X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Wins....

Starting this afresh from outside Sirmeili's MeiHarmonyHub forum

Here's the first suggestion for a quick win:

Longitutde is incorrectly signed in the main HS setup, leaving much confusion, especially around Sunrise/Sunset and why weather is so off from the observations outside the window.
    I have answered this several times on the forum; Rupp must be answering it the most; CFGuy and Sooty each have to explain that their plugins do it correctly and that the main HS config is incorrect. There must be dozens of stale bugzillas on this and your support team must take frequent calls on it.

A one-time fix at a specific release could make this all go away once and for all.

Other folks, chime in with a few other quick wins and let's see if this goes anywhere.
    cheeryfool

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    Starting this afresh from outside Sirmeili's MeiHarmonyHub forum

Here's the first suggestion for a quick win:

Longitutde is incorrectly signed in the main HS setup, leaving much confusion, especially around Sunrise/Sunset and why weather is so off from the observations outside the window.
    I have answered this several times on the forum; Rupp must be answering it the most; CFGuy and Sooty each have to explain that their plugins do it correctly and that the main HS config is incorrect. There must be dozens of stale bugzillas on this and your support team must take frequent calls on it.

A one-time fix at a specific release could make this all go away once and for all.

Other folks, chime in with a few other quick wins and let's see if this goes anywhere.
    I agree on this one. Please put in a help desk ticket on this support@homeseer.com as this needs to get fixed.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      I agree on this one. Please put in a help desk ticket on this support@homeseer.com as this needs to get fixed.
      Humouring you on the Help Desk ticket - "Your conversation number is: 19793". Can you please try and get this quick win prioritised and done, once and for all?
      cheeryfool

Comment

1. Prevent deletion of triggers in events. Doing so corrupts the event in ways that cannot always be seen.
        2. Make honoring the other Event's Condition when running another Event the default, instead of requiring user to specifically ask they be honored.
        Both of these will mitigate a tremendous amount of confusion/problems for users.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          1. Prevent deletion of triggers in events. Doing so corrupts the event in ways that cannot always be seen.
          2. Make honoring the other Event's Condition when running another Event the default, instead of requiring user to specifically ask they be honored.
          Both of these will mitigate a tremendous amount of confusion/problems for users.

+1 for each
          cheeryfool

Comment

Longitude was just fixed in .435!
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
              Longitude was just fixed in .435!

Yes!
              cheeryfool

Comment

We need more Quick Wins

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  We need more Quick Wins

List some out Frank!
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                    List some out Frank!
                    I'd love to, but work has been such hell recently (people leaving, the rest forced to pick up the slack) that I haven't been playing with the HA system much recently. I've been doing all I can to get free time to support the few plugins I have out there.

I will think it though though. I know there are some minor things that bother me, but the biggest is documentation. I know there is a Wiki initiative out there that Colin is working on, but not sure how that's going. Documentation however isn't a quick fix.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Make honoring the other Event's Condition when running another Event the default, instead of requiring user to specifically ask they be honored.
                      +1
                      This was a source of confusion in HS2.

In HS3 it is even less intuitive than it was then, and continues to generate needless confusion.
                      At least, could there be an option in Setup?
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

An overload to hs.triggerevent or additional scripting command to evaluate the conditions of an event would be handy also.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                          I'd love to, but work has been such hell recently (people leaving, the rest forced to pick up the slack) that I haven't been playing with the HA system much recently. I've been doing all I can to get free time to support the few plugins I have out there.

I will think it though though. I know there are some minor things that bother me, but the biggest is documentation. I know there is a Wiki initiative out there that Colin is working on, but not sure how that's going. Documentation however isn't a quick fix.
                          Anyone know the current status of the Wiki?

Comment

Wiki Involvement

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                            Anyone know the current status of the Wiki?
                            More importantly with that subject, how many would be willing to help generate content? The power of a wiki is in the community involvement. I know I am more than happy to add content and even, after working on a couple corporate wikis, insight and assistance on organization.

Karl
                            Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events
                            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                              More importantly with that subject, how many would be willing to help generate content? The power of a wiki is in the community involvement. I know I am more than happy to add content and even, after working on a couple corporate wikis, insight and assistance on organization.

Karl
                              I'm new to HS but not to automation whether it be home or work. I don't mind helping where I can, and sometimes a fresh view provides the insight new users need.

Comment

Working...
                              X