No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 build 435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the first I have heard of this, if you find the cause please post.

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    I'll do some more testing today, but WU was up and running from what I could tell because I looked over my PI's based off the reports on this thread about PI's not working properly.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      I updated to 435 a few days ago and thought I wasn't having any issues. But I also couldn't figure out why some of my events were not working. I finally started looking and found any event that was utilizing time was broken. No errors in the logs, but no attempt to even try to run the event either. I was on 422 previous, and reverted back, and all is fine.

First screen shot is with 435. Second is 422. I am not sure where the time even came from on the events. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is Rich monitoring this thread? I have seen issues crop up by multiple people, and nothing from HS, but I also saw that he stated he has moved on from HS3 to other projects. So did something get released to the wild and not get monitored?
      I had and posted about this exact problem I had when using the "export event" and "restore events" functions on the lab tab. Every event that was using Easy Trigger was damaged. It appears one of the functions is dropping some PI entries, my guess is it's the export function.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Just updated to HS3 3.0.0.435 on Windows 10.

Zwave wont start up right. The log shows this over and over:
        Code:
        Apr-27 4:49:53 PM	 	Z-Wave	Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
        Was on zwave .199, then updated to the newest beta, then downgrade to the latest official release which is showing as 3.0.190

Any thoughts? I verified it has the right interface listed and is still on the right com port. It is a Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick
        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          This is the first I have heard of this, if you find the cause please post.

I have something strange going on, I think both happened on a reboot. First BLLock didn't load and was disabled in the interface. and then later in the day I had BlueIris disabled in the interface, and I didn't physically do either one of them. I have win10 with hs .435

Comment

I'm randomly seeing a lot of these in the Homeseer terminal window on my Lubuntu install. Any Ideas where they are coming from and what might be causing them. Every thing seems to be working. I am running on a temporary server right now with no audio.

underrun!!! (at least 534439567.561 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 555096499.472 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 555180792.864 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 556534212.308 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 533074338.405 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 533052198.151 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 588741062.801 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 556586659.809 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 548532072.119 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 555225013.232 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 558798484.850 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 528761234.704 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 534586140.365 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.026 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.024 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.025 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.032 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.020 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.034 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.015 ms long)
            underrun!!! (at least 0.025 ms long)

Current Date/Time: 4/27/2018 6:37:03 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
            Linux version: Linux HS3 4.13.0-38-generic #43-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 14 15:20:44 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 6 Days 22 Hours 59 Minutes 43 Seconds
            Number of Devices: 423
            Number of Events: 90
            Available Threads: 199
            HSTouch Enabled: True
            Event Threads: 0
            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
            Device Exec Queue: 0
            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
            Email Send Queue: 0
            Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.2.0: AquaConnect
            3.0.0.56: DSC Security
            3.0.1.10: Kodi
            3.2.19.1: mcsMQTT
            1.2.0.0: Monoprice Amp
            3.0.1.109: PHLocation
            3.0.6629.22233: Ultra1Wire3
            3.0.0.83: weatherXML
            3.0.0.36: X10
            0.0.0.6: YAMAHA-RECEIVER
            3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

And after the underruns were finished I got a bunch of these:

Apr-27 6:28:17 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Manually Triggered Front door opened in away mode
              Apr-27 6:28:17 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Manually Triggered Front door opened in away mode
              Apr-27 6:28:17 PM HSTouch Server Error executing HSTouch action: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
              Apr-27 6:28:17 PM Device Control Device: Outside Garage Color Control to Green (2)
              Apr-27 6:28:17 PM Event Event Automatic Front door opens, Action of HSTouch Actions could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete.
              Apr-27 6:28:17 PM HSTouch Server Error executing HSTouch action: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
              Apr-27 6:28:17 PM Event Event Automatic Front door opens, Action of HSTouch Actions could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete.
              Apr-27 6:28:16 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Manually Triggered Front door opened in away mode
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I have been on .435 for little over 3 days now. Checking all my events and they seem fine. Moved onto the log and I am still getting the Callback issue. But if you notice, they happen once per hour at 3 minutes after and this goes back all 3 days.

Apr-28 11:03:02 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-28 10:03:25 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-28 10:03:25 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 64) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-28 09:03:02 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-28 09:03:02 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-27 22:03:01 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-27 21:03:01 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-27 21:03:01 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 64) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-26 12:03:02 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-26 11:03:36 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-26 11:03:36 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates

I went to the log to see what happens at that time and found the only item is WeatherXML processing the newest forecast (which is set to update once per hour at 3 after)

Apr-28 11:03:02 weatherXML Check for refID: 475
                Apr-28 11:03:02 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                Apr-28 11:03:02 weatherXML Check for refID: 542
                Apr-28 11:03:01 weatherXML Set devices for HSTouch usage
                Apr-28 11:03:01 weatherXML Set Forecast Device
                Apr-28 11:03:00 weatherXML Download WU Forecast: 37
                Apr-28 11:03:00 weatherXML Data from Lat/Long
                Apr-28 11:03:00 weatherXML Forecast Source: wu
                Apr-28 11:03:00 weatherXML Running Forecast

If possible, I'm going to turn off the HSTouch part of WeatherXML and see if I continue to get the error.
                HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                  I have been on .435 for little over 3 days now. Checking all my events and they seem fine. Moved onto the log and I am still getting the Callback issue. But if you notice, they happen once per hour at 3 minutes after and this goes back all 3 days.

Apr-28 10:03:25 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                  Apr-28 10:03:25 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 64) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                  Apr-28 09:03:02 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                  Apr-28 09:03:02 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                  I’ve gotten about 150 of those errors beginning about 15 minutes after I installed .435 on April 20. They are intermittent with the last ones yesterday at around 4:00PM. They seem to happen when I am editing events or other activities that slow the system down. They haven’t happened during the night.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I tried .435 again and let it run. After over an hour I was still getting an average of 3 per second of the event callback warnings. I went back to .423, which works fine.

Bill

Comment

423 is doing the same thing, it just is not logging the message. This means you are dropping events to plugins. Can you disable your plugins one at a time to find out which plugin is generating all the callbacks? I cannot think of any reason you should be getting so many. A callback should only be made if something in your system changes like a device.

I guess I need to add a logging option that logs all callbacks so we can see what is causing this.

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                      I tried .435 again and let it run. After over an hour I was still getting an average of 3 per second of the event callback warnings. I went back to .423, which works fine.

Bill

Comment

HS3Sentry (Linux) fails when using port other than 80

I'm running v.435 on Ubuntu and turned on HS3Sentry. Bad idea! Put machine in a perpetual reboot loop that was very difficult to interrupt.

HS3Sentry started by attempting to connect to the IP address of the HS3 host, but I do not use port 80 for the interface, so it failed. Then it tried to connect on 127.0.0.1, again without specifying the port. No go.

The fix was to catch HS3 the moment it opened the web server, uncheck the box for HSSentry in Setup | General, and cross fingers. Got it on about the third or fourth reboot after I finally figured out what was happening.

Rog

hs_sentry.log (partial -- there are a lot of these):

4/25/2018 4:41:52 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 192.168.0.91

4/25/2018 4:42:12 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:42:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:42:52 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:12 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:52 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:52 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...

4/25/2018 4:46:44 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1

4/25/2018 4:47:04 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:47:24 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:47:45 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:05 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:25 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:45 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:45 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...

4/25/2018 4:51:34 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1

4/25/2018 4:51:54 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:52:14 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:52:34 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:52:54 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:53:14 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:53:34 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:53:34 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          423 is doing the same thing, it just is not logging the message. This means you are dropping events to plugins. Can you disable your plugins one at a time to find out which plugin is generating all the callbacks? I cannot think of any reason you should be getting so many. A callback should only be made if something in your system changes like a device.

I guess I need to add a logging option that logs all callbacks so we can see what is causing this.
                          That would be extremely helpful, as it's very time consuming to figure out which PI is causing the slowdowns.
                          That said, I'm not seeing any real operational issues or errors from any PI when the error occurs so I suspect the Queue is filling up during normal operations, but where there's a lot of Queue activity (perhaps due to some timing issues where a lot of PI activity hits at the same time?) Perhaps the max size needs to be increased or made more dynamic (ie watch to see how fast it's growing).

Nonetheless, knowing which PI is going to help figure out what's occuring.

Z

Comment

Do you have more than one active network connection? Right now, it only supports one connection. You can specify a specific connection in the settings.ini file (now documented in the HS3 help file).

Originally posted by rloeb View Post
                            I'm running v.435 on Ubuntu and turned on HS3Sentry. Bad idea! Put machine in a perpetual reboot loop that was very difficult to interrupt.

HS3Sentry started by attempting to connect to the IP address of the HS3 host, but I do not use port 80 for the interface, so it failed. Then it tried to connect on 127.0.0.1, again without specifying the port. No go.

The fix was to catch HS3 the moment it opened the web server, uncheck the box for HSSentry in Setup | General, and cross fingers. Got it on about the third or fourth reboot after I finally figured out what was happening.

Rog

hs_sentry.log (partial -- there are a lot of these):

4/25/2018 4:41:52 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 192.168.0.91

4/25/2018 4:42:12 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:42:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:42:52 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:12 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:52 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:43:52 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...

4/25/2018 4:46:44 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1

4/25/2018 4:47:04 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:47:24 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:47:45 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:05 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:25 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:45 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:48:45 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...

4/25/2018 4:51:34 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1

4/25/2018 4:51:54 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:52:14 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:52:34 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:52:54 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:53:14 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:53:34 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)

4/25/2018 4:53:34 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...

Comment

Yes, there are two interfaces, so I updated settings.ini as explained in the help file. Thank you.

Rog

Comment

My shutdown script (as specified in Tools->Setup->Custom->Shutdown Script) calls an event that I have (Default->Shutdown). All this event does is
                                send a Pushover Message saying that HomeSeer is shutting down. I like doing this in case HomeSeer goes down (at least if it goes down gracefully, I'll get a notification).

Back in version 368, I always got this notification whenever HomeSeer is shutdown. With 435, I no longer get this notification.

Log file contents (in reverse chronological order):

Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Z-Wave Saving Z-Wave Network Information...
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Finished shutting down all plug-ins.
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Shutting down plug-in: Z-Wave
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Shutting down plug-in: Pushover 3P
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Shutting down all plug-ins.
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Shutting down plug-ins ...
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Shutdown Script Completed
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Event Event Trigger "Default Shutdown" <= this is called by my shutdown script
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown My-Shutdown.vb is running.
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Running shutdown script ...
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Shutdown Application shutdown at 4/30/2018 9:57:05 AM
                                Apr-30 9:57:05 AM Warning Request from UI to shutdown

Above is in reverse chronological order, so, the shutdown event looks like it is getting called before the plug-ins are shutdown (although they are occurring within the same second).

So, I replaced the Pushover message in my Shutdown event with just an email. I don't get the email either.

Is there a change in shutdown behavior so I can't send pushover or email from a shutdown event anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X