www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Analog & Digital IO Device Plug-ins > Analog & Digital IO Discussion

Analog & Digital IO Discussion Discussions regarding HomeSeer ADIO-100 Analog & Digital System Interface

Old February 21st, 2017, 05:46 PM
Seer

Raspberry Pi or Arduino ??

what would you recommend Raspberry pi or Arduino?

I've got 6 hard-wired motion sensors in the house. They are 12vdc normally closed PIR units.

I just bought a HS Zee S2.

I want to connect the motion sensors to the S2 easily and without spending a lot of time and money.

suggestions?
Old February 21st, 2017, 05:57 PM
OverSeer

I think I'd do neither...they are both suitable but each have their pros/cons. I think I would personally look at an ESP NodeMCU board (available for what - about $10 on eBay), put the ESPEasy firmware on it and look at the thread about it on here. You could get the inputs straight into HS via the JSON interface rather than need to fork out for a plugin.