Bug - invalid data in UPS is causing conversion error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug - invalid data in UPS is causing conversion error

Hello - I'm testing the plug in and so far so good with one problem. I've got a recurring error message in hstouch that happens every time I poll one UPS (3 are active)

Exception on String Change callback: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32. Service Version: NO_VERSION

I've dug through the data and have what appears to be bad data from one of the ups - time on battery is 63584411382.2859 seconds which won't fit into Int32. I know this is bad data from the UPS but any chance you can add a data check? I'm also trying to figure out how to clear that value on my UPS....clearly I haven't been on battery that long!

Thanks and will look at it. Could you post the specific error log / message and which version of the plugin are you using?

Comment

If you could provide additional details around the messages and when it occurs would be helpful. The plugin includes checks when converting strings to int, but could be that one is missing or an odd case. The error line in your message might also come from HSTouch instead of the acpupsd plug-in. Can you post more details about the setup (device that triggers the issue, when does it occur, more content from the log especially the source, ...)? Thanks

Comment

Not sure I'll be of much more help - the variable was time on battery that I was getting from a UPS that I was polling via NUT. I was able to reset the value to 0 by bumping the power on the ups for a few seconds so it is cleared for me now - the error was occurring every minute - it appeared to me that it occurred after your APCUPSD polling - you accepted that huge number (I could see it in the UPS status screen) but then HS Touch was trying to integrate it and it couldn't because its too big - just my theory though.

Comment

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
          Not sure I'll be of much more help - the variable was time on battery that I was getting from a UPS that I was polling via NUT. I was able to reset the value to 0 by bumping the power on the ups for a few seconds so it is cleared for me now - the error was occurring every minute - it appeared to me that it occurred after your APCUPSD polling - you accepted that huge number (I could see it in the UPS status screen) but then HS Touch was trying to integrate it and it couldn't because its too big - just my theory though.

Thanks. This already helps just to know you used NUT and the device. I will try to reproduce it.

Comment

Working...
          X