No announcement yet.

tenScripting Now Available for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting this. The Events log entry is supposed to have the reference number for the device, which it obviously does not, and hence cannot properly use it to get the Device Info.

I'll look at this and get back to you.

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Version 3.15 is now available at:

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScripting/HS3.aspx

Fixes exceptions when processing DeviceString change events.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Wow! That was quick!

Thanks, will test it later tonight

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Thanks, will test it later tonight
          Wim
          Confirmed, no more errors with devices here. Problem solved

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

The docs said to load HomeSeer2.dll and Scheduler.dll. I assume for HS3 that would be HomeSeerAPI.dll and Scheduler.dll, so I copied them to the TenScripting3 folder in Documents. When I try to run tenScripting3, it says tenScripting3.exe is missing from the path, but it's not. What am I doing wrong? I am on the local network, and have entered HS3's IP address, and username & password. I added a reference to the two above dll files. Thanks...
            Attached Files

Comment

CJVann,

I'm sorry you are experiencing problems with tenScripting3.

When converting tenScripting from HS2 to HS3, I did not completely rewrite the documentation, but only created an addendum for people upgrading to HS3. If you are a first time user of tenScripting, and you are running HS3, then the documentation might be a little confusing. You first have to read the tenScripting web pages that were written with the HS2 version in mind, and then read the HS3 page to see what is different for HS3.

As for as what .dlls to reference, check out:

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScripting/HS3.aspx

It says:

Code:
              Don't forget to add references to the project for the HS3 dlls:  

HomeSeerAPI
              HSCF
              Scheduler

Make sure these are the only HS files referenced, remove any HS2 references. You may want to redownload the tenScripting3 project and start over if you have added HS2 references.

My references look like this:

http://www.tenholder.net/temp/tenScr...References.png

One thing that confuses me about your post is that you say that you cannot run the project (error about tenScripting3.exe could not load), but later you say that you entered your HS3 userid and password. How did you enter them if the project won't run?

Let me know if any of my response makes sense. We'll get this going quickly for you.

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

CJVann,

Any luck ?

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply! I entered HS's IP Address, port, username, password, etc. on Visual Express' "Settings" tab. I also added the resources via Visual Express' "Resources" tab. By-the-way, I COPIED those dlls from the HS computer, to the TenScripting folder in My Documents. Is that acceptable? I didn't want to install the full HS program as I knew it would want a program key to install it on a 2nd computer.

I had not added the "HSCF" dll. After you mentioned that, the project ran. Thank you again!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got it working. Let me know if I can help further.

tenholde
                    tenholde

Comment

tenholde, I just fired up your HS3 version 3.15 and am seeing the following in the HS3 log:

Mar-10 10:03:35 Error Calling HSEvent in plugin tenScripting, Instance :A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Remote execution, latest version of HS3 and DLL's Is it cause for concern?

Lastly, two enhancement requests. Would it be possible to modify GetScripts() to include sub-folders, so I can import/place my scripts into a separate folder in the project to make them easily identifiable?

Also, is it possible to enable "copy" from the log listbox? Using a ContextMenuStrip perhaps to enable selected log entries to be copied to the clipboard?

Ta.
                      Gaz
                      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

One more bug for you sir, the "Import Scripts" tool does not insert a CR/LF between "end Sub" and "End Class", leaving both on the same line in the imported code.
                        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Trying to get tenscripting (HS3) working. I loaded simplesamples.vb and ran debug to check all was well. Can back with the error below. I have no problem connecting to HS3. I'm using VB 2010 Express. Can you please help.
                          Neil

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was unhandled
                          HResult=-2146233086
                          Message=InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.
                          Parameter name: index
                          ParamName=index
                          Source=System.Windows.Forms
                          StackTrace:
                          at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.ObjectCollection.get_Item(Int3 2 index)
                          at tenScripting3.tenScripting.btnRunSubMain_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\tenScripting3\tenScripting3\tenScripting.vb:line 456
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(M essage& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MS G& msg)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Win dows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMes sageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoo pInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoo p(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()
                          at tenScripting3.tenScripting.tmrStartup_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\tenScripting3\tenScripting3\tenScripting.vb:line 132
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message & m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MS G& msg)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Win dows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMes sageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoo pInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoo p(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
                          at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplic ationBase.OnRun()
                          at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplic ationBase.DoApplicationModel()
                          at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplic ationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
                          at tenScripting3.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
                          at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
                          at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
                          at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssem bly()
                          at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                          at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
                          InnerException:

Comment

Problems w/Importing scripts

Hi Ed:

Can't pull my scripts from HS3 in tenscripting. The attached image shows that the paths are incorrect. I looked at your web site and can not find where to change these.

The program works well, actually really well, just would like to get the paths correct. The HsComputer IP address is incorrect, as is the ExportDirectory and DebugLogPath. However, I can connect to HS3 from the computer running tenscripting.

Thanks
                            Attached Files
                            Don

Comment

Don:

It is not very intuitive, you define the location of your HS3 scripts from the export dialog. It will be saved and used for the import dialog as well.

tenholde
                              tenholde

Comment

Thanks;
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X