Run Command like SmartThings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Command like SmartThings?

I am considering SmartThings vs HomeSeer. I plan to use the Amazon Echo for voice commands but it seems that the integration is different between HomeSeer and SmarThings. For example, to run a HomeSeer command I need to say "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn the lights on" but with SmartThings I can just say "Alexa, turn the lights on."

For the "WAF" factor, I need the voice command phrases to be as simple as possible. Am I understanding HomeSeer's integration incorrectly? Is there a reason why I cannot run a command in HomeSeer like SmartThings? I like HomeSeer's capabilities more but this one might be a deal breaker.

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
    I am considering SmartThings vs HomeSeer. I plan to use the Amazon Echo for voice commands but it seems that the integration is different between HomeSeer and SmarThings. For example, to run a HomeSeer command I need to say "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn the lights on" but with SmartThings I can just say "Alexa, turn the lights on."

For the "WAF" factor, I need the voice command phrases to be as simple as possible. Am I understanding HomeSeer's integration incorrectly? Is there a reason why I cannot run a command in HomeSeer like SmartThings? I like HomeSeer's capabilities more but this one might be a deal breaker.
    Check the other thread you posted this question in (Api)

Comment

The difference is we have an interface for both the skill and API.

So the phrase 'Alexa, turn the lights on' will work for both SmartThings and HomeSeer.

For other interactions that are more complex, you might need the skill.

The phrase 'Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on the lights for five minutes' is not going to work with SmartThings, no matter how you try.

You can run events by name or phrase.

You can run items through IFTTT.

Our HSTouch client app uses the same functionality as the echo, and you don't need to say 'Alexa, tell HomeSeer to' for that.

That means you can use your smart phone for voice command as well.

We've tried to give users the widest range of possibilities, while making the phrasing as simple as possible.

Oh, and if your phone is connected to HS3 in your house via Wi-Fi, you're using the voice command process without going to the cloud.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
      X