Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSI Stat

bump!

Any issues with the HSI Thermostat. I can not get mine to work with the HS3 plugin. Works fine in HS2. It is on comm 5 at 300 baud?

Thanks

Ed
    Last edited by edwilloughby; June 9, 2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
      i would definitely run both at the same time..

personally if you rely on your house..
      install hs3 as it installs in its own directory..
      c:\program files\homeseer hs3

run it along side hs2... shutdown certain plugins in hs2 and setup in hs3.. see what works... what you like and if you can live with it... if not easy to play for a bit.. disable hs3 plugins enable hs2... live life.. for testing you can go back and forth..

my house doesnt run off of HS anymore.. used to really be hooked up and integrated but when issues started.. i separated it but looking at integrating again... as i like what i see with HS3...

Can you actually run both HS2 and HS3 this way?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

I can't get the import tool to work. Like Rotech, I got the " update database" error. So I went the the HS2 updater and downloaded and installed the most recent released version (2.5.0.52) of HS2. When I reran the import tool, it continues to give the "update database" error. What am I doing wrong?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

The latest is at homeseer.com at the downloads link, you 2.5.0.80.

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
          I can't get the import tool to work. Like Rotech, I got the " update database" error. So I went the the HS2 updater and downloaded and installed the most recent released version (2.5.0.52) of HS2. When I reran the import tool, it continues to give the "update database" error. What am I doing wrong?

Steve Q

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rotech. thanks that worked.

Comment

Thanks. I was able to upgrade to 2.5.0.80. I then successfully ran the the import utility. HS3 successfully imported 586 events. The events show up by group in alphabetical order by event name. The import is helpful but it's going to be a monumental task to rebuild all the events!

I need to think about how to approach this.

I have HS2 running on a separate machine and I do not want to mess with it.

I have installed HS3 on my Acer Netbook. I am using an old HS2 database which I upgraded to 2.5.0.80. I do not want to to convert my current HS2 database(2.5.0.20) to 80. There have always been issues when I upgraded in the past.

It's a big challenge!

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Error installing 3.0.0.4

I installed the beta that was available earlier in the week (3.0.0.1?). After a day or so, 3.0.0.2 was out, so installed that. I get an error about the install failed, but everything works and the about homeseer shows the correct version.

I tried 3.0.0.4 and it installed and starts and runs without problems (at least the little I'm testing). However, at startup, it refuses to skip the check to install 3.0.0.4 even though it is installed.

I looked at the updater details and it has the filepath hardcoded to something other than the path I set in my system. It also seems to refer to the update version as 3.0.4 rather than 3.0.0.4.

I'm not sure if either of those situations is causing the install package to say it failed, but I'd like to get a successful install and have it stop waiting for the update when it's already updated.

Thoughts?

#2 -- Where can I find the scripting docs? Any .vb script that runs on HS2 should _almost_ run as is? What's the minimum visual studio version appropriate for HS3?
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Huggy,

Here is your information about vb

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1138
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                    Error installing 3.0.0.4

I installed the beta that was available earlier in the week (3.0.0.1?). After a day or so, 3.0.0.2 was out, so installed that. I get an error about the install failed, but everything works and the about homeseer shows the correct version.

I tried 3.0.0.4 and it installed and starts and runs without problems (at least the little I'm testing). However, at startup, it refuses to skip the check to install 3.0.0.4 even though it is installed.

I looked at the updater details and it has the filepath hardcoded to something other than the path I set in my system. It also seems to refer to the update version as 3.0.4 rather than 3.0.0.4.

I'm not sure if either of those situations is causing the install package to say it failed, but I'd like to get a successful install and have it stop waiting for the update when it's already updated.

Thoughts?
                    I wish I could help you but I've been having exactly the same problem.
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

The import tool may not work with a large database. When I imported my events, HS3 started trying to run them! Since there are no devices, a flood of errors are created. This caused my CPU to go to 100% and made HS3 unresponsive.

The import tool needs to disable all the events so they can be edited.

Steve Q

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        Huggy,

Here is your information about vb

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1138
                        The help docs state we can use vbscript (same as HS1/HS2) as well as vb.net scripts. This must be a departure from prior announcements where vb.net scripts would be the only way to go in HS3/Windows environments.

Also, what version of visual studio vb.net is the lowest, and is there a highest version? I guess we target our vb.net code for .net 4.0 and we're ok??
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

How to convert to HS3?

So I got the email saying I had 1 day to get a 20% discount, so I bought HS3.

I backed up my HS2 files, downloaded HS3, installed it - no problems.

Then I went to load my old database, and discovered that there was a special tool for converting.

So I downloaded the tool and installed it. Running it, it told me that my database was out of date.

So I upgraded HS2 to the latest version (.80), ran it, and it upgraded my database.

The I reran the conversion tool, and this time it was happy.

So I started up HS3, and nothing got loaded. So I checked that my new configuration file was in the right place, and was non-empty. All good. I ran HS3, and found the new Setup page. I selected the new config file under "Configuration File:" I exited and restarted HS3.

The startup log seems to have found the configuration file, but nothing appears to be loaded. Below is the relevant portions of the startup log.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, I would appreciate it.

But perhaps more important, I now (after purchase) understand that the device definitions cannot be imported. I have 476 of them! Surely I'm missing something - it's completely impractical to set up all these again. I'm guessing that's why it won't load my events, since they reference devices that are undefined, but who knows.

This would be like releasing an upgrade to MS Word which can't read prior file formats - totally unreasonable. Even Microsoft understands that it can't strand it's user's data files in upgrades. I don't mind making some adjustments, but this seems entirely unreasonable.

Am I the only one who just spent $100 on a product they can't use? I've always found Homeseer to be a reasonable and technically excellent company - and I missing something here?

--------

6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Settings Loaded.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Current sunrise/sunset values calculated.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 3.0.0.4 Starting Now (PRO Build)
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Using system's regional settings
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Creating Class Objects...
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~COM port classes started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Application interface class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Web server class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~E-Mail SEND class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~E-Mail RECEIVE class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Plug-In Interface class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Speech recognition class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~HSPhone external interface class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Local voice recognition class started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Database SAVE process started.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Loading configuration file ...
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Database~!~Opening (Mode=Read/Write) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Kaplan Automation_converted.hsd
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Warning~!~Configuration database has no devices in it: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Kaplan Automation_converted.hsd
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Database~!~Loading Devices...
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~0 total devices loaded.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading Event Groups...
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading Events...
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~0 total events loaded.
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading COUNTERS...
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading TIMERS...
                          6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~HomeSeer version is: 3.0.0.4

Comment

Am I the only one who just spent $100 on a product they can't use? I've always found Homeseer to be a reasonable and technically excellent company - and I missing something here?
                            Its still at the Beta Test stage with lots of bugs.

Comment

The pre-sale was for the beta as we are looking for testers, its not ready for production use. If you are user who does not wish to test and provide feedback, I would wait until the software is released. If you misunderstood what the purchase was for, we can give you a refund.

And yes, right now we cannot import devices, the architecture of HS3 is drastically different from HS2. That being said, we may still make more changes to the import tool so it imports more information. It would be a huge help if you told me what kind of devices you have? Z-Wave is the most problematic, but if you have mostly virtual devices (devices not tied to any hardware, they could be imported).

And just to comment on the architecture change: HS2 had a lot of code to make it compatible with HS1. In HS3 we would have had to write even more code to make it compatible with HS2 and HS2. We decided now was the time to dump all of that and move a new architecture that will make the program faster and more flexible. The side affect was incompatibility. While its not impossible to write some software that evaluates what you have and then converts it to the new format, that is a lot of work and the import tool will need to evolve.

Originally posted by JKaplan View Post
                              So I got the email saying I had 1 day to get a 20% discount, so I bought HS3.

I backed up my HS2 files, downloaded HS3, installed it - no problems.

Then I went to load my old database, and discovered that there was a special tool for converting.

So I downloaded the tool and installed it. Running it, it told me that my database was out of date.

So I upgraded HS2 to the latest version (.80), ran it, and it upgraded my database.

The I reran the conversion tool, and this time it was happy.

So I started up HS3, and nothing got loaded. So I checked that my new configuration file was in the right place, and was non-empty. All good. I ran HS3, and found the new Setup page. I selected the new config file under "Configuration File:" I exited and restarted HS3.

The startup log seems to have found the configuration file, but nothing appears to be loaded. Below is the relevant portions of the startup log.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, I would appreciate it.

But perhaps more important, I now (after purchase) understand that the device definitions cannot be imported. I have 476 of them! Surely I'm missing something - it's completely impractical to set up all these again. I'm guessing that's why it won't load my events, since they reference devices that are undefined, but who knows.

This would be like releasing an upgrade to MS Word which can't read prior file formats - totally unreasonable. Even Microsoft understands that it can't strand it's user's data files in upgrades. I don't mind making some adjustments, but this seems entirely unreasonable.

--------

6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Settings Loaded.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Current sunrise/sunset values calculated.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 3.0.0.4 Starting Now (PRO Build)
                              6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Using system's regional settings
                              6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Creating Class Objects...
                              6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~COM port classes started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Application interface class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:53 PM ~!~Startup~!~Web server class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~E-Mail SEND class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~E-Mail RECEIVE class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Plug-In Interface class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Speech recognition class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~HSPhone external interface class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Local voice recognition class started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Database SAVE process started.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~Loading configuration file ...
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Database~!~Opening (Mode=Read/Write) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Kaplan Automation_converted.hsd
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Warning~!~Configuration database has no devices in it: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Kaplan Automation_converted.hsd
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Database~!~Loading Devices...
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~0 total devices loaded.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading Event Groups...
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading Events...
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~0 total events loaded.
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading COUNTERS...
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Load Config~!~Loading TIMERS...
                              6/9/2013 9:12:54 PM ~!~Startup~!~HomeSeer version is: 3.0.0.4
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                ...And just to comment on the architecture change: HS2 had a lot of code to make it compatible with HS1. In HS3 we would have had to write even more code to make it compatible with HS2 and HS2. We decided now was the time to dump all of that and move a new architecture that will make the program faster and more flexible. ...
                                I, for one, think that this was the correct choice. Otherwise wouldn't it have just been HS 2.6?

Comment

Working...
                                X