Two Echo's and two Alexa Amazon accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Echo's and two Alexa Amazon accounts

I now have set up an Amazon Household account so I can listen to my wife's Amazon audible books. All I have to say to Alexa is "switch accounts" and then she can have her own special News Briefing and her own skills.

However our joint Homeseer SKILL and devices need to be re-enabled and the Homeseer devices reloaded each time in order to work on the switched to Amazon Alexa household account. If I don't perform the Homeseer reinstall after the account is switched then Alexa says "sorry the device is not responding, please check its network connection and power supply".

In other words Homeseer will only work with one Amazon account.

I also now have two Echo's in the house.

Mason are you aware of this problem?

This is not a plugin issue, but an api issue between amazon and homeseer. You'll need to send this to support@homeseer.com

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      This is not a plugin issue, but an api issue between amazon and homeseer. You'll need to send this to support@homeseer.com

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
      Chaser, please report back here what you find out. I'd like to get a second Alexa and am wondering the same.
      Thanks!!

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but was there ever an answer? Just starting with Homeseer, Omni Plugin and Alexa and I see the same thing:

We have 3 Echo Dots, and 2 Amazon accounts (under one Household), and 1 myHS free account. I can enable Alexa Homeseer simple skill/API from Alexa app signed in on one Amazon account, discover devices successfully, all works well, from Alexa on that account.

Then log in to other account in Alexa app, enable skill, discover, all found. But Alexa connected to original Amazon account now says all devices don't respond.

Then tell Alexa to switch accounts, now she can control the devices again. Log back in to the original Amazon account in Alexa app, all devices are shown offline, that is why Alexa on that account cannot control them.

On that original Amazon account, disable and re-enable skill, rediscover, all good again for Alexa on that account, but now Alexa on other account cannot control things, and app for that account says devices all offline.

I suspect MyHS can only accept one Amazon linked account login at a time, even though same Household, so Alexas on different accounts cannot both access MyHS and connect to devices.

Can anyone confirm, or is this a matter to raise (again?) with Homeseer support? My wife and I have different uses and profiles for our Alexas and I don't want to have to keep them all on one account just to use HS.

Thanks

Comment

Got an answer to this from Matt at HS: he confirmed that a basic MyHS account can only be connected with one Amazon account. That is why an Alexa on a different Amazon account (even in same household) cannot control the devices. He said MyHS Premium account, $24/year, can accept multiple Amazon account connections.

My to him asked for an enhancement to enable multiple Amazon household account logins to the base MyHS, or offer a lower tier premium MyHS for 1 device but several Amazon accounts.

Comment

Working...
          X