Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Just finishing some testing, looks like tomorrow for the release.
    We are in an endless loop of tomorrows...

(To be fair, I'd rather want a good release than a fast release... )
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Has anyone seen any issues with the WiFi connection stability on a HS ZeeS2?
      -- Connection failing after a (long) period of time?
      -- Not reconnecting after a router reboot?

---------
      Here is why I am asking:
      Running beta 423 ... upgraded to this release on Mar 22.

Today (April 11), found the following:

The good:
      - HS was still running - correctly executing light on/off events this morning.
      - The memory usage leveled off (according to my log of Linux df command every 10 min):
      HSConsole.exe - 221K blocks
      HSPI_ZWave.exe - 221K blocks
      (Interesting almost identical values with a bit of growing and shrinking. So it is good to see the system reach a reasonable a memory usage steady state.)

The bad:
      - WiFi connection was down. The router showed the Zee was disconnected. No idea how long the WiFi has been down, but I did try to log in remotely a week ago and was unable to reach the system. So I suspect it was down then.

Late last year, I observed the Zee would not reconnect after a WiFI AP reboot. I did not pursue at that time, as during my beta release testing since then, I was rebooting the system at least once a week. However, in the last few weeks I don't think there has been a WiFi Access Point reboot, so perhaps the WiFi connection failed after running for a period of time?

Comment

Build 3.0.0.425 has been released:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176440
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What is the recommended Z-wave plugin to run with this?

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

You can look at the release notes on the plugin, but the latest release should be the best one. There are some fixes in the beta that might apply.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            What is the recommended Z-wave plugin to run with this?

Robert
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HS3 Won't Start after Ubuntu Update

After applying patches to my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS installation (which included an update of Mono to 5.10.1.20 from 5.10.0.160), my HS3 (beta 379) application will not longer start. The reported error is:

Apr 14 17:05:37 elms-hs3-01 mono[23212]: Error in startup: Could not resolve field token 0x04000abe, due to: Could not load type of field 'A.c8ca4444aa67e6a34abece120adc7d915:c148305f4c95cdd812e05b8 d31da0a7a7' (256) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member: (null) signature:<none> assembly:/usr/local/hs3_379/Scheduler.dll type:c8ca4444aa67e6a34abece120adc7d915 member: (null) signature:<none>

I tried updating to beta 425 and that sort-of helps -- the startup error doesn't occur but pretty much none of my plugins work. I should note that I've tried to upgrade to a number of the intermediate betas (389, 423) and some or all of my plugins fail with any version I've tried beyond 379. I've been very busy with work stuff the last few months and really don't have time to do my usual fiddling to find out what might be going on.

If anybody has any clues I'd appreciate a steer in the right direction.

-M.

Comment

Not sure what to write here other than running HS3 Pro and Lite V425 on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit on an Intel CPU and ARM CPU currently release of Mono.

I have been doing Ubuntu updates about once a week and Homeseer 3 updates to every beta posted. Also been updating all plugins when seen in updater.

If I have seen an issue relating to start up of Homeseer I downgrade to previous version of Homeseer 3 (I copy the Homeseer directory before upgrading Homeseer to fall back on). I have not downgraded any new beta version cuz I have had no issues.

Arm HS3 Lite
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.425 (Linux)
                ICS-Pine64:~# lsb_release -a
                LSB Version: core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-arm64:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-arm64:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch
                Distributor ID: Ubuntu
                Description: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
                Release: 16.04
                Codename: xenial

mono -V
                Mono JIT compiler version 5.10.1.20 (tarball Thu Mar 29 11:46:17 UTC 2018)
                Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                TLS: __thread
                SIGSEGV: normal
                Notifications: epoll
                Architecture: arm64
                Disabled: none
                Misc: softdebug
                Interpreter: yes
                LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Intel HS3 Pro
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.425 (Linux)
                HS3Pro:~# lsb_release -a
                LSB Version: core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch
                Distributor ID: Ubuntu
                Description: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
                Release: 16.04
                Codename: xenial

HS3Pro:~# mono -V
                Mono JIT compiler version 5.10.1.20 (tarball Thu Mar 29 10:44:58 UTC 2018)
                Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                TLS: __thread
                SIGSEGV: altstack
                Notifications: epoll
                Architecture: amd64
                Disabled: none
                Misc: softdebug
                Interpreter: yes
                LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

I am not aware of any recent beta Homeseer 3 changes that relate to specific mono versions.

That said there is a bug in mono (guesstimate) relating to using aspx pages in Homeseer such that a few folks have downgraded their mono versions to run aspx page.

Personally this is an issue with mono versus Homeseer and someone should open a new Mono bug report relating to said issue.
                Last edited by Pete; April 14, 2018, 06:57 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

Thanks -- that's exactly what I'm running. Er, well, trying to run. I'm starting to dig in and see what's actually going on. It's confusing to me right now. I did a clean installation on another box (an Intel i7 NUC running Ubuntu 16.04 with Mono 5.10.1.20) and I immediately get the same mono error (...Could not load file or assembly HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, etc.).

Probably unrelated: what's with this new "RecoveryInstall.sh" thing? It installs a bunch of stuff I've never installed before and even manipulates the sudoers file -- that's pretty much unacceptable.

-M.

Comment

Guessing when you installed mono-complete (or dev) you also installed mono-vbnc afterward eh?

what's with this new "RecoveryInstall.sh" thing?

I have never used it and never paid attention to the file as I have my own DR configuration that works just fine for me.

It's always been there as far as I can remember. Check on some old archives and see it there.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, mono-vbnc was installed after installing mono-complete.

I'll have some time tomorrow to dive in and see what's wrong.

-M.

Comment

My Ubuntu VM that I've been using to run HS3 still dies when I try to start beta 379 (which I've been using for months), but starts successfully if I start 425. I was having issues with many plugins, but deleting them and reinstalling them fixed whatever the issue was.

Now that said, I'm trying to build a standalone HS3 box on an Intel NUC running exactly the same OS distro, same installation of mono, and same 425 HS3 installation -- and it won't start (it immediately dies with a mono error when it tries to load the Scheduler.dll assembly).

Not sure what that's all about. I may just rebuild that box from scratch.

-M.

Comment

I may just rebuild that box from scratch.

Really quick these days to do that.

Update / Upgrade, reboot and Update / Upgrade again then autoremove the leftovers.

Here started with Ubuntu 14.04. Then upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 and now considering upgrading to current release of Ubuntu 17.10.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            Build 3.0.0.425 has been released:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176440
                            I updated to 425 today and it keeps crashing. Not sure what to look at to find what is causing it. I'm gonna try to disable all the plugins and do them one by one to see if it is a plug in causing it.

Windows Server 2012R2

Anyone else having trouble?

Michael
                            HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                            Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                            BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes Jobee check the thread for .425. There are several people getting crashes currently although .423 ran fine for me.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195145

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X