Aeotec Smart Strip Child Devices Missing From Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Smart Strip Child Devices Missing From Scenes

I am trying to build scenes for a Enerwave 7-button controller but the four switches from my Aeotec Smart Strip do not show up in the list of controllable devices. Other devices show up in the list and can be added and controlled by the scenes. Any ideas?

I also do not see a way to toggle each button on the controller. I can get the device to turn on with a push, but a second push does not turn it off.

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    I am trying to build scenes for a Enerwave 7-button controller but the four switches from my Aeotec Smart Strip do not show up in the list of controllable devices. Other devices show up in the list and can be added and controlled by the scenes. Any ideas?

I also do not see a way to toggle each button on the controller. I can get the device to turn on with a push, but a second push does not turn it off.
    The smart strip doesn't support the scene class as far as I know. It will show up and work with HomeSeer scenes, but will not work with Leviton scene controllers. I don't know about Enerwave scene controllers.

On all of my smart strips a push of the button on the device will toggle all devices with each press. If it toggles off, all 4 will turn off. If it is toggled on, all 4 will turn on. Channel 1 and 2 which are unswitched, always stay on. There is no way to control a single outlet at the device.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

So you can't turn on/off the individual outlets or pair of outlets on these power strips from Homeseer either right?
      Randy do you find these power strips to be more accurate or better in anyway than those individual Aeon energy switches you used to use?

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Ok so I found the answer to one of my questions. Four of the 6 outlets are controllable.
        http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....5&postcount=14
        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          So you can't turn on/off the individual outlets or pair of outlets on these power strips from Homeseer either right?
          Randy do you find these power strips to be more accurate or better in anyway than those individual Aeon energy switches you used to use?

Sent from my iPhone
          I know you found the answer, but I would add: Yes, the 3-6 outlets are switchable with HomeSeer, but not locally. You can control all off or all on locally, but not individually. Outlets 1 and 2 are always on.

Accuracy: They are accurate under the correct settings. The parameters are complex. At their default settings they are set to generate a report when a single outlet changes by more than xx% or XX watts. You can program the whole strip as well as each each outlet. While this is a good idea to keep Z-Wave traffic down, in actual use it can give some unusual reporting. As you know all devices have an inrush where the current is much higher than the steady state current that follows. When they are set for change based reporting they frequently grab that higher amount, where Interval based reporting is more consistent with the average. I have it generate watt reports on varying schedules depending on the reason I am monitoring current. I have three of these on entertainment systems that monitor the current on the TV. When the TV is on it will turn subwoofers and receivers on. For that I want a faster response. There are other applications where the response is not so important. For KWH, I just have them report once every 12 hours, since it is an accumulated value. The way I have them set they set they seem to track my GEM readings within +- 1-2%, accurate enough for me.

Comment

Thank you. I'm planning on using this power strip for 2 water pumps. I'd like to know when they come on/off. I want avoid having these pump run endless if their respective pressure switches fail. If I can monitor watts based on schedule as you're doing with your TV it should suit my needs. How often is the watts reporting for the TV set at?

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
              Thank you. I'm planning on using this power strip for 2 water pumps. I'd like to know when they come on/off. I want avoid having these pump run endless if their respective pressure switches fail. If I can monitor watts based on schedule as you're doing with your TV it should suit my needs. How often is the watts reporting for the TV set at?

Sent from my iPhone
              I have them report at 30 seconds. If you do not care about accurate readings for graphing, etc. you can set parameter 4 to "1" and enable selective reporting. Leave the interval at 30 seconds and it will only report if the wattage exceeds the change in wattage amount or wattage percent set in the other two parameters for the outlet. That works very well for devices that go to 0 watts when they are off as the strip will stop reporting altogether when the device is off. The nice thing about these strips is that you can configure each of the 6 outlets report triggering based on change in wattage or percentage. I have attached the tech specs for the strips.

I have several of these and after I got them set, I am very happy about their reporting.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X