New $29.95 Leak Sensor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New $29.95 Leak Sensor!

HS-LS100+ may be used to trigger events ("automations") when water leaks are detected. Use to control water valves, send notifications or sound alarms when water leaks are sensed. This leak sensor will send Z-Wave commands when (a) water is sensed and (b) when water has not been sensed for a (user-adjustable) period of time.

The included optional magnetic mount (with probe) allows HS-LS100+ to be wall mounted away from leak area. The probe cable may also be used to detect water levels when installed into a container: Example: use to detect "full" water condition in a dehumidifier reservoir.

https://shop.homeseer.com/search?typ...uct&q=hs-ls100
    Attached Files
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor

I have couple of questions about HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor as follow:
    1) What is the battery life expectation in normal operation with default setting?
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...LS100-rev1.pdf), battery sensor operation is disabled on units that are line powered. Can we order line powered units instead of battery powered units? What is the product number and url?

Comment

Originally posted by pgagnon View Post
      I have couple of questions about HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor as follow:
      1) What is the battery life expectation in normal operation with default setting?
      Estimated battery life is 1 year. If you add it as a non-secure device, that will improve battery life.
      https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...LS100-rev1.pdf), battery sensor operation is disabled on units that are line powered. Can we order line powered units instead of battery powered units? What is the product number and url?
      Looks like an error in the manual. There is no line-powered option for the leak sensor. Updated manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...S100-rev1a.pdf
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

These look great!

Interestingly enough I had a conversation with an Insurance guy who had mentioned that so many claims are caused by malfunctioning toilet flaps or tanks breaking. I know of two cases where this happened when the owners were gone on vacation. Once case in particular, the family had to move out for almost a year since the entire interior had to be gutted and rebuilt including drywall ceilings needing replacement, flooring and sub-flooring.

What are the physical sizes of these? Would they fit behind a toilet base? I've been thinking about implementing this preventable measure.

Robert

EDIT: Just found out 2.5 inches... that'll work!
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Battery replacement

Am I the only one who has concerns about replacing ER14250 type batteries every year? ER14250 type batteries are not cheap and are not easy to find.

It would be interesting to have a model with a plug (micro USB or other) to power the device. Also have a device that accepts standard battery formats like AA or AAA. This would reduce operating costs. You could operate on power line with battery backup, or run on battery only. Both situations with standard type of battery ... like the real life with tv remote, xbox controller, wireless keyboard and mouse. I can even imagine using rechargeable batteries.

For places like the laundry room and the hot water tank, the unit does not have to be so compact. For these types of space, it is possible to manage with the supply wires. In my opinion, behind a toilet, we can also work with a slightly larger device that accepts standard batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by pgagnon View Post
            Am I the only one who has concerns about replacing ER14250 type batteries every year? ER14250 type batteries are not cheap and are not easy to find.

It would be interesting to have a model with a plug (micro USB or other) to power the device. Also have a device that accepts standard battery formats like AA or AAA. This would reduce operating costs. You could operate on power line with battery backup, or run on battery only. Both situations with standard type of battery ... like the real life with tv remote, xbox controller, wireless keyboard and mouse. I can even imagine using rechargeable batteries.

For places like the laundry room and the hot water tank, the unit does not have to be so compact. For these types of space, it is possible to manage with the supply wires. In my opinion, behind a toilet, we can also work with a slightly larger device that accepts standard batteries.
            +1 I will buy some if they have a power supply like a 5v

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

For anyone who is interested I found these batteries that say they are equivalent.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/xeno...hium-3-6v.html

Comment

@macromark
                What is the "Heat Notification" device? I dont see it referenced in the docs...
                Attached Files
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Does it provide a temperature reading? I have one installed and I cannot seem to get that to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Willis View Post
                    Does it provide a temperature reading? I have one installed and I cannot seem to get that to work.
                    Me neither

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      @macromark
                      What is the "Heat Notification" device? I dont see it referenced in the docs...
                      I saw your image and thought the same thing. The manual does reference a high and low temp, so maybe if it falls outside that range it changes that device?

Oh, and I didn't realize this thing had so many sensors...too bad they didn't include humidity. I would have considered putting one in each bathroom (As long a the temp worked)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Willis View Post
                        I was looking at this as well, in the manual (backside) there is a parameter to enable, however, it says that it is disabled by default. I haven't enabled as I don't know what the battery life impact would be but I am considering giving it a go on one of the units. I will say at a couple of dollars a battery it isn't the end of the world to change, but I also don't want to miss an alarm because I didn't change a battery fast enough...

Comment

I put one in my HVAC condenser plenum since I've had leaks there before. The sensor was sending false moisture reports. I guess the humidity was making it think there was moisture detected.

I never got an answer on what the Heat Notification was and no temperature updates. It's sitting on my test bench now gathering dust

Comment

I put one in my HVAC condenser plenum since I've had leaks there before. The sensor was sending false moisture reports. I guess the humidity was making it think there was moisture detected.

I never got an answer on what the Heat Notification was and no temperature updates. It's sitting on my test bench now gathering dust

What is the material of your plenum? I have created false readings with metal surfaces.

For the temp side, did you try changing the parameters to enable?

Comment

I don't know what the heat thing is either but in the case of the temp it is a little tricky to get the temp turned on. I had to press the tamper button every 1/2 sec to get the blue light to stay solid. It then returned a list under settings. I set the temp parameter (19) for 5 min and did the same 1/2 sec. press to finally get it to set it. You have to continue to press the button per above until it returns the full list of parameters. If you quit before that it will only return a partial list and not set anything.
                              In the case of humidity I have had to stick the sensor onto a thin dry sponge. This will guard it against most humidity levels but water will soak into the sponge with a leak and trigger it.

Comment

Working...
                              X