www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old August 31st, 2017, 01:03 PM
Seer

Hi Steve, I have done a factory reset on my Homeseer and uninstalled old app. Installed newest app but have issue that it is not catching up the event. Is there a way to really start from scratch with the plugin?
Old August 31st, 2017, 04:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMSJ View Post
3.0.5.2 is last version released. Message #241 top of page 13.
https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...186122&page=13

I am actually running 3.0.5.3 which corrects some very minor bugs but I haven't packaged that up yet.

Steve
Thanks. I will download and try it out.
Old August 31st, 2017, 05:52 PM
Seer Master

Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health

Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
Hi Steve, I have done a factory reset on my Homeseer and uninstalled old app. Installed newest app but have issue that it is not catching up the event. Is there a way to really start from scratch with the plugin?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'not catching up the event'. If you mean that it is not detecting wake-ups check that you have 'log wakeup messages' set in the ZWave plugin as noted in the guide. This may have been deselected by resetting Homeseer.

I'm not at home at the moment but, from memory, if you want to start from scratch I suggest:
Make sure the plugin is disabled.
Delete any SDJ-Health monitoring devices, parent and children.
Delete the SDJ-Health.ini file from the Config folder.
Perform an installation of the plugin in accordance with the guide.
That should set you back to scratch with all settings at defaults.

Steve
Old September 1st, 2017, 09:59 AM
Seer Deluxe

I installed the plugin last night and devices have been created as expected. But when I choose Plug-ins>SDJ-Health>Config I end up with a blank page (both in Chrome and Edge on Win10). Is this a known problem?
Old September 1st, 2017, 12:10 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddan101 View Post
I installed the plugin last night and devices have been created as expected. But when I choose Plug-ins>SDJ-Health>Config I end up with a blank page (both in Chrome and Edge on Win10). Is this a known problem?
I've not heard of this problem before. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome without issue. Can you set the LogLevel to 2 and see what is logged when you try to access the Config page.

To set the LogLevel without access to the Config page you need to edit the SDJ-Health.ini file. This should be in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3\Config folder. Disable the plug-in first then edit the line:
LogLevel=1 to read LogLevel=2
Save the ini file.

Filter your log to show just SDJ-Health messages from the Type dropdown, start the plug-in wait about 30 seconds and then try and access the Config page. Wait another 20 seconds and then copy the log and post it here.

Thanks,
Steve
Old September 4th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I've not heard of this problem before. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome without issue. Can you set the LogLevel to 2 and see what is logged when you try to access the Config page.

To set the LogLevel without access to the Config page you need to edit the SDJ-Health.ini file. This should be in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3\Config folder. Disable the plug-in first then edit the line:
LogLevel=1 to read LogLevel=2
Save the ini file.

Filter your log to show just SDJ-Health messages from the Type dropdown, start the plug-in wait about 30 seconds and then try and access the Config page. Wait another 20 seconds and then copy the log and post it here.

Thanks,
Steve
A simple restart of the plugin seemed to solve the issue. No problem since.

I can confirm that the plugin works well with RFXCOM devices. For example, one climate sensor reports temp, humidity and battery to three different HS devices. I have grouped these together (using Jon00's grouping plugin) with a root device that I've manually created. I then select the root device under the plugin settings and "Devices Requiring Activity Monitoring". The battery device only reports when it reaches "low" why activity monitoring is required.

This is also a nice way to monitor that the sensor actually reports measurements as expected. I have lowered "MonitorActivity" to 1 hour.

Thank you for a great plugin!!
Old September 4th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddan101 View Post
A simple restart of the plugin seemed to solve the issue. No problem since.

I can confirm that the plugin works well with RFXCOM devices. For example, one climate sensor reports temp, humidity and battery to three different HS devices. I have grouped these together (using Jon00's grouping plugin) with a root device that I've manually created. I then select the root device under the plugin settings and "Devices Requiring Activity Monitoring". The battery device only reports when it reaches "low" why activity monitoring is required.

This is also a nice way to monitor that the sensor actually reports measurements as expected. I have lowered "MonitorActivity" to 1 hour.

Thank you for a great plugin!!
Thanks, Freddan101 I'm glad you are able to make use of the plugin with RFXCOM devices and that is some useful information you have provided.

If possible I would like to make the plugin work with more technologies without needing too much user intervention. So any further information you can provide is useful.

Are you saying that the individual devices created by the RXFCOM plug-in for a mutisensor are not grouped together, hence you needing to manually group them? Is there anything else about the individual devices that identifies that they all belong to one physical device? At the moment the Activity Checking method in SDJ-Health requires a root device and a battery child plus any additional sensor children, for one physical device. You have created this group manually with Jon00's plug-in. If possible I would like to make SDJ-Health detect that the individual devices represent one physical device without the need for manual grouping.

Steve
Old September 16th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Seer Master

Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health

Got an alert to tell me that my 'Bathroom Multisensor Battery' was dead. The last battery reading before it died was 39% so I didn't get a low battery alert but I did of course get an alert when SDJ-Health detected it missed waking up.

This is the only Aeon Multisensor 6 I have running on batteries. It does send readings to HS but the levels aren't terribly useful. On the previous run the battery did get down to 'Low Battery' which was set at 20%, this time it only got down to 39%. It stuck on 100% for nearly 4 months, dropped suddenly to 50% then in steps down to 39% over the next week.

15/09/2017 23:07: 39% 28.0% per day
15/09/2017 17:07: 46% 0.5% per day
07/09/2017 17:35: 50% 0.6% per day
10/06/2017 22:57: 100% 0.0% per day
10/06/2017 17:43: 50% 2.2% per day
18/05/2017 21:12: 100% 0.0% per day
18/05/2017 21:12: 100% 0.0% per day
18/05/2017 Batteries last replaced
13/05/2017 07:01: 0% 138.2% per day

4 months on a set of batteries and they aren't cheap batteries. Not great but consistent with previously getting 2 months when it was only running on one battery. Shame I can't get USB power to this one in it's particular location.

Steve

Last edited by SteveMSJ; September 16th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Steve,

This is a great Plug-In! Thanks for creating it. I do have a question though...can you add whatever it takes for it to utilize the Plug-In standard format in Device Type that HS has in the Device List?

It would look like:

Type: Plug-In: SDJ-Health

I like to select these as immediate filters in my views at times. This would essentially select the SDJ-Health Child and SDJ-Health Root Devices using only one selection.

Thanks again for all of your effort!

-Travis
Old September 16th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
Hi Steve,

This is a great Plug-In! Thanks for creating it. I do have a question though...can you add whatever it takes for it to utilize the Plug-In standard format in Device Type that HS has in the Device List?

It would look like:

Type: Plug-In: SDJ-Health

I like to select these as immediate filters in my views at times. This would essentially select the SDJ-Health Child and SDJ-Health Root Devices using only one selection.

Thanks again for all of your effort!

-Travis
So you mean just set SDJ-Health as the device type rather than differentiating the Root and Children?
That seems a sensible. I will implement it in the next update.

Steve
Old September 16th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
So you mean just set SDJ-Health as the device type rather than differentiating the Root and Children?
That seems a sensible. I will implement it in the next update.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure that you understood exactly what I was trying to say though...I asked this of Rob Mason a while back working on the HAI/Omni Plug-In....reference here explains better what I was trying to convey...

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...88&postcount=6

Does that make sense?

-Travis
Old September 16th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Seer Deluxe

Steve,

I have a Kwikset lock that missed its reporting so I disabled it and then enabled it.

It is still waiting. When I go to config, it is not in the drop down as a device to poll (it was there previously).

How do I get the PI to pick it up again?

Thanks,

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.357 | 737 devices | 325 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | BLAlarm | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris |
Old September 17th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure that you understood exactly what I was trying to say though...I asked this of Rob Mason a while back working on the HAI/Omni Plug-In....reference here explains better what I was trying to convey...

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...88&postcount=6

Does that make sense?

-Travis
OK, I understand now.
I have added a routine to update the device types so they work as you describe. I want to test it for a while before posting the update.

Steve
Old September 17th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvtravlr View Post
Steve,

I have a Kwikset lock that missed its reporting so I disabled it and then enabled it.

It is still waiting. When I go to config, it is not in the drop down as a device to poll (it was there previously).

How do I get the PI to pick it up again?

Thanks,
I'm not sure what is happening. I've just tested disabling a device being monitored by polling and it is still in the list of devices requiring polling and selected. Re-enabling it doesn't cause any problems either.

What version of SDJ-Health are you running? 3.0.5.2 is the current released version. If you are not on that can you update and then see if the problem still exists.

If you are on the latest version then set LogLevel to 2 for debugging then exit and re-enter the SDJ-Health Config page. You can then set LogLevel back to 0 or 1. Capture your log filtered for just SDJ-Health messages for the period when the Config page was opening. You should see an entry for 'Building Battery Device List', see if anything of note comes after that.

Also have a look at your Kwikset lock devices. Check that they are all still grouped together with at least a root device and a battery child. There is a ZWave bug where the root devices sometimes loose there relationship status. Have a look at the Advanced tab of the Kwikset lock root device and check the Relationship Status is 'Parent Root'.

Steve
Old September 17th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Seer Deluxe

Steve,

I updated to the latest version of the PI, deleted the SDJ device, entered config and lo and behold, the lock battery appears in the devices to poll - drop down list. All is good.

Thanks for your PI and your help,
Old September 17th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvtravlr View Post
Steve,

I updated to the latest version of the PI, deleted the SDJ device, entered config and lo and behold, the lock battery appears in the devices to poll - drop down list. All is good.

Thanks for your PI and your help,

That's good news.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

Reporting...

Steve,

If you are sitting around scratching your head trying to figure out what you could next add to your great PI, may I suggest a report that could be output in either HTML or plain text so that it could be emailed?

My wife, while not a HS3 enthusiast, nevertheless relies on our home automation, which includes battery operated devices. I would like her to receive an email on a weekly or monthly basis that lists all devices' battery level.

Why, you may ask? Well, if I'm not around, I want to make it as easy as possible for her.

Thanks,