Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin feature request, full Pimoroni Automation Hat support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin feature request, full Pimoroni Automation Hat support.

Hi, Spud

Is there anyway that you could upgrade the plugin to use the full abilities of the Pimoroni Automation hats?

These two hats give you three 24V tolarent digital inputs and digital outputs and either one or three form C relays depending on which hat you purchase. From what I can tell this part of the board is already comparable with the plugin.

In addition these boards have three 24V tolerant ADC input however they can only be accesses using I2C. This is the place where you would have to write an addition to the plugin in order to access the ADC. Pimoroni does supply a complete Python library for the Automation hats.

For about $25 bucks or so one can have a very complete IO module built around the Raspberry Pi Zero W. With three inputs, three outputs, one relay and 3 ADC channels.

As is this would make a very inexpensive Garage door opener, which is how I plan to use on, or other digital IO device. With the addition of the ADC many other possibilities open up.

Please consider adding the ADC ability to the plugin.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Reviving an old thread on Pimoroni hats, I was just looking at the Enviro + Air Quality hat and though how great it would be if this was supported

in one pHATPop this on top a Raspi Zero W with RaspberryIO and you've got a great remote sensor\control point.

Comment

Working...
    X