Instant status? Ct30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant status? Ct30

I would like to confirm if it has this? I've been trying to poll the thermostat with no luck. It seems it updates at weird times. I'm running the thermo on a c wire.

12/21/2011 8:09:08 PM* Warning* Failed to get updated sensor information for Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 5 Temperature, Sensor: 1.

It doesn't seem instant, it seems it will only answer a poll when there is a change, even thought it's on a c wire. Is this an intended feature?

Comment

This stat has to be polled, it doesn't not support instant status.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I get that error when I run a poll event. When I poll all devices under status, it don't update unless there is a change. It should at least update the timings, but it don't do that polling under the device it self don't work either.

Comment

This error indicates that your Z-Wave interface can't reach/communicate with the stat. Do you have a module that support the beaming class between your stat and your controller? How far is the stat from your Z-Wave interface?

Comment

at the moment my z-wave items in the house are. If I am getting the error when I poll it, but when I change the temp on the device, and I poll everything under the status page, it then actually updates. All my z-wave devices are quite litellary above my z-troller which is in the basement. I would have thought that the error would be if the the z-troller couldnt reach the CT30, but it is communicating to a certain degree.

2x http://store.homeseer.com/store/Wayn...e-P766C40.aspx

my CT30

The CT30 don't talk directly to the z-troller?

Comment

Originally posted by afmiller View Post
              at the moment my z-wave items in the house are. If I am getting the error when I poll it, but when I change the temp on the device, and I poll everything under the status page, it then actually updates. All my z-wave devices are quite litellary above my z-troller which is in the basement. I would have thought that the error would be if the the z-troller couldnt reach the CT30, but it is communicating to a certain degree.

my CT30

I could never get the poll event to work with the CT30 or the Honeywell thermostats. However, setting a poll interval on the device page mostly works. (There are some polling errors in the log at random intervals.)

Comment

my CT30

You need to get at a minimum one of the Schlage lamp modules which supports beaming and it should improve communications.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Schl...e-P723C40.aspx

Comment

Thanks Rupp, I'll give that a try.

Comment

Thanks Rupp, I'll give that a try.
                    Also check out your for sale forum post in case you didn't see the response for the mini pc.

Comment

Thanks Rupp, I sold it. I tried to delete the post, but I wasn't able to. Are you able to remove it?

Comment

Yes, I can remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          You need to get at a minimum one of the Schlage lamp modules which supports beaming and it should improve communications.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Schl...e-P723C40.aspx
                          Rupp, Doesn't the the z-troller have beaming already built in? I have FW 1.15

Comment

Rupp, Doesn't the the z-Troller have beaming already built in? I have FW 1.15
                            Yes, but if your stat is any distance from the Z-Troller you will need routing devices.

Comment

Working...
                            X