• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino Venican Blinds

Hi All

I have some Somfy Venetian Blinds.
    I bought a Qubino Shutter Plus module.
    I have configured for Venetian Blinds but I cannot make heads or tails of how to control the dam things!!

1. Can anyone explain (I have 2 buttons light switches on the wall)
    2. Can anyone else provide a photo of their HomeSeer UI with other modules from other manufactures and venetian blinds?

Many thanks
    Chris

Image attached of HomeSeer UI
    Attached Files

A virtual node from a Somfy ZRTSI -

The ZRTSI also has a static node and then a virtual node for each device. From a practical standpoint, about the only thing that actually does anything is the "up / down" control on each virtual node. Even though this appears as a multi-level control, it's all or nothing -- either up or down (for me, anyway). It'd be nice to find a way to control them with a bit more granularity.

Comment

No predefined stop or midpoint options Chuck?

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
        No predefined stop or midpoint options Chuck?
        Not that I've ever found, but I'd love to have someone else post a way to do it :-)

What I do is set the top travel limit to where I'd ordinarily set a Somfy "my" button, and then I can use "up" to open it to that point. Obviously you could do the same thing on the bottom limit too if there was a need.

Comment

Is this the one you have Chuck?
          https://www.somfysystems.com/file.cf...ntentid=252151

I am getting a quote on this system at the moment. Actually looking as cost effective as Rollertrol. Link does show a stop function - maybe just need to add a log ticket in bugzilla to have Rich look at it?

Comment

Yep, that's the one. If some expanded functionality could be added, that'd be great. It's useful to me as it is (I've got 10 blinds on 4 channels currently; two groups of four and two separate), but if it could be a little more controllable, I've got more windows I'd probably consider doing.

The pricing isn't horrifically bad, compared to other solutions, and I've been happy with the service and support. I bought them through a local Budget Blinds outlet, and they've been very responsive in coming out and making adjustments, etc., even over a year after the initial purchase.

The only suggestion I'd make if you're considering some is to keep the power as easily controllable as possible. My two groups of four are attached at the top of really high-ceilinged rooms, and I ran power to these inside the wall from a power supply in a 2nd floor attic. Unfortunately, if you need to tweak a setting on an individual blind (limits, add a controller, etc.) you end up needing to disconnect the power on the other blinds in that channel while you program that one. For me this involves a lot of up and down on a ladder, unplugging and plugging power back in. If I were to do it over again, I'd feed all of the power through a bank of individual switches somewhere so I could mess with them with impunity.

Comment

On my Roman Blinds which use a Somfy 40 motor - I use a Fibaro controller; it can move up and down and there is a control button - which allows you to select a percentage open/closed.

I did not realise the somfy controller was z-wave.

Although not sure they are any better from the picture for venician blinds.
              I will upload a photo of the fibaro module with venician blinds later.

Comment

The Somfy ZWave controller is not available on European frequencies anyway. Have you tried looking through the Qubino manual to see if there are any parameters you need to set?
                Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                X