www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches Forum for HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

Old July 14th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Viewer

SmartThings hub not detecting WD100+

Good Day:

I just installed my WD100+ and companion remote switch for a 3 way controlled wall outlet (which has a light plugged in). They work fine controlling the outlet, but for some reason I cannot get my SmartThings hub to detect the new switch.

I am selecting "+ Add a Thing" in the SmartThings Android app, but when I "tap the paddle" according the instructions with the switch, nothing is detected. I have successfully added my Harmony Hub and Lifx bulbs to the SmartThings hub, so I am pretty sure it works OK. I also paired a miniremote with the SmartThings hub so I am pretty sure zwave is working properly in the SmartThings hub. I actually got the miniremote in the hopes it would help with pairing items since it has the ability to remotely add devices with a button. However, it did not find anything to connect to, when "taping the WD100+ paddle" either.

I was hoping someone else may have some ideas on what the problem may be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Good Day:

I just installed my WD100+ and companion remote switch for a 3 way controlled wall outlet (which has a light plugged in). They work fine controlling the outlet, but for some reason I cannot get my SmartThings hub to detect the new switch.

I am selecting "+ Add a Thing" in the SmartThings Android app, but when I "tap the paddle" according the instructions with the switch, nothing is detected. I have successfully added my Harmony Hub and Lifx bulbs to the SmartThings hub, so I am pretty sure it works OK. I also paired a miniremote with the SmartThings hub so I am pretty sure zwave is working properly in the SmartThings hub. I actually got the miniremote in the hopes it would help with pairing items since it has the ability to remotely add devices with a button. However, it did not find anything to connect to, when "taping the WD100+ paddle" either.

The problem is your using Smart Things.

Unfortunately there may not be alot of help on this board due to the above fact. I could suggest trying to exclude first before including (but please don't ask how you do that on a smarthings hub as I don't have one) if that don't work then try bringing the smart things hub closer to the unit for inclusion first.

Good Luck.
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:18 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Good Day:

Go into your hub settings and use "General Device Exclusion" to delete any Z-Wave information that might be in the dimmer's memory. Then try adding again. That should get you going! Don't forget to get Darwin's device handler to enable the double-tap/triple-tap functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
The problem is your using Smart Things.
Hey, be nice!

website | products | support | youtube
Old July 18th, 2017, 03:12 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I just installed my WD100+ and companion remote switch for a 3 way controlled wall outlet (which has a light plugged in).
For what it’s worth, this is against code and could be a fire risk if someone unplugs the light and plugs an appliance into the dimmer controlled outlet. You really need to us a switch or a lamp module here.