Installation / Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation / Setup

I recently purchased a home with a NX-8E panel which is currently connected to a Control4 system. I am thinking about moving some things from Control4 to HS and would like to understand what I need to get the caddx plugin working.

Can I just plug the serial cable into the HS box, configure the plugin to the right com port and set baud rate to 9600?

Where do I get the pin from...is this the one used on the control panels?

Any other configuration to think of?

Thanks!

Moving CADDX to HS3

Short answers:
    Yes, you can use the serial cable. Just need either a serial port or USB/Serial adapter.
    Yes, the pin is the main one you use to arm/disarm your system, but it must be the primary, not a secondary as I recall.

I'm using the CADDX plugin from Rein Du Pre (but an old version 3.1.0.0). I used to have it connected to another HA system as well.

My CADDX had a serial HA interface board, and I plugged it into a serial/USB adapter using the same cable I used for connecting it to an old StarGate, watched which port # was created in Windows Device manager when it plugged in, then configured the plug-in for that port.

The bigger challenge was the plug in required specific settings in the CADDX panel so that the pin number would register as valid. Once that was good, you should be able to detect zone faults, set/disarm the system, turn the chime on/off, and supposedly get messages to appear on LCD keypads. I was never able to get that past part working.

Just last weekend I once again tried to update my CADDX to 3.4.1.0, but while I can control the chime (which I used to verify it's communicating), nothing else worked. BUT, you are likely to have better luck if you are starting from scratch. I think there were some changes that may require me to remake all my devices, and I have too much programming involved to do that right now.
    Last edited by dzee; April 15, 2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X