replacement variables in speech processing tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement variables in speech processing tags

I'm just curious, can you use replacement variables in the speech processing tags?*

For instance, if I want to have a virtual device that has the "announcement" volume, I could do this:

{speaker=Whole House,volume=$DVR:1234,sound=chime1}The clothes in the washer are done.

This way, I can adjust the volume for different times during the day, but not have to have multiple events for each announcement.

* I know I could test this, but I can't test this right now as the kids are asleep and I dare not press my luck with the wife

Ok, so this does work... I risked the wrath of my wife and limited my test to the foyer (even though its' right outside one of the boy's bedroom).

I had the format wrong though, it should be $$DVR:1234:

{speaker=Foyer,volume=$$DVR:2063:}The Clothes in the drier, are finished.

My only thing now is how to handle turning off certain "speakers" so they don't do announcements at all. For instance, my wife puts our daughter to sleep at 8pm... we stay up later. So having announcements in the foyer woudl be nice, but not in the master bedroom. My guess is I could do a similar thing as above and create a bunch of zones with all the possible combinations, then adjust a virtual device to hold the name of the zone, but that could get messy. You also can't send in more than 1 "speaker".

Another option would be the suggestions here for setting the "occupancy" of rooms/speakers: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181045

Comment

Where is the Voice management page?

I saw the "voice" special processing tag, but unlike in the about video, I am missing the voice page.... Actually, I know it's there /blspeech?page=blspeechvoices, but I assume it's hidden for a reason and the dropdown for the installed voices is empty (which I assume is the reason).

Did something change and it had to be removed? It's not a huge deal, but the docs should be updated or will it work if I put the full name of the voice in that tag?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        I saw the "voice" special processing tag, but unlike in the about video, I am missing the voice page.... Actually, I know it's there /blspeech?page=blspeechvoices, but I assume it's hidden for a reason and the dropdown for the installed voices is empty (which I assume is the reason).

Did something change and it had to be removed? It's not a huge deal, but the docs should be updated or will it work if I put the full name of the voice in that tag?
        This was supposed to be its own post

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes the voices page was hidden when I added Linux support because it would not work in Linux because of the windows library used for it

I will check into making it available if you are running on windows
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            Yes the voices page was hidden when I added Linux support because it would not work in Linux because of the windows library used for it

I will check into making it available if you are running on windows
            Not a huge rush. I am currently using the SAPI tags for this. I'd be more interested in the link above and setting occupancy for certain zones in BLRussound, however, i'm sure that's a lot bigger endeavor (Wayne already put in a feature request at the end of that thread, so I won't duplicate it).

Comment

Try 2.0.60 for the voices
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

That is great! now I can stop using the sapi tags (looks cleaner to me without them)

Comment

I have a question, and I think it's a homeseer issue, but I want to check first. When using replacement variables, I have this for a test announcement:

{speaker=Foyer,volume=$$DVR:2063:,voice=$$DSR:2064:}This is a test. My name is $$DSR:2064:.

The issue is that it says "This is a test. My name is Zero". If I change the replacement variable for voice to "Amy" instead of "$$DSR:2064:", it correctly says "This is a test. My name is Amy."

It seems like it's only replacing the first variables, but not the second and instead returning "0" (zero). If this is a bigger HS issue, I will post outside of this to see if there is away around it. It's not a huge issue, but i wanted to set up an event when I change device 2064 (which holds a list of my voices) to say "Hi, my name is (name). I will be doing the announcements for you." (or something similar)

Edit: if I asssign a code to the device, I can do this "{speaker=Foyer,volume=$$DVR:2063:,voice=$$DSR:2064:}Thi s is a test. My name is $$DSC:A1:." and it works (Where A1 is the code for device ref 2064). So at least there is a work around, but it seems odd to only replace the first occurrence of a variable like that (it should replace them all)

Comment

Working...
                  X