5.26 running just fine for the last few days.

I have yet to try out the 'Reprogram device' new function. Will this version handle duplicate links when the device has not previously been physically reset?

Comment

I've had 3.0.5.26 running just fine for the last few days.

I have yet to try out the 'Reprogram device' new function. Will this version handle duplicate links when the device has not previously been physically reset?
                    yes, it will handle duplicate links in that it won't duplicate them.

Give it a try on a simple device...reset the device and then try the 'reprogram device'
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Anyone having anything to report on this latest beta?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Anyone having anything to report on this latest beta?
                        Running very stably for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                          Running very stably for me.
                          thanks for the feedback. did you try any of the new features?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

What about forgetting about all of that checking logic, and just always remotely reset the device prior to the reprogram operation? If it had already been reset, then nothing is lost; and if it hadn't been then it should be now. No risk of duplicates. A warning dialog to the user indicating what is about to happen would be prudent though.

Comment

thanks for the feedback. did you try any of the new features?
                              I tried the "Change On level and ramp rate settings..." and that seemed to work. I didn't try reprogramming a device.

I did swap out a device (not sure why my micro switchlincs keep failing) but worked like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                              X