X10 Wins One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Wins One

I've been slowly converting from X10 to UPB. It's been painless and trouble free and every device added has been the same, painless and trouble free, it's just worked.

Well, ..... today i replaced a x10 appliance module, nothing wrong with the x10 one, it was just it's turn in the change cycle. Popped in the new UPB one, fired up upstart. It never recognized the new module, odd I'd never had that happen before. I unplugged the module, plugged it back in and put it in setup mode. Upstart did finally recognize it, I set it up, but it never would take the program.

This is all too weird. I plugged it into a different outlet, on a different circuit. there it worked just fine like UPB is supposed to. Programmed it just fine there and moved it to the outlet I wanted it in. NOTHING upstart doesn't see it and it fails the com test. can't be seen to download it's program. Moved it to yet another outlet. It's fine there too.

Plugged the old X10 dinosaur back in and all was well again. damn, that's mighty odd, who'd a thunk it.

So just goes to show, nothings perfect.

Now, where did i put all that x10 testing equipment, maybe it'll work for UPB too.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Don't know about UPB power requirements but, did the appliance module have 2 spades and does the UPB require all three (hot, ground and neutral) which might not all be connected in that socket?

I'd put a power line tester on that outlet if that's the case.

You also put it on another circuit. Have an appropriate bridge/amp?

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
      Don't know about UPB power requirements but, did the appliance module have 2 spades and does the UPB require all three (hot, ground and neutral) which might not all be connected in that socket?

I'd put a power line tester on that outlet if that's the case.

You also put it on another circuit. Have an appropriate bridge/amp?
      It's a grounded outlet, I put it in years ago for the old X10 appliance module. The applicance module itself is a dual pronged unit. There is a phase coupler installed, as well as a X10 coupler/repeater.

I'll figure it out eventually, I was more amused at going with the new super duper phase 2 UPB unit and having good ole X10 out perform it.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
      X