Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joegr View Post
    I, for one, think that this was the correct choice. Otherwise wouldn't it have just been HS 2.6?
    i agree too...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
      I, for one, think that this was the correct choice. Otherwise wouldn't it have just been HS 2.6?
      +1

Good choice!
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

ME TOO! I cant wait to use the new Boolean programming! THATS WHAT I WANTED IN THE BEGINNING! I don't mind starting over at all because now all the programming events will be soooo much smoother and fun! Even if this was the only difference, its still worth it easy!

Comment

I feel that the import-tool must be as efficient as possible.
          I also have a very complicated setup, and won't care for some adaptations, but importing devices is the less !
          As for Zwave devices, in my case, they where imported from a z-wave stick, both in HS2 and HS3, so I guess there should be no problem for the import tool to import also the name of the node and its ref#.
          Considering plugins, I think that, if adapting plugins to HS3 is just minor changes, HSTeam should take care of orphan plugins, assuming these will be only be ported to HS3 without any new feature or future care.

I will expect for sure a guide for adapting HS2 scripts to HS3 !

I also hoped that HS3 would include some help for scripting, tenscripting-like, and a real tutorial on how to make a plugin of your own.

Last but not least, it seems that nothing was made to have HS multi-language enabled...
          Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            ...I think that, if adapting plugins to HS3 is just minor changes, HSTeam should take care of orphan plugins, assuming these will be only be ported to HS3 without any new feature or future care...
            Depends on your interpretation of minor changes, what are minor changes for one developer could be a great deal of work for another. HST do not have any of the programming code for the plugins so could not take them on, well they certainly don't have any of mine and I don't think providing the source is a condition of going in the store.

Comment

Beta Pre Sale

Well, I assumed the pre-sale entitles me to the full HS3 version when it is released to production.

Right now it is in beta and I have no desire to install it as a beta.

I purchased it now to save 20%. So the license I have now is good for the production version as well, correct?

-phil

Comment

Originally posted by vbphil View Post
                Well, I assumed the pre-sale entitles me to the full HS3 version when it is released to production.
                Yes.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                  The import tool may not work with a large database. When I imported my events, HS3 started trying to run them! Since there are no devices, a flood of errors are created. This caused my CPU to go to 100% and made HS3 unresponsive.

The import tool needs to disable all the events so they can be edited.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had this happen as well. I was not good when my weekly machine reboot event ran repeatedly on startup... Need the option to disable all events when imported.

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                    The help docs state we can use vbscript (same as HS1/HS2) as well as vb.net scripts. This must be a departure from prior announcements where vb.net scripts would be the only way to go in HS3/Windows environments.

Also, what version of visual studio vb.net is the lowest, and is there a highest version? I guess we target our vb.net code for .net 4.0 and we're ok??
                    Can we use vbscript AND vb.net? If we use VB.net, what is the minimum .net version? Or more specifically, what visual studio is the earliest and what is the latest supported version (without lots of effort)?
                    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Can we use vbscript AND vb.net? If we use VB.net, what is the minimum .net version? Or more specifically, what visual studio is the earliest and what is the latest supported version (without lots of effort)?
                      HomeSeer is now built on 4.0 .net so any editor that will use that version will work. I know VS2010 and up will work. Not sure about VS 2008 but I believe it will work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        HomeSeer is now built on 4.0 .net so any editor that will use that version will work. I know VS2010 and up will work. Not sure about VS 2008 but I believe it will work as well.
                        Thanks, and about vbscript? The current online help states details about using vbscript, which suits me just fine as I have a few older vbscripts...
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Keep in mind that vbscript is not supported on Linux. So if you want to take advantage of the Linux ver of HS then stick with VB.NET as that is supported on Linux.

Thanks, and about vbscript? The current online help states details about using vbscript, which suits me just fine as I have a few older vbscripts...

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            Keep in mind that vbscript is not supported on Linux. So if you want to take advantage of the Linux ver of HS then stick with VB.NET as that is supported on Linux.
                            That is outstanding that we still have vbscript support!
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I hardly dare ask this as I fear the answer.... I use HomeWorks to interface to the Lutron which controls all the lighting in our house.

We have approx. 330 devices which get set up in Homeseer by HomeWorks, whose status is updated in real time, and which can be controlled by Homeseer GUI and events.

without the HomeWorks interface or some equivalent I will lose contact with 98% of my monitorable and controllable devices.

what is your plan with HomeWorks in this otherwise excellent new world please?

Simon

Comment

Is the $124 upgrade price just a limited time for the beta, or will it be $124 when the final comes out as well??

Comment

Working...
                                X