www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Analog & Digital IO Device Plug-ins > Analog & Digital IO Discussion

Analog & Digital IO Discussion Discussions regarding HomeSeer ADIO-100 Analog & Digital System Interface

Old February 11th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Seer

Question connection of motion sensors to HomeSeer

I've got 6 wired C&K model DT 435T motion sensors that are permanently mounted in my house, which have never been used before. (sensors are combination microwave & PIR)

They are 12vdc powered normally closed wired sensors, with each of the individual cables running to one location that is next to an AC outlet.

I have recently purchased a Zee S2 unit to work with the variety of legacy X10 devices that are in the house and newer Zwave hardware that I add.

Unfortunately, the location of the motion sensors' cabling is not near the location of the HomeSeer Zee S2 controller.

Question: will it be easy to add the 6 motion sensors above to the S2 HomeSeer system I now have?

thanks,

Ron
Old February 11th, 2017, 03:26 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraham1 View Post
I've got 6 wired C&K model DT 435T motion sensors that are permanently mounted in my house, which have never been used before. (sensors are combination microwave & PIR)

They are 12vdc powered normally closed wired sensors, with each of the individual cables running to one location that is next to an AC outlet.

I have recently purchased a Zee S2 unit to work with the variety of legacy X10 devices that are in the house and newer Zwave hardware that I add.

Unfortunately, the location of the motion sensors' cabling is not near the location of the HomeSeer Zee S2 controller.

Question: will it be easy to add the 6 motion sensors above to the S2 HomeSeer system I now have?

thanks,

Ron
Even if the cabling was near, you would still have no way of connecting them to the Zee. You need some sort of digital input. I would use an Arduino, but there are other solutions. There are Z-Wave dry contact modules and security panels. In my house the motion sensors are wired into my security system and the security system communicates with HomeSeer via an Envisalink communication module and Spud's plug-in.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:00 PM
OverSeer

Randy,

Depending on how handle he is, he can use a Gamepad with Blade's plugin. That is what I use with my setup to hook in wires sensors for monitoring motion in my kitchen as well as my sump crock.

There is also the Arduino plugin, which would be similar.

--Dan
Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Seer

Thanks for your help on this!

Here is a little more info on the (6) hard-wired motion sensors that I would like to connect to the Zee S2 Controller.
C&K Model DT 435T motion sensors.

Alarm relay:
Model DT-435T
Energized Form A (NC)
100 mA, 30 VDC

Tamper switch:
(NC)
25 mA, 30 VDC

Power requirements:
9 - 14 VDC
35 mA, 12 VDC

The junction point for the wiring for all 6 motion sensors is under the cellar stairway on a little shelf area. There’s an AC outlet to readily available also.

I’m thinking a module or box that can accept a 24vdc switching signal and send out an appropriate Z-wave signal sitting on the shelf???

So far I've checked Aeon Labs and there's a possibility they might have something.

I am also checking with Qubino and Fibaro to see what they've got...
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:12 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraham1 View Post
Thanks for your help on this!

Here is a little more info on the (6) hard-wired motion sensors that I would like to connect to the Zee S2 Controller.
C&K Model DT 435T motion sensors.

Alarm relay:
Model DT-435T
Energized Form A (NC)
100 mA, 30 VDC

Tamper switch:
(NC)
25 mA, 30 VDC

Power requirements:
9 - 14 VDC
35 mA, 12 VDC

The junction point for the wiring for all 6 motion sensors is under the cellar stairway on a little shelf area. There’s an AC outlet to readily available also.

I’m thinking a module or box that can accept a 24vdc switching signal and send out an appropriate Z-wave signal sitting on the shelf???

So far I've checked Aeon Labs and there's a possibility they might have something.

I am also checking with Qubino and Fibaro to see what they've got...
If you want a z-wave solution, look at the MIMO 2+ and MIMOLite by Fortrezz. If you are into DIY, check out the Z-Uno: https://z-uno.z-wave.me/. The North American version is supposed to be released this month.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old February 16th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Seer

Al, Randy, & Dan -

thanks for your previous comments.

having spent some time (re)reading whatever I could find on the topic of connecting digital inputs to controllers I think I have a better understanding of what is needed. However, I'm still far from the finish line...

couple more questions while I struggle to figure out how to best solve my problem.

given my lack of knowledge and experience with these hardware and software issues, I should probably look for solutions that will not be a difficult DIY project. Any suggestions for a solution that a newbie like me can implement without getting stuck?

I also have in the house a (new) JDS Time Commander Plus controller that was never used. It appears to have plenty of analog & digital inputs and also relay outputs that I can easily attach to.
(JDS TCP review link: http://www.hometoys.com/content.php?...es/ido/ido.htm)

However, it looks like X10 would be the only way I could get the JDS TCP to communicate with the HomeSeer controller.

Can I get your advice? Would you recommend I try to solve my problem using this JDS controller or just leave it on the shelf where I found it?

thanks for any advice you can send my way!!

Ron