Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Known Place URL & Street Address Backwards

Hi Sooty,

In my known place device list the child device Address URL is showing as a URL but is not tagged as a URL.

The child device Street is showing the address but it is listed as a URL and the link is for the child device for Address URL.

I am assuming this is not correct as the Address URL and the Street are only the same when I am at the location. In the below case, I was 4 miles away.

Thanks,

Michael

Attached Files
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Hi Michael,

Not sure I fully understand your question.

The "Address URL" device formatting is by design. Someone wanted to be able to get the plain url string for use somewhere else in their system using hs.DeviceString(Ref) without the html tags.

Are you saying that actual link for the Street Address is not the same as what's shown in the Address URL string?

Paul..

Comment

Hi Paul,

Understand the Address URL. Did not know that was requested. So that part of my issue is a non issue.

The second part is the URL for device Street Address. When you hover over the link or click on the link, it takes you to the map, but in my case, it takes me to the map of the known place and not the location currently listed in the Street Address device. I will get a new example showing the hover.

Michael
      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I have 4 devices tracked with PHLocation. I have checked them several times since this post yesterday and in every case the "address url" was identical to the url used in the street address link. We send the entire string from the "Street Address" child in a pushover message and it always reflects the correct position on Google Maps.

Which one of the two devices are you seeing as incorrect?
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X